Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Nice to see you over here! Looking forward to more feedback from you. Funnily enough, I've played a couple of games without luxuries, but hadn't played them very far, so I wonder if I've "tipped the balance" when editing luxuries for version 5 and caused an issue. I'll look into it; thanks for letting me know.

In other news, here's a preview of Penelope of Ithaca:

as usual, beautiful artwork!

is it common to not have any luxuries/strategic resources/city states in a game? i mean its fun and certainly presents its own set of challenges, but id be curious to try out everything in the mod

Was very happy to see this mod, the ancient world seems to be under represented in civ5.

Experiencing the same issues with lack of resources / city states. By lack, I mean bar 1 lump of stone there's nothing!

Looking forward to seeing how this develops. Any plans to use a GEM and real world locations?

I've found a couple of issues with resources and resolved them with a little patch placed in the op. Tested it and hurrah - resources are back!

I've no plans at the moment to use real start locations, but may build this in towards the end of development. Some areas would be choc-a-block though ;).

hmm. i put the 2 new xml files in the right places (buildings and resources i believe) and replaced the old files (which are gone now) and now from the setup screen, when i press start game i get a CTD. its happened 3 times with different civs and settings. no clue whats happening.

How odd! I'm presuming you've no other mods running? Is anyone else having the same experience?

I wonder if you need to have an updated Anno Domini (BNW) (v5).txt? I've attached it to this post, see if it works, and also updated the patch with it.

EDIT: Patch removed.

Well, I've been a thread stalker for awhile :D This thread however, well this "mod" finally made me decide to register on this forum :) I just want to say I've been playing since version 3 and have beeen loving it since. I'm a first time civ player, well technically I played civ revolutions around 2008 for a year, but never got into it until a steam sale around summer 2014. :D (I'm 17) I have around 200 hours on civ 5 and about 50 have been this mod so far, want to thank the developer for all his contributions to this forum!!! (Go Rob!) Anyway in terms of the recent version I've played about 5 hours and I've noticed no city states and a lack of resources. (I have no other mods running) To verify I tried the first patch and it led to a CTD..... I'll currently try the new hotfix and report back. Thanks.

I did the update patch and I also CTD. :(

I can't understand why. I'm not getting any CTD, so I can't understand it. I've changed the patch in the first post so that it has all the XML files (plus a couple of new art files). Could one of you please try it and report back? Initially, I just uploaded the XML files, but I've just changed that to add the art files because I realised that it would cause a crash if you built the new Odyssey wonder!

Nice one Rob.

I'm getting a lot of texture load errors. Struggling with the screenshots but see if you can read the atached png file.

Occur when launching a game and choosing a new leader. Since the hotfix also getting them when the AI is processing turns.

Attachments

• screens.png
    screens.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 243
Thanks everyone for letting me know about the status of the CTDs. It appears the newest patch works. @BeardedWonder - the mod requires you have all the DLC (other than the maps) and your missing textures is because you don't have them; sorry you're experiencing issues.

EDIT: Link removed; more up-to-date version available in the first post.

Thanks for the update. Stability wise it's god; no CTDs. In terms oF balance, wow it's hard to make a buck on this! Likewise with great people, they seem hard to come by. This may be WAD though?

Nice mod, layed about 7 hours yesterday!

Would love either a geographic start bias or a real world map, even if that excluded some civs due to room restrictions. Playing tree hugging celtric tribes isn't the same with a desert start!

Thanks for the compliments!

This may be WAD though?
Not sure what you mean by this? I must confess to not being up-to-date with all the abbreviations!

Today, as well as adding a couple of extra buildings, I've standardised all the unit, building and wonder costs, so that the cost matches the point at which the tech leading to each of them appear. This was the case way back when the mod started, but things have been moved around and the cost hasn't always been adjusted. This led to a number of unit strengths being tweaked, though not usually by much.

Thanks for the compliments!

Not sure what you mean by this? I must confess to not being up-to-date with all the abbreviations!

I'm pretty sure it's Working As Designed.

I seem to be getting a shortage of luxuries which makes it very hard to keep my people happy. Have you made them more scarce or am I just being unlucky?

With that said I do love a challenge and your mod so far deliveries on that. :)

The luxuries are meant to trickle in over time to make it more of a challenge - and yes, if it means "working as designed" then that's right. I deliberately made it so there'd be a different challenge to regular players of civ 5, though have, along the development route, added buildings to make it a bit easier. Cash and happiness can be hard to come by though; I did this to keep empires small at first (particularly the happiness part). Early civs were based around a capital and maybe a couple of other nearby cities and that's what I wanted to get over in the mod. By the time you reach the third era, it's becoming easier to spread out.

Going back to the resources, there was an issue with version 5, sorted out by the patch - so you'll either need the patch or better still, the fledgling version 6. Full version 6 should be available tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom