Preview: Han Dynasty / Wuxia Fantasy Buildings

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
I've temporarily given up on trying to figure out better UV texture mapping methods (for now) and focused a bit more on making the actual building models. I think I'll use procedural textures for these before I can delve a bit more into the finer points of UV mapping. Anyway, the first building for an updated Han Dynasty building pack is previewed below. Not sure what building it would represent.

Attachments

• LuoyangHanSample.png
    LuoyangHanSample.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 142
Experimenting with basic procedural textures.

Attachments

• hanhouseprev.png
    hanhouseprev.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 79
Another building.

Attachments

• handynastybuilding2.png
    handynastybuilding2.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 66
Bare bones of a market place. Need to make it look more lively.

Attachments

• hanmarketprev.png
    hanmarketprev.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 110
Maybe you can add sun light to your scene or increase strength of background color in World's setting? It's hard to see anything.

Took me a while to figure out how to do the lightning and shadows, but I think I may end up simply exporting this and rendering it all in Bryce as I normally would.

Attachments

• hanmarketprev2.png
    hanmarketprev2.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 89
Try my setups for Blender Internal and Blender Cycles. Sun light is important for outdoor renders but world settings are even more important. In BI if you think that light is too strong or you need more light just increase a sun strength or in world settings play with ambient occlusion, environment lighting, indirect lighting and falloff. In Blender Cycles, the same with sun just just increase its strength or in world settings play with turbidity, ground albedo, strength and ambient occlusion.

Attachments

• blender_cycles_world_setup.zip
    712.6 KB · Views: 27
  • blender_internal_world_setup.zip
    130.3 KB · Views: 40
I'll try that. I've been relying too much on outdated tutorials - there are so many of them, but all of them are somewhat inconsistent with the changes to the latest Blender versions.

I haven't forgotten the Ki-no-jo fortress I put together a long long while back. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Ki-no-Jo.jpg
    Ki-no-Jo.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 50
A magistrate with guard towers.

Attachments

• magistrate.jpg
    magistrate.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 49
I wasn't satisfied with the walls.

Attachments

• hanmagistrate.jpg
    hanmagistrate.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 51
Question - how do I adjust render and camera settings to get the Civ3-level isometric view?

Attachments

• handynastycitycenter1.jpg
    handynastycitycenter1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom