New team colours!

low said:
Where were you yesterday Sloth? :lol:

Too busy working to really do much with it until a couple hours late last night. Your previews look great, and using my calculations would mainly just help clean up the minor speckling that you're getting on the transitions. Those Iroquois look astoninshingly good in Papal colors, btw.

Here are the files. One is for those who use v1.15 and the other is for v1.22. I have included a ReadMe for both as well.

Just unzip into your root Civ 3 directory.

Rhye said:
A program? I want it! Please post it!
How did you find all that info :eek:

I'll try to post tomorrow, I'm tweaking it a little bit to handle the 5-color transformations - and don't get too excited, the extra two colors are mainly to give better control over the brightness range of the main band, though I am going to test it out with contrasting colors just to see what comes out of it. As for the info, well, I went through the default palette files by hand, loaded their values into a database, and ran some analysis to find out what relations the values had to each other.

My compliments, Sloth.

Why don't you leave the 5-colours thing and instead include an option to make a SHINY colour for each RGB combination you want (1 colour only)? In the first page I've posted an example, and they really look good.

Rhye said:
Low, that flags aren't historical but only what we could imagine as flags for those civs if they had one.
As you see Egyptian is yellow: everything in Egypt is yellow, except the Nile!! :)

Yep, I noticed that. Either way I like these flags/colors more.

Rhye said:
Why don't you leave the 5-colours thing and instead include an option to make a SHINY colour for each RGB combination you want (1 colour only)? In the first page I've posted an example, and they really look good.

That'll be in version 2, along with a camo option. Don't knock the 5-color thing - it's very useful for setting the brightness range - letting you, for example, start from a darker hue on the left or not go quite as dark on the right. Also, there's some interesting possibilities, like fading both sides to white for a brighter unit, or merging the sides toward the third color for a patterned tri-color look. Anyway, here it is, with, hopefully, the only DLL needed. Lemme know if anything comes out weird - I've had limited time to run through all the testing I'd prefer, so something somewhere may need a little tweak. If it refuses to run, I probably missed a dll, so let me know, and I'll try to figure out which one it is.

Operation: The five clustered color boxes one the right side just above the text box are your control colors. The one on the upper left is the left bound of the main band, upper right is the right bound of the main band, the two upper middle boxes are the primary and secondary colors, and the lower box is the tertiary or main city band color. Left clicking any of these lets you pick a color and immediately updates the display, right clicking defaults the color for that box and updates the display. Default colors: Left bound is white; Right bound is black; Primary color is grey; Secondary color is three steps from Primary to right bound; Tertiary color is same as index 8 - 1/3 step between primary and secondary. So, to set a single color transformation quickly, left-click on the primary box, pick a color, then right click on the secondary and tertiary boxes to set the default offsets.

*EDIT*

Non-working attachment removed, http link further in thread.

Humm...Sounds good but I can't open the program.
"Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library."

Civrules said:
Humm...Sounds good but I can't open the program.
"Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library."

Well, damn. Umm, the missing file is vfp6.dll, but it's just barely too big for me to upload. I can set up an offsite spot to pull it from, but not until Monday.

Sloth_MD said:
Well, damn. Umm, the missing file is vfp6.dll, but it's just barely too big for me to upload. I can set up an offsite spot to pull it from, but not until Monday.

Oh, and just to make the delay more bearable... I'm adding loading and saving routines so that it will automatically load in existing palettes, and save out your changes, so you don't have to keep doing it by hand. I found a good spec for the format, and this looks wicked easy to do. Low, this should make any further changes you do a matter of minutes instead of hours. Heh, this little project has seriously sidetracked me from my main modding project, but looks like it'll pay off in a big way.

Oooh.. very brilliant idea Rhye and the rest of you.. I like very much.

Shouldn't the Iroquois be white/blue.. their flag is blue with white squares and a leaf.

Well I got all the colors I like figured out.. Now for civs that I added to my game.

Austria - Yellow/Black
Cherokee - Red/Black
Ethiopia - Yellow/Green
Khmer - ??????
Songhai - ??????

Sloth_MD said:
Oh, and just to make the delay more bearable... I'm adding loading and saving routines so that it will automatically load in existing palettes, and save out your changes, so you don't have to keep doing it by hand. I found a good spec for the format, and this looks wicked easy to do. Low, this should make any further changes you do a matter of minutes instead of hours. Heh, this little project has seriously sidetracked me from my main modding project, but looks like it'll pay off in a big way.

Sounds good. I can't wait to try it out.

low said:
Sounds good. I can't wait to try it out.

M'kay - set up a quick and dirty download page at geocities - http://www.geocities.com/diplosloth/classic_blue.html. It's pretty much the only thing on that page, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Unzip, drop the dlls into the system32 folder and register them, and you should be good to go. You might even be able to get away with just leaving them in the same directory as the executable.

Don't yet know how to use it (although it works now), so I guess I'll just get the others, along with any updates that might come in the future. :)

Top Bottom