Fall from Heaven 2 PDF Manual

This thread should be stickied so new players can access it easily and so it doesn't get buried.

this pdf is included in every next version, so... no chance in forgetting about it :)

I wish I had remembered it before I did my update. :( Thankfully it will be included from now on.

Thanks Grey Fox, that must have been an enormous amount of work!! I am glad there is something back of the wiki ;-) especially now there are some changes with the heroes, in the civiclopedia i cant find wich belongs to whom/what. I hope this could grow like something as the wiki and i hope you dont have to do it alone!! I wouldnt mind to check a text for instance.

Anyways, thank a million!!!!!

Nice job. I was able to convince a friend of mine to try multiplayer FfH after showing him your guide. Now I get to play multiplayer FfH at work instead of multiplayer BTS.

I am looking forward to your updated versions.

Had a quick look and although I've been playing FfH for some time now, did learn a new thing or two. Thumbs up! Looking forward to new versions.
Is there any need to translate this to other languages too? Not everyone is comfortable with English and this Manual is an excellent entry into the world of FfH, as people stated before. What's your take on that?

Well, who doesn't? I've introduced 2 people (1 indirectly) to FFH, and they are loving it as much as I do. Maybe more... Keep up the excellent work, team. Firaxis should be paying you (Well, they'd be paying Unicef, I guess... but still)).

Awesome work, thx for this great contribution. With this in hands recuitment is easier.

Hi

As a long time lurker i have just registered to say

GW :D

Also

Starts with Morale (+10% Strength, +10% City Attack, 10% chance of wearing of per turn)

should be, 10% chance of wearing off per turn

excellent work.

Would love to see more background story put in as well, history of the world, etc.

Any update on this magnificient manual?

great Work!
Is it possible to print this without using that much black ink?

This is very impressive. I presume that you did it all by hand right?

It would be really great if you could make your document somehow be linked to the civilopaedia entries and/or the excel spreadsheet for the unit editor. I realise that this might be a lot of work to start with, but if you succeeded you should have a manual that can be kept up to date with the latest version of FFH at the click of a button, and should help minimise the number of typos etc which creep in.

If you mix this beautiful reference manual with what dj_anion did for BTS (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=236346) you will have the ultimate manual/guide!!

Perhaps Grey Fox can send a message (e-mail: civman@o2.pl or skype: civmanpl) to DJ_Anion and they can merge their superb skills for having the ultimate FFH reference?...;)

Wowsers. Those PDFs have a TON of information that I wasn't entirely aware was in the XML. I think I might try to modify those over to FfH just as incentive to dig through the XML and see what I can learn. I assume most of what impresses me is from the Leaderheads file, which I haven't really looked into at all before.

Grr, was going to just use a PM, but I cannot attach a file then I guess.

Anyway, after looking over the PDF for basic BtS I got some ideas on more things to do for the FfH PDF. Some of what they did for that one is WAY beyond what I personally want to have available, but really nifty (like all the War/Attitude/Trading information for each leader). Other parts of it are sweet, but editing it in that PDF is NOT really reasonable as there is just so much more volume to the information you need for FfH in general.

So, I am going through the XML when I get free time and plucking out all of the useful information (in my personal opinion) that I do not yet see in the PDF and I'll just post it here for Grey Fox to use if he desires in future versions.

Tonight's endeavor was Civilization specifics. The manual already MOSTLY has this information. Primarily what is lacking is what the Civ CANNOT build. Also, it'd be nice to indicate what the initial Government Civic is (since all the others are always the same).

Personal request for formatting though: Can you make it so that the Trait which is changed by Adaptive is indicated on the leaders with it?

Malakim: Creative is Permanent
Kuriotates: Expansive is Permanent
Girgori: Philosophical is Permanent

EDIT: Finished doing Units, so just use the link in my sig (Unit & Civ Reference Charts) if you want to use them. Once I finish everything if you haven't used it I think that I will start re-formatting to match how you did the units in your PDF file, and getting some pictures to slap on them). Also, can you create Hyperlinks to go from page to page? Be nice if each mention of a unit/building/promotion/whatever could link you to the page for info on that item.

Top Bottom