Phantoms of Pre-Columbia: Native Civilizations of America, Asia, and Australia

Doing some reading I came across the Yaqui, I'd say they'd be a pretty nice addition to this civ collection.

I mean, you can't go wrong when you've got an unit looking like this:

The hell is that monstrosity? Lol. But seriously, what do they call that thing and what could it replace?

Man, just wait until we get the Selk'nam out. That'll freak some folk out.

I thought I'd just give an update. The Taino are in development hell right now, so I've started working on the Apache and the Ryukyu.

Does anyone have a good symbol for the Apache icon?

I have recently made an icon for them. I can share it with you tomorrow, when I have access to my working laptop
Also, there's a half-done icon for Geronimo somewhere in my files. If I manage to find and finish it, you are welcome to use it :)

If you interested i could provide you a Unit Portrait and Unit Art Model for Juramentado.
i used this before in one of my mods.

..it looks like this..
Spoiler :

the model look like this ingame..

Spoiler :

Also i found a perfect war music for Moro, it's called singkil, a filipino pre-colonial war dance
Spoiler :

Singkil is a war dance of the muslim people in mindanao whose ancestor are the Moros, so i think it would fit them since they are the ones who really made it. also im the one who suggested it to TPangolin.

So I thought I should revive this thread. Once I finish with the Europeans civs that I'm almost done with I'm gonna redirect my attention here and try to get some Pre-Columbian civs out. Anyway, I have this idea for the Seminole in my head so I'll share it and see what you guys think:

The Seminole

Leader: Osceola

UA: Unconquered: Marshes generate +1 :c5culture: Culture and act as forts when your units defend on them. Your units suffer no movement or combat penalty from rough terrain in your territory.

UU: Maroon: Replaces Rifleman. Starts with Drill I and can move immediately if purchased. Has a chance to spawn another Maroon upon killing an enemy adjacent to your cities.

UI: Chickee: Available at Construction. Can be built on tiles with freshwater access or marshes. When built on freshwater tiles, the Chickee generates +1 :c5food: Food and +1 :c5gold: Gold. When built on Marshes, the Chickee generates +2 :c5food: Food, +2 :c5production: Production, +1 :c5gold: Gold, and +1 :c5culture: Culture. Marsh Chickees generate an additional +2 :c5culture: Culture and :c5gold: Gold upon researching Ecology. If one of your cities is captured, your other cities have a random chance to gain :c5citizen: Citizens based on the number of Chickees being worked on and the number of citizens lost in that city.

What do you guys think?

UA: fine. Though you'll need to do better than that to make me keep marshes..., I'm playing with ExCE. Sometimes I clear just to make my life easier.
UU: perfect. The free promotion is very synergetic with the rest of the civ.
UI: What happens if I build it on fresh water marsh? Looks like a better version of the polder to me.

Nah, I think the ignoring difficult terrain on own territory, coupled with the UI, is enough to make Marshes worthwhile.

Maybe I'd go even further beyond and instead of simply using Marshes as Forts they got a promotion when starting the turn on a March that gave them extra strenght and Culture from Victories. Maybe.

I don't like the Maroon as much though, as there's like half a dozen civs trying to make use of that unit name.

I couldn't find a proper name for the Seminole Warriors, but Hammock Gunman seems to work. I'd make it a Crossbowman (Skirmisher in the Enlightenment era Mod) replacement that got a Flanking bonus of course, given what's said here

Again, the thing is, that the UI is very strong. Its basically a better version of the polder.

Thanks Hoop. My main reason for posting this was so someone could give me a better UU. I was just thinking that the UA bonus for marshes could be "act as forts when your units defend on them and enemy units ending their turn on marshes in your territory have a chance of taking damage." A lot of American soldiers got diseases from invading the Everglades so I think that makes sense too. What do you think? Also, what do you think about the UI? I'm not sure if it has too many yields. And Natan, a marsh Chickee adjacent to a river would get the yields of a marsh Chickee and that's it. It wouldn't get any other bonuses for being adjacent to a river.

I'd leave it as:

The Seminole

Leader: Osceola

UA: Unconquered: Your units suffer no combat penalty from rough terrain in your territory. Units on Marshes have double defense and Generate Culture from gaining experience.

UU: Hammock Gunman: Replaces Crossbowman? Skirmisher? Gatling Gun?. Ignores movement penalty inside your territory and earns extra experience and a combat bonus if there's another Hammock adjacent to it.

UI: Chickee: Available at Construction. Can be built on tiles with freshwater access or marshes. When built on freshwater tiles, the Chickee generates +1 Food and +1 Gold. When built on Marshes, the Chickee generates +2 Food, +2 Gold, and +2 Culture. Marsh Chickees generate an additional +2 Culture and Gold upon researching Ecology. If one of your cities is captured, your other cities gain Citizens based on the number of Chickees being worked on and the number of citizens lost in that city.

Hmmm... For the record, marhses don't really count as rough terrain(for promotions), and the Chickee is still OP in my eyes... At least make it not buildbale next to another Chickee?

Maps (in my experience at least) don't tend to have that many marshes to begin with.

The way I'm going it make it is that there's actually two Chickees, one which can only be built adjacent to freshwater and gives the freshwater Chickee yields and one which can only be built on marshes and gives the marsh Chickee yields. I could make it that the freshwater Chickees can't be built adjacent to each other, but their yields are low enough that I don't consider it necessary. Marsh is relatively rare (although I will give the Seminoles a marsh start bias) so I don't think restricting the marsh Chickees is a good idea.

Top Bottom