Merlot Mafia: Last Queen of the Amazons

Uh oh. As one of the most active people in this thread I sense that the mafia will want to take me out. On the other hand --- I have proven I have a complete lack of any detective skills.
Dear mafia,

As all of my crack-pot theories have been easily dispelled within minutes of my posting them, perhaps you could spare my life? Please - consider the sheer comedy entertainment I will provide as I bumble around for the rest of the game! There must be more threatening and skilled targets to take out?

Consider me a bumbling Inspector Clouseau.

Sincerely,

Ash88

I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. :confused:

Did you say "Hamburger"? :lol:

(Totally unrelated, but personally I feel Peter Sellers was better in Dr.Strangelove. :p )

I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. :confused:

Did you say "Hamburger"? :lol:

(Totally unrelated, but personally I feel Peter Sellers was better in Dr.Strangelove. :p )

(No doubt; I completely agree. That said, with all respect to Steve Martin's career and work which is solid, he shouldn't have taken the part for the remake. There is no way someone can come out on top when compared to Sellers. He failed before he started.)

Damnation - an innocent goes to her grave. Sorry Tic0. :blush:

Well, now we wait.

The tie. I thought about it some. As Winston did not say what the outcome would've been, I speculated a bit and saw only bad alternatives.

2 dead? Very bad, as there is no compelling evidence against either of the 2 persons who had 1 vote.

No kill. Excellent result.. or is it? My high activity would've been still very suspicious, the situation would have repeated again during the next day. It doesn't really matter which way around the no lynch/Tic0 lynch days come in the calendar (assuming I can convince everyone to pass the next day - at least no-one should now be afraild I'm trying to mislead) , so no real gain compared to passing the vote, which has certain outcome.

Random tiebreaker? Well, that'd either lead to the same result (and no opportunity to RP against the voting nonsense!) or (most likely) another townie dies + the problems of no kill. Not good at all.

Therefore, as counter-intuitive as it may sound, passing was the best thing to do.

I am curious why there were 4 people voting when even napkin math (let alone the excel sheet) showed the preferable setup for townies is odd number of players alive at start of day phase. Regardless of number of mafia. Regardless of any "known" mafia members(!) as well. I would've preferred to die during night. As posted earlier, I have high suspicion towards people who decided to vote, so some excuses might mitigate that.

As posted earlier, I have high suspicion towards people who decided to vote, so some excuses might mitigate that.

I voted (and will continue to vote every turn). For the reasons you brought up earlier - inaction isn't going to improve our situation.

I voted the same as you (until you unvoted) because I sensed you were leading the way and didn't suspect you. I figure that mafia would initially be quiet as they figure out the lay of the land. Your out-of-the-gate bold approach put you on my safe list. (no doubt the mafia will switch up their strategies now).

When you changed your vote and it became evident that the person I voted for wasn't going to get the most votes I just kept my vote the same --my only other option was to pick another random person, and as I already had someone it didn't seem particularly fruitful to randomly flip flop.

Game Question: Do the mafia know who each other are? Do the have the ability to talk amongst themselves and arrive at a consensus of who to vote for?

Day 2 - An Unpleasant Discovery

The Amazons rose early the following morning, and set about performing their pre-breakfast exercises. As dedicated warriors, each and every member of the sisterhood was expected to keep herself in prime physical condition. Some of the Princesses set off on a long run around the Palace grounds, while others took to the lawn for a wrestling contest.

Only once these sporting endeavors were complete, and they moved back inside for breakfast, did the Princesses notice that someone was missing. Nine had gone to bed the previous night, but only eight now stood in the Great Hall.

It took but a moment to realise that Princess Hercules90 was the absent party, and the group quickly hurried to her room, hoping beyond hope that she had just merely overslept. What they found when they arrived, however, was a scene of pure horror: Hercules90 had been savagely disembowled, and her innards spread about the bedchamber in a haphazard fashion.

Looking more closely at the butchered Princess, it became apparent what had happened. A lump on her head indicated that she had first been knocked unconcious, whilst the burn marks around her wrists showed that the killer then chose to tie her up. Lying just to her side, there was found a ball of cloth which (it could be assumed) had been stuffed in her mouth to prevent her from screaming out when she regained consciousness. And lastly, sitting in the middle of a pile of intestines, there lay the murder weapon itself: a sharpened stone, with a viciously jagged edge.

Having seen the devastation wreaked on the body, and having examined her personal effects for signs of treachery, the group came to the conclusion that...
Spoiler :
Princess Hercules90 was Innocent

Living Players
mgsmuhammed
Caledorn
slaze
Umarth
ash88
Tegvtec
landlubber
Tboy

It is now daytime. Please cast your votes.

Night will fall in roughly 48 hours.

Hmm, so Hercules will not longer be joining us for "wrestling"... does that throw suspicion on Caledorn (who she voted for)? No, that's for too obvious, of course. Someone could be trying to implicate her. Or maybe it's a double bluff, and Caledorn is the wily assassin after all.

I'd also like to draw the hysterical glare of mob psychology to slaze - he's active in the West Tower, but hasn't said a word here yet.

I am curious why there were 4 people voting when even napkin math (let alone the excel sheet) showed the preferable setup for townies is odd number of players alive at start of day phase. Regardless of number of mafia. Regardless of any "known" mafia members(!) as well. I would've preferred to die during night. As posted earlier, I have high suspicion towards people who decided to vote, so some excuses might mitigate that.

Just because I dislike maths in games, tbh :p

I didn't really think you were mafia tbh. But I wanted to shake things up a bit and didn't think my vote would condemn you (after all, two people had already voted for different people).

Ack! It's dangerous to speak too little - and it's dangerous to speak too much it would seem.. With the exception of Ash88 though, who seems a bit too intent on telling us how green and innocent she is. Hmmm...

I can assure you though, Úmarth - I am not the murderer of neither our departed Queen, nor of Princess Hercules. I'll leave to you to decide whether or not you believe me, as there is little more I can do.

Slaze has been curiously quiet - but I think it's a bit hasty to throw around blame just because someone is being quiet..

Ack! It's dangerous to speak too little - and it's dangerous to speak too much it would seem.. With the exception of Ash88 though, who seems a bit too intent on telling us how green and innocent she is. Hmmm...

<gasp!>

I think that if you take a look at the epic length of many of my posts here on our forums you will notice that my verbosity in this thread is not out of character. :)

That said, where have I indicated my innocence? I might have mentioned it once, as you have as well - but it seems ...peculiar... that you would suggest it is a major theme in my posts.

Now shall we get on with analyzing facts rather than obfuscating truths Princess Caledorn! I have no reason to suspect you at this point, but your last post was... well... oddly misleading.

I can assure you though, Úmarth - I am not the murderer of neither our departed Queen, nor of Princess Hercules. I'll leave to you to decide whether or not you believe me, as there is little more I can do.

You were saying something about people who feel they need to proclaim their innocence? ;)

Úmarth;9199741 said:
Hmm, so Hercules will not longer be joining us for "wrestling"... does that throw suspicion on Caledorn (who she voted for)? No, that's for too obvious, of course. Someone could be trying to implicate her. Or maybe it's a double bluff, and Caledorn is the wily assassin after all.

Congratulations, you have discovered the phenomenon known as WIFOM (Wine In Front Of Me).

The Princesses do not know the answers these questions, so nor do you. :)

Well fine. If you want an answer to Wikipedia. ;) What I found is that in classic mafia/werewolf the mafia members know one another. So for the purposes of my hereto deductive brilliance I will assume we are playing that. :)

This casts suspicion on people that voted for Tic0, particularly the second voter (I will have to double check who that is). It is reasonable that the mafia would see that an innocent was being voted for and then seek to further that vote.

Either that or it was an innocent case of leaping on a band wagon.

Hummmmm...

Woah, hang on a minute! I am but an innocent! I simply disliked the idea of a deadlock and inaction, and so voted for Tic0 - who was the only one upon whom there was any discernable suspicion. Alas, that turned out to be a false alarm.

I would concur with Umarth that Slaze and Caledorn seem most shifty at present, so I would propose one of them next, unless something else is given away shortly.

Actually, upon second thoughts Slaze is quite busy elsewhere at present, so her inaction may not necessarily indicate her guilt...

To hell with it: until I see and hear more, I can only conclude that Caledorn's peculiar behaviour and Hercules90's tragic death make Caledorn a more than likely assassin of our beloved Queen. I must therefore declare my intention:

vote: Caledorn

<gasp!>

I think that if you take a look at the epic length of many of my posts here on our forums you will notice that my verbosity in this thread is not out of character. :)

I'll give you that point. ;)

That said, where have I indicated my innocence? I might have mentioned it once, as you have as well - but it seems ...peculiar... that you would suggest it is a major theme in my posts.

I have actually mentioned my innocence twice now - because I have been accused directly or indirectly several times now. *sigh* And at this point I'm not sure if there is anything I can either say or do, except just accept the quite possibly inevitable fact that I might get lynched.

You have, on the other hand, given a very thorough impression that you are very unfamiliar with Mafia-type games, and more than once proclaimed that you are a "Townie" - which, if you are devious enough, could be a very good diversion tactic, as I am sure you will agree to yourself if you try to look at it from an "objective" perspective. ;) I am not accusing you though!

Now shall we get on with analyzing facts rather than obfuscating truths Princess Caledorn! I have no reason to suspect you at this point, but your last post was... well... oddly misleading.

If you look at what I have written above, then hopefully you'll agree that I am not trying to mislead - but that I was just pointing out something I considered worth contemplating. I am not claiming you are guilty - nor are I claiming anyone else is at this point - since we don't have enough information, and definitely nothing that even resembles evidence.

You were saying something about people who feel they need to proclaim their innocence? ;)

What else can I do? I feel like .. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just like I'm sure you can sympathize with after my comment in my earlier post, which led to this reply from you. :)

You have, on the other hand, given a very thorough impression that you are very unfamiliar with Mafia-type games,

How would this in any way implicate me? Were the mafia picked based on their experience with the game? And how would you know what method was used to pick the mafia anyways?

and more than once proclaimed that you are a "Townie"

I only remember passingly referring to Townies twice... but... uh... are you suggesting that I shouldn't refer to myself as a townie? ... ? ... I would suggest that everyone refer to themselves as a Townie. As such I can't see how it casts any suspicion on anyone if they refer to them self as a Townie... it would be idiotic to refer to yourself as anything else even if you were mafia.

I would think that people that cast shadows of doubt by making ridiculous claims like, "If you call yourself a Townie then you are suspicious omg!" -- those people seem to be behaving oddly.. you know, randomly and flippantly raising suspicions. :p

Top Bottom