The Global Foyer

CDZ sure is taking their time in answering our missive. Hopefully they are just analyzing the situation thoroughly and not ignoring us. On the other hand it's promising that couple of turns later CDZ and Sirious have not declared war on us.

CDZ sure is taking their time in answering our missive. Hopefully they are just analyzing the situation thoroughly and not ignoring us. On the other hand it's promising that couple of turns later CDZ and Sirious have not declared war on us.

Well, I don't see a reason for them declaring war until they have units in place to do some damage tbh :/

Well, I don't see a reason for them declaring war until they have units in place to do some damage tbh :/

Yea exactly...in any case I did not expect them to reply. It would be a risk for them as we could forward their letter to the rest of the alliance.

The purpose of the letter we send is to start having short of a silent understanding.

It is not sure to work but in our situation we have nothing to lose.

Sorry I haven't been of much help lately, but I'm afraid I'm not the best Civ4 player out there and therefore I feel my strategical skills are probably not as good as other players'. I do however want to continue with diplomacy - so if you need a letter or something done, especially regarding Mavericks or Quatronia, let me know ;)

I have quickly created a draft for Team Mavericks here. Sir Snaker8 should take over any communication with them from here onwards.

Let me know if there should be any addendums/modifications to the draft, as per usual :)

OK. Then I would add a short chapter to the message asking if they have any ongoin deals with others aside from the obvious open borders.

Amended with the suggested change, and will be sent off now. :)

I think the message looks quite good. I am fully willing to write up future letters to the Mavericks, please advise me on what you wish for me to write about at any point you think we should need to send a letter.

we need a discussion with them more than a letter now to see how they view things and to coordinate plans.

Maybe Snaker or/and Caledorn can arrange a discussion on msn or an exchange of PM's with them?

As soon as we receive a reply I will inform them that Snaker8 is the appointed Ambassador, and you can arrange something via PM with their Diplomat, Sir Snaker8 :) (If you wish me to be present in any chat, I will of course be there too - time etc permitting)

I'm still quite new to this whole game, so I think it would be appropriate for Caledorn to join me in a MSN conversation or something like that. That way we can both give input which will probably be able to better reflect the nation of Merlot. (I know I've made statements in our forum in the past which weren't universally accepted, so I believe, for the moment at least, this is the proper course of action)
Also, I know this sounds ridiculous, but I don't know the email or username of the ambassador of the Mavericks! It would probably help if I knew these things :p
Plus, I would also like to know what topics of conversation are top priorities.
The more information I have going into this, the better I can be a diplomat of Merlot ;)

We need to discuss the future really...what we will tech, how we will expand and how we will handle the whole situation.

I need to be part of this discussion as well I feel so maybe we arrange it for next week when I will be back from holiday.

Obsolete is the person to PM to arrange the chat I think...but since we are all in different time zones maybe at theend it is just and exchange of PM's we will see...

Having the King directly in the discussions makes perfect sense to me.
But yes, I completely forgot about the timezones. I am pretty sure at least two of us are in very different parts of the world, so organizing a live chat may be a bit difficult.
Basically, if we are to have a live chat I would need to know what times work best for everyone, and then coordinate it so hopefully no one is up at some ridiculous hour.
Or, we could just PM like you said.
Let me know what works for you.

I am very happy to report that we have received a warm response from Team Mavericks!

My timezone is CET (GMT+01), and it would be ideal if both His Majesty, Sir Snaker8, any representatives Team Mavericks wish to include, and myself were all included indeed! Will you inquire with Ahmedhadzi or Obsolete if they are interested in such a conversation, and do the neccessary arrangements involved?

That's definitely a good response! Strong tech trading, resource trading...a perfect dream alliance. Obviously they are in a similar situation to us.

I'll write up a draft for suggesting a live conversation, so that you can review it.

I'm a bit perplexed as to how we are going to be able to all get together. My time zone is Pacific Time (GMT -8:00). I'm sure we can figure out something though...even if we are around 9 hours apart >_<
First, we need to gather all participants' time zones. I'll ask as part of the letter to have a live conversation.
So I will need to know His Majesty's time zone as well! ;)
See here for draft to have a conversation:
Click Here

Based on His Majesty's location Athens, that would be GMT +2. If that is the easternmost timezone, reasonable times could be for example GMT 17:00 plus Daylight Savings. That would be 9:00 in Pacific time and 19:00 in Eastern European time. Obviously if someone included in the chat would live in Asia or Australia, reasonable time for everyone would be out of the question.

I believe that if that is His Majesty's intention as well we should add to our reply already a promise to give Mavericks all our Inventions as well and list them. We should also give them a list of our resources up for trade and all relevant scouting information.

That's definitely a good response! Strong tech trading, resource trading...a perfect dream alliance. Obviously they are in a similar situation to us.

I'll write up a draft for suggesting a live conversation, so that you can review it.

I'm a bit perplexed as to how we are going to be able to all get together. My time zone is Pacific Time (GMT -8:00). I'm sure we can figure out something though...even if we are around 9 hours apart >_<
First, we need to gather all participants' time zones. I'll ask as part of the letter to have a live conversation.
So I will need to know His Majesty's time zone as well! ;)
See here for draft to have a conversation:
Click Here

Letter looks good...I can chat from work so anytime from 10:00 GMT to 17:00 GMT or I can do later at night from 22:00 GMT to 23:00 GMT

Top Bottom