Requested Mods

Real Epic! Seriously, aside from FFH that was my favorite mod for 4, by far. Civ 5 retains the ancient problem of the eras sweeping by too quickly. Real Epic was a fantastic mod. And especially with the new combat and such, I'd really like the time to sit and experiment with large-scale wars. It shouldn't be too complex a mod. Just drastically increase the number of Beakers needed for techs and Culture Points needed for policies, then up the turn limit, so we can enjoy war in the other eras more.

Also, a way to cap the tech tree. I always wondered, why can we choose to start further up on the tech tree, but not end earlier? It'd be cool to have a game that becomes stuck in, say, the Mideval era.

I request Total Conversions if modding is really that easy :p. Also id like to have more moseouver infos on tiles, like Defense ratings (those might need some tweaking too). New and more interesting Civic choices would be nice. The current are good but there is much room for improvement (and anachronistic (sur)realism).

Btw, i like the One Unit per Tile. *gathers the Pretzels and puts the Armchair-Commanders-Cap on*

P.S.: Quick Combat option should be in Game options not on map creation advanced menu.

Until we get our hands on DLL modding, major mods (ie, new mechanics mods) are out of the question. Or maybe with some Lua magic ;)

soryy for the silly question:
someone imagine when will be released a mod like Rise of mankind for civ V?
thanks

soryy for the silly question:
someone imagine when will be released a mod like Rise of mankind for civ V?
thanks
When it's ready. ;) Don't expect it to be released any time soon, as we're just taking our first steps with Civ 5 modding (lot's of new stuff to learn). Discussion for the mod is here.

Can anything be done with resources?
I have finished five games so far, and I have two more in saves, and I am yet to find a single Aluminium deposit inside my often significant borders. I once found one that was on the other side of the world, but I won before I managed to take it. There's got to be something wrong with that particular resource. I often end up with dozens of horses, a ton or iron, two or more oil rigs, but I can't find the thing I need for attack copters and tanks.

Dont know if anyone requested these yet but heres a few list I think need to be modded:

A)Make invisible units really invisible (Nuclear subs for example cant enter other Civ's territory and incur trespassing penalty in city-states tiles)

B)Bring back the ability to bomb territory improvements with artillery and bomber planes.

C)Bring back Spies. or atleast some land based invisible unit (added with the first mod request) to allow for recon.

D)Improved A.I. I find it baffling that they call me warmonger and bloodthirsty just for defending myself. and also their stupidity at combat.

EDIT:

Another small mod request. is it possible to bring back Leonard Nimoy's voice over to replace the new guys? (And rewrite the tech quotes appropriately)

Can someone please bring back the old resource icons? In Civ4 collecting all those blue hammers in your city felt GOOD. These strange orange circles just don't compare.

RFRE.

Best mod/scenario ever for civ, especially the civ 3 one. Not that my Pentium 4 and 7600GS can play anything above the standard size map of civ 5 but that will eventually change.

Sorry guys, I am fully aware about the many great mods out there and I have not played an un-mod version of Civ in years but RFRE is the best one for me. Unfortunately, despite the efforts Primordial Stew put into it, such a mod is no one-man-job so the civ 4 version never reached the heights of civ 3 one. So I have strong fears I wont be seeing it in civ 5, especially as this game it is too simple at the first glance for something like that.

I like to see strategic resources be not a 1 per unit limit, but 1 per unit building/upgrading in a turn with the exception of oil. Building a swordsman? -1 iron per turn. swordsman done, no iron.

That, or combo where there can be an upfront cost and a maintenance cost. Would be good for oil for plastics, etc upfront and maintenance afterward. Oil with the rapid tech gains feels rather pointless. Aluminum is more important to have in vanilla civ which is completely bonkers.

Even better, would be conditional costs. Moving a tank alot? Extra oil. Healing your swordsman? Extra iron. Bomber on sleep? No oil maintenance.

Above ideas are tough (to implement), but easier would be ability to convert food for horses. Make stables buildable when you have horses, but consume 2 food and give 1 horse resource (or 4 food for 2 horses). So, even if you lose the horse tile/trade you still can have horses in your country after being exposed to them. Then, would make horses as a tile resource relatively rare and expect people to grow their own after coming into contact with them.

I would love to see a mod that removes settlers from the game. Kind of like single city challenge, but for all players, not just human. This would definitely increase the value of city-states in a game.

Hi,

As mentionned above already, terraforming was really fun. In addition to pollution management, it was bringing many needs for workers: changing mountains intohills, valleys, ocean, or ocean into land.. But also replanting forest (ecology...) to add some culture or happiness to population in industrial ages..
Today, once workers have improved every tile, they're useless.. it should not be so.. And the impossibility to cross mountains as per current game is stupid..

One thing I miss is the Genetic Era mod, with the possibility of improving land improvements. BUt also creating sea cities (or undersea cities) linked with underwater tunnels : that was creating a lot of new challenges in modern eras, since the map layout was not anymore a barrier..
Hopefully someone will be able to do something (I could help for some tasks, but my skills remain limited..)

ricorico94

among other things... i'd like more different ressources - mainly luxury i suppose. Kinda like in sevomod. guess you may say i want it more colourful...

I request this very mod for thousands of people all around the world.

For most of us, the game is way too slow (at least for those who are used to Civilization IV's production and game speed).

What we need is a mod that reduces the city radius by one circle (so leaving two there) and that reduces production/gold costs of units/buildings and science costs of technologies. That way the game will be a lot faster and more fun to play, at least for me. City-states and all other factors, of course, should get converted to this ideology.

The goal is to make Civ V as intensive as Civ IV, but still keeping Civ V's new features, such as combat system, city-states and the rest.

I hope someone gets interested so I don't have to make one myself as a noob modder.

Thank you for reading.

Forest and jungle spread, preferrably scaled to how many years pass per turn. Meaning relative fast spread in the beginning, practically nonexistan (natural) spread in the late game.

Top Bottom