Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Welcome to Civfanatics! I can assure you that Anno Domini actually does work without the issues you've mentioned; when you add other mods it might not, as you've discovered.

Okay, you were totally right!
(Of course :blush:) - my bad! >< :suicide: SORRY!​

:eek2:

I was just being dumb. u___u :hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:

[And thanks for the welcome! ^^"]​

BUT I discovered some interesting things trying to figure this out? Heh.. :twitch:

So I figured out a lot about which mods conflict and which don't (seem to? :undecide:)

This probably isn't going to help anyone but me because I'm a technologically-challenged nub :)cringe:) but in case it does, I'll list what (I*think*) I've figured out?:

~~~~~~~​

So, any mod that I know causes some kind of bug with AD seems to screw up the game Setup screen. I haven't (yet) been able to isolate the game-breaking bugs to which mod is causing it, but they cause silly spazzes in the game that aren't crucial. *I* can't see why it makes any sense, but they all (all meaning, what I've tested) do THIS:

Leader selection is basically not workable.
There are either blank icons or that weird default George-Washington-Lookin' Icon for everything. And there's also no scrolling function, so... That's great. :)lmao:)
**FIX??** - I have the "Really Advanced Setup" mod [http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=486324] and with it enabled (doesn't seem to break anything that isn't already broken?) you can go to Advanced Setup and choose your Civilization under Players, you just won't see any icons in the menu or in gameplay... :crazyeyes:

In-game, no icons show up for.. anything. :twitch:
Units that have custom icons turn into settler flag icons. :rolleyes: The colors are correct, though? Your leader icon just shows up as a solid white circle with the bottom and right edges cut off.

And random other stuff I can't remember... My bad. Again.​

Sterff that seems to funk up the universe (and the effect):

~ Anything that affects resources (directly, at least - like mods that add them)
- Causes the setup screen to derp it out like always. Seems to be functional in-game if you can get around the Menu conundrum.

- Mods that add or change leaders or Civs
- You'll only see the added civ in the selection list. Pretty annoying.

~ The Civilization NIGHTS mod (and probably other major gameplay-tweakers)
- Didn't even try a game isolated with it, but running it with other incompatible mods had the general issue above^, and when isolated it screwed up the setup screen, too, if I remember correctly. Though I'm not sure if it actually messed gameplay up..

~ Things that you obviously conflict with AD?

---

But I got my game working SEEMINGLY perfectly now with just a couple mods on, been able to do everything normally so far. :D :woohoo::clap:

- Ingame Editor (because III NEEEEEEED EEEEEEET)
- Faster Border Expansion (Probably the simplest commonly used mod ever, literally just changes like a couple lines of game script so borders expand 25%(?) faster)
- Extended Resource Display (Just adds a button on the top left that brings a drop-down menu to give you extra info about your cities, resources, research, etc.)
- Really Advanced Setup (Obviously. [Just makes the Advanced Setup Menu WAY more in-depth, useful if you're me and donk up the stuff and need to pick a Civ])
- Food Economy -Tradable Bonus Resources (Makes stuff like Cattle from the base game tradeable)

~ So I basically know that those last ones work, but besides that I'm still tinkering with stuff and destroying things in the process. :nuke: :crazyeye:

ANYWAY thank you for being lovely and amazing and making this mod because it kicks ass and for dealing with my idiocy. :salute:

:thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx:

Okay I'm done spazzing and wasting forum space and everyone's time. XD
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown:

Version four is now available (updates in post two). I've concentrated on adding a few new items (to add flavour and also improve the early cashflow situation) and improving the traits. Then there's new civs Palmyra and Corinth...hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for all the comments so far; keep them coming. I need to update the World Council resolutions, some of the ideologies and update the GW/GA system to fit into the ancient world. Can't wait for Leugi's Philistines, who will be put straight into the mod.

Spoiler :

My biggest issue with the mod:

Spoiler :

:mischief:

Anyway, will you add the Sassanid Empire sometime? :D

edit: btw, iberian map doesn't load

Just to note, Alexander's ua of great generals founding cities will not be used by the AI except if a modded dll is used (whoward's dll plus a component).
Ok - I didn't realise that. I'll live with it for now.

Anyway, will you add the Sassanid Empire sometime? :D

edit: btw, iberian map doesn't load

If that's a request, then yes - I see Davey Henniger has brought out a version (though he uses one "s" in the middle instead of a double "s" - are both correct?). Thanks for the heads up on the Iberian map - it seems to have somehow been deleted along the way; not quite sure how - maybe I'd had to delete another map around it and clicked on it by accident. Anyway, I've put it back in now.

I'm not overly thrilled with the Mitanni UA at the moment and have been wanting to put in a new trait, though I'm a complete newbie with respect to lua. My ongoing quest to make it so that they get +2 culture per city when at war and +1 production in the capital per city when at peace is here.

The updated tech tree is below. Just noticed that the spice trader and economics tech have the same icon - I'll need to amend that!

Spoiler :

(though he uses one "s" in the middle instead of a double "s" - are both correct?

Yeah, there are tons of ways of calling it: "The Sasanian Empire (Also known as Sassanian, Sasanid, Sassanid or Neo-Persian Empire), known to its inhabitants as &#274;r&#257;nshahr and &#274;r&#257;n in Middle Persian,"

I'm not overly thrilled with the Mitanni UA at the moment and have been wanting to put in a new trait, though I'm a complete newbie with respect to lua. My ongoing quest to make it so that they get +2 culture per city when at war and +1 production in the capital per city when at peace is here.

The updated tech tree is below. Just noticed that the spice trader and economics tech have the same icon - I'll need to amend that!
I can do a icon! ... And help with that lua later, but atm I'm playing the mod :D

btw, one thing I noticed is that even though you added new ways of getting money and etc on Anno Incepti, you still are somewhat screwed if you spawn on plains and forests, away from ocean and rivers (Although by spawning in forests you can found a religion pretty quickly, so not really bad). I'm not saying that you should add even more buildings that generate gold (Even because once you get past those initial eras its all fine), but it wouldn't be that bad if there were more things to build with no maintenance cost. I had 0 gpt, but was stuck with either making units or buildings that cost maintenance, so I could only wait.

The problem of waiting while losing gold and not being able to do anything about it (Until you get a later tech) is that there's always a chance you'll not have enough accumulated gold to cover that, and end up with science penalties that will make it take even longer for you to get that tech with gold buildings.

Obligatory funny pic:
Spoiler :

Trumatized pyrrhus spams cities on italy, even though his capital is all the way north.

Not only that, he had like 15 military units. Just imagine his GPT :crazyeye:

Oh and I hope my feedback is helping, I really liked the mod :)

Like the pic and yes, your help is really appreciated. I tried cancelling the cost for shrines and it made things go too far the other way, if you catch my drift.

One quick addition I made this morning was to make it so that all the new strategic resources show in the top panel. I thought that was going to be complicated, but it wasn't. In the patch in the op, there's a copy of the Resources.xml file you can use to overwrite the one in the mod, it'll make it a lot better. The zip includes the Iberian map too ;).

Version 5 of the WIP has now been uploaded and is available in post one, with the actual updates posted in post two of this thread. I'm getting there :cooool:. It didn't take long to update the resolutions as only a couple of the resolutions were out of synch, i.e. the ones regarding the space station and nuclear weapons.

The resource system truly has been revamped. Clay is a new strategic resource, only available from clay pits, which can be built if the city is on a river. They are damaging for your overall global health, but give you the means to build granaries, pottery shops, amphora traders and the dam of Ma'rib. The strategic resources all show up in the top panel as you gain the relevant techs and there's more of a need for limestone and prime timber in particular, with marble being needed still for certain wonders and for forums. There's more raw materials about, but you need to decide how to use them.

There's some new buildings as well, such as the crannog, which increase food and boosts the city's hit points, the thermopolium, which gives you a gold bonus for certain resources at an early point in the game, the Shire Moot, which gives a culture and science boost and the longbowman's quarters, which gives the barrage promotion to all longbowmen built in the city and a bonus to the city defence.

New civs the Sami, Sassanids and Suebi all add to the flavour of the game; I've also updated some of the icons.

Please download and try - feedback needed! Next, I'm tackling the ideologies and then looking at the great writers/artists/musicians to Anno-Dominise them (if Anno-Dominise is a word!). I've also had an idea of how to bring in the science victory, but more on that later ;).

Hello Rob (R8XFT),

I am playing your mod and I'm amazed by its wide range of opportunities. thumbs up ;)

One question! I am not skilled at creating mods but I am actually creating a map and I want to use some of your civilizations (Only for my personal use) . Is there a possibility that I can seperate your civilizations from the rest? Or that you would be so kind and send this to me? I would be very thankful!

Thanks thepersian666 and welcome to Civfanatics. Are you wanting to use some of my civilizations in a standard game on your map? That's okay, but I don't understand what I'd be sending you as everything I have is in the download in any case?

In other news, I've come across a schoolboy error :blush:; the fish market has two global instances instead of two instances per civilization. To correct this, you'd need to go into the buildingsclass.xml file and replace

<Row>
<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_FISH_MARKET</Type>
<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_FISH_MARKET</DefaultBuilding>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FISH_MARKET</Description>
<MaxGlobalInstances>2</MaxGlobalInstances>
</Row>

with

<Row>
<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_FISH_MARKET</Type>
<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_FISH_MARKET</DefaultBuilding>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_FISH_MARKET</Description>
<MaxPlayerInstances>2</MaxPlayerInstances>
</Row>

Something seems to be wrong with Bodvoc's DoM picture. I ported over the Dobunni for personal use to go with Hiram's Celtic pack and to make use of the original Celtic icon, but when I load it, I get an "unable to load texture" message, despite the image being set to true. The civlopedia is also experiencing problems with the Dobunni enabled with over half of it inaccsessable. Did I miss a step? (tried to upload attachment and failed, try this instead https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cfnpg32swwlig5/Dobunni%20%28v%201%29.zip?dl=0

Bodvoc's DOM picture wasn't in the download, so I guess that's the answer for that part. Bodvoc.dds is the main diplomacy image, you also need BodvocDOM.dds as well (which is in the DOM folder under art).

I've checked your mod in isolation and apart from the issue mentioned above, everything else works with it, including the civilopedia. You may want to add the Dobunni colours, found under XML/GameInfo/Colours; the icon being number 62 on the AnnoCivilizationsAtlas and AnnoCivilizationsAlphaAtlas.

:blush: I did miss that. Well that's working now but the civlopedia is still messed up. I'll try to post a screenshot of the problem.

Edit: NM, different mod...

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 206
thank you for the answer...my problem is that I have no idea how I can integrate your civilizations in the worldbuilder. I want to make a scenario.

thank you for the answer...my problem is that I have no idea how I can integrate your civilizations in the worldbuilder. I want to make a scenario.

Your best plan is to start your own thread in this section of the forum stating what you'd like to do and most likely, you'll get help. By posting in here, people not interested in the mod will miss your query.

Hey Rob! i finally made my way over here from Civ3 and its been a pleasure playing AD for CiV. I can see how much work you've put into this, though I'll always love the Civ3 version...

Anyway, I started a game as the Romans and I have to say it was one of the weirdest I've played. Globally there were ZERO luxuries and one source of stone. no horses, copper, marble, or even iron. needless to say, this was a tough game. oh also, there were 0 city states haha. now i know something went wrong, but i decided to play it out anyway and it was great! i could barely build any wonders between not having the resources and the Medes building everything, so i relied on conquest, which was especially tough without the resources to build legions or any good troops. i ended up with about 4 mercenaries (cool idea putting the spear throw with them. do the legions have it too? they should!) and a bunch of ballistae/composite bowmen. and i did pretty well for myself! it was a TOUGH slog through the medes land to their capital, but using 4 GG's to create citadels, i besieged Agbatana and finally took it! once that was done, i took over a bunch of other cities and found myself ready for a domination victory... except that the lack of luxuries meant that my happiness was atrocious. all i could do was hold my defensive positions and make slight advances. i made it to the olympics wonder, which i HAPPILY built, but then everyone in the world declared war on me and i decided it was enough. so anyway it was weird but fun! i'm gonna try another time and see if i get anything on the map. if not, ill try one of the world maps that i see on steam... hope something works

anyway, great job! and thanks

ok, i booted up another 2 games... no luxuries again. not sure whats wrong?? and i tried one of the maps from steam and it didnt work either (CTD). not sure what the problems is

Top Bottom