Civ 5 Design Challenge II - Mechanics

Yes. Yes it is.
Also, that seems like a tie... Would you please not flip a coin?

Yup, we still have two days.

Welp, looks like it's a tie between Urdnot_Scott's Vandals and Hoop Thrower's Prince-Bishopric of Liege.

Now, the voting between the two begins. The voting this time is much shorter this time - it ends on the 31st of August. Now, Hoop Thrower and Urdnot_Scott, PM me a mechanic. Whoever wins will have their mechanic published.

Urdnot_Scott wins this round! His mechanic is:

Receive a bonus in the :c5capital: Capital for every city being :c5razing: razed.

You have until 06/09 to make your designs!

Wow, I was already going to use this for something.

Apache

Leader: Geronimo

UA: Desert Raiders: All units gain a 20% :c5strength: Combat bonus when attacking during the first 10 turns of a war. Cities being :c5razing: Razed generate no :c5angry: Unhappiness and give :c5gold: Gold and :c5food: Food in the :c5capital: Capital.

UU: Renegade: Replaces Rifleman. +1 :c5moves: Movement, ignores rough terrain movement penalties, and no movement cost when pillaging.

UU: War Band: Replaces Cavalry. +1 :c5moves: Movement. Ignores enemy ZOC. 20% more :c5strength: Combat strength from flanking bonuses.

For the actual Apache civ I'm making I might change it to the nearest city instead of the capital. I know this isn't the design and discussion thread but any thoughts on that? I'm actually going to make the Apache so I'd like a little feedback if possible.

Heres this:
Dictatorship of the Roman Republic
Fabius Maximus
UA: The Shield of Rome
Upon :c5razing: Razing a City receive a free Melee Unit and a +10% :c5production: Production bonus in the :c5capital: Capital, All Military Units produced in the :c5capital: Capital are spawned closest to the nearest Great General.
UU: Alae (Spearmen)
Much more cheaper yet weaker than the Unit it replaces, it gains a +5% :c5strength: Defensive Bonus for every Promotion it has adopted and may randomly gain an additional :c5moves: Movement point.
UI: Castra
Military Units stationed on a Castra heal +5 HP per turn, +1 Experience to Units trained within the nearest City, generates +2 :c5greatperson: Great General Points, available at Construction.

How about:

Akkad - Sargon

UA - Not even a perch for the birds: Gain additional culture :c5culture: and production :c5production: yields in your capital for each turn a city is being razed. Gain a tourism modifier against civs for each original city of theirs in your empire.

UU - Heavy Chariot: Replaces the chariot archer, is a melee unit which requires iron instead of horses. Stronger and has a bonus against cities.

UB - Victory Stele: Replaces the colosseum, generates tourism in cities you've conquered.

Mongolia
Leader: Kublai Khan

U.A: Dynasty of The fifth Khazan- Earn a production bonus that's 20% of your current culture points when
raizing a city. Capturing a capital spawns a golden age and eliminates any resistance in any other cities.

U.U Mongol Bowman( Composite Bowman) pillaging a tile with horses immediately upgrades it into a mounted version of itself (mounted version has equal strengh but twice as many movement)

U.B yurt (Caravansary) Gives +1 culture and Horse alongside Caravansary bonuses

Here's my take.

Nazi Germany
UA:Lebensraum- For every city being razed the Capital gains a 33% bonus to production of settlers and workers. Cities with 12+ population :c5citizen: can transfer population to cities with lower population :c5citizen:.
UU:Wehrbauer- Doesn't replace any unit. After selecting an ideology two Wehrbauer are produced when a settler is being built. Has two movement :c5moves: and 30 strength :c5strength: and start with an extra two strength :c5strength: when entering a new era. Provides one population :c5citizen: when disbanded in a city.
UB:Reichskommissariat- Replaces Constable. Provides 5% growth :c5food: plus another 5% growth :c5food: for each city being razed. When built allows a city to be puppeted :c5puppet: , puppeted :c5puppet: cities yield 5% more production :c5production: and gold :c5gold:. Automatically built in new cities after selecting an ideology.

So... I just had to participate:

Iroquois(Hiawatha)

UA: The Beaver Wars
Upon razing a city, may choose to transfer the :c5citizen: citizen to the :c5capital: capital, or receive :c5gold: gold for killing him(scales with era). Camps and forest resources in the territory of razed cities are kept and provide +1 :c5gold: gold in the :c5capital: capital, as well as boosting the :c5production: production of military units by 2% per each source(max. 40%).

UU: Skirmisher
Unlike the musketman which it replaces, the skirmisher grants :c5food: food in the capital equal to defeated unit:s combat strength, 50% of the damage he deals to cities, or the :c5gold: gold he receives. Has the siege and woodsman promotion.

UB: Outpost
Replaces Caravansary. In addition to its abilities, it provides +2 :c5gold: gold for you and for the :trade: trade route owner from trade routes he sends to the city. +1 :c5gold: gold from camps.

The best I could come up with... :p

Get ready for more (kind of) China! This time a little less elaborate!

Taiwan
Leader: Koxinga
UA: Tungning Piracy
+1 :c5food: food from all sea resources. When capturing a city that was owned by a major Civilization with at least 10 less :c5happy: happiness than you or a city that may be liberated, Taiwan has the option to evacuate one :c5citizen: citizen per turn to your cities based upon the order of founding. Once all :c5citizen: citizens have been evacuated, the city is :c5razing: razed. Doing this incurs a steep diplomatic penalty with the city's owner before conquest. These moved citizens yield double :c5unhappy: unhappiness. (Note: if you evacuate a :c5capital: Capital, all :c5citizen: citizens are evacuated except for one, and the one-citizen city is returned to the pre-conquest owner).

UU: Fu-chuan Junk (Frigate)
More expensive :)c5production: 200 vs. :c5production: 185), but has more combat strenght :)c5strength: 30 vs. :c5strength: 25) and 1 extra :c5moves: movement point. +5% :c5production: production towards Fu-chuan Junks per declarations of friendship and coastal tiles adjacent to the city producing the Fu-chuan Junk.

UI: Siraya Village
+1 :c5food: food and +1 :c5gold: gold. +20% :c5strength: defensive bonus for units. Cities working at least one Siraya Village gain 1/3 of the city's :c5food: food output in :c5happy: happiness if they have a naval :trade: trade route departing the city. Does not stack. Cannot be built on hill tiles. Unlocked at traping.
OHH NOO! you beat me to it Natan :eek: (but I have been planning this civ for many eons... hehehe)

Top Bottom