Blue Marble V4.0 Gold

The bright version in 4.5 is great (even on my LCD)... my favourite terrain for now!

(though I still don't know what to think of the gold background)

Cheers, LT.

I can not thank you enough for your continued work on this awesome job you are doing.

I haven't had a chance to check out the new version yet, but, I can't imagine playing Civ without Blue Marble. I am still on v4.20 and I love it.

It seems a lot of folks in this thread do not realize the full potential of the installer you provide with your package. I especially like the fact that I can choose the color of my screens when I install Blue Marble Gold. I don't know if this is true in the new version but I feel safe in assuming it is, as you have built upon your own previous work in the past.

Regardless of their or my own assumptions, what you have done (and are doing) for our game is awesome.

Please keep up the good work!

:goodjob:

mm

Where do i put the Civ Blue Marble application? for it to work.. i havn't got the Civ 4 yet, i was trying to play the Colonization, but the saved games wouldn't load, the graphics were much better than the standard Civ 4 though.. but this looks like it brings the graphic up to colonization standard..

There is a Civ4 and a CivCol version of BlueMarble. After downloading you only have to extract the BM installer (.exe) from the zip file into any folder on your harddisk and run it. The installer then will find a regular Civ4/CivCol installation and offers to install BM. The Civ4 version of BM uses some advantages of CivCol (kudos to Firaxis Games), still Civ4Col will look better, because in this newer game the devlopers use newer shader techniques that are not available in the older Civ4.

There is a Civ4 and a CivCol version of BlueMarble. After downloading you only have to extract the BM installer (.exe) from the zip file into any folder on your harddisk and run it. The installer then will find a regular Civ4/CivCol installation and offers to install BM. The Civ4 version of BM uses some advantages of CivCol (kudos to Firaxis Games), still Civ4Col will look better, because in this newer game the devlopers use newer shader techniques that are not available in the older Civ4.

thanks.. i am going to start experimenting with trying to swap graphic files (dds) from Civ col to Civ4 to see if i can improve the graphics more.

As I said, the CivCol version already uses some useful material from the original CivCol (kudos to Firaxis). But a simple graphics mod like BM is not not able to teach the classic Civ4 program new shaders, like the ones CivCol uses, sorry.

btw @CF: Come "home" man :).
Sorry, I cannot return to the German webring forum. As it happened with other people, I was fired there when I criticized the new administration in public. The new administrators there have a strong pc preference and are planning to remove the CivRev forum from the main level (besides of Civ4, Civ3...) because in their opinion "CivRev is not Civ enough". I enjoy the fast-paced CivRev on PS3 as I love the deep and epic version on PC, and I think that only the artist and creator Sid Meier decides what he wants to call a "Sid Meier's Civ" and what not. But the German pc admins say they do not operate a Sid Meier fan forum and that "console players are not their target audience". I argued for month about this and urged them to treat all Civ fans the same, but when I found out that the German pc admins even created a hidden corner to conspire against the console forums and made this info public, I was fired for improper public behavior. If the pc admins indeed will remove CivRev from the main level there, I will have to switch the forum links on civilized.de over to CivFanatics. In my eyes we all are Civers, now matter which version and plattform we like best. And I think we all are sitting on the same boat - especially now that Take-Two only generated a humble 3% of revenues from pc sales - and 97% from consoles this year... Based on this the console players actually are keeping the business alive for us... As a die-heart pc user and Civilization fan, instead of upgrading my very old pc for the x. time this year, I finally bought a PS3 - that even is capable to run Ubuntu Linux. This saves a lot of hardware costs for me - and allows me playing CivRev. And I would think that if Take-Two actually may finance a new Civ, it will be cross-plattform. And so a cross-plattform forum like this one on CivFanatics is great. I really like the professional services here and cannot think of a better forum for all Civ fans, no matter which version and platform they like best.

I didn't need an explanation, i've followed this discussion.
But i think, it was not personal, the forums are still existing (but near dead), some people said, that they are missing you, and it's christmas, it's time for conciliation :).

some people said, that they are missing you.
Thanks, but I am afraid that I have to put my Civ activities and contributions aside, at least for a while. My doctor had some bad news for me these days, so currently am cleaning up and finishing all kinds of projects, preparing for some serious treatments. The current versions of my mods probably will be the last ones (at least for a while) and I won't be in the forums so often anymore. Time is precious, so let's spend it with the ones we love. Merry Christmas, people!

ColdFever,

After reading your last two posts, all I can really say is ces't la vie, and I wish you all the luck in the world dealing with the serious medical issue.

I dun needin' any of ma modders to be droppin', ya knows?

ColdFever,
You have my best wishes also. I hope your treatment is successful and you're up and about sooner than expected.
Happy Holidays,
Joel

Cold Fever,

Love your work. The rate things are going, someday the best pc games will be entirely open source. :goodjob:

One thing that I'm sure would take ages to implement, but would knock everything else out the water, is giving the user the option to import their own graphics, or at least pick and choose aspects being changed. Maybe you could allow them to pick backgrounds from a repository of some sort?

Anyhow, the backgrounds looks great, and I'm loving the transparent city screen; I didn't like some of the minor changes so I only did a terrain install, though.

I've installed BM 4.5 for my Civ IV: BTS (modded with BAT/BUG) (Box copy-not Steam-purchaced) on my XP Laptop. The new interface shows up, but the terrain and water look just like before. Do you have to 'activate' the terrain stuff somehow?

Thanks, but I am afraid that I have to put my Civ activities and contributions aside, at least for a while. My doctor had some bad news for me these days, so currently am cleaning up and finishing all kinds of projects, preparing for some serious treatments. The current versions of my mods probably will be the last ones (at least for a while) and I won't be in the forums so often anymore. Time is precious, so let's spend it with the ones we love. Merry Christmas, people!

belief makes the world go round, and belief in the self makes you go round.

I downloaded the original BM mod when Civ IV first came out.

Was mint, I'm downloading BM'G' v4.50 right now.

Cheers ColdFever!

Top Bottom