State of the Subforum

Pouakai

It belongs in a museum.
As I'm sure many of you have noticed, this forum has recently gone downhill. Certain users continue to spam low effort comments across multiple topics, leading others to openly mock and insult them, derailing the topics in question extremely far from their original purpose. While I won't be naming members in this post, I'm sure many will come to mind when you read this. Myself, Rob and the other mods have repeatedly asked you to return on topic, yet this is always only a temporary fix and the topics soon return to the off topic spam centres.

This needs to stop.

We've recently begun deleting off topic conversations, and warning people who either ignore mod requests to return on topic or post particularly spammy comments. I'd like to add a link to the rules here, which contains sections on what will happen if you continue to ignore these warnings and post off-topic and spammy comments. While this method isn't ideal, nothing else thus far has worked to try and curb the nature of off-topic comments in the forum.

Now, normally Public Discussion of Moderator Actions (PDMA) is against the rules, but given this is for the most part on that topic I'm willing to allow it in this topic provided it's relevant to the matter at hand. Given that whatever course of action we take will effect you all the most, we'd like your opinion on the matter and to hear if you have any suggestions on how we can best combat it.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, this forum has recently gone downhill.

I find this pretty subjective. This subforum has been like this for such a long time that it's hard to imagine a time in which it was different.

I think he meant in terms of following the rules.
Also, explaining people exactly what they have done wrong may prevent others from reapiting the same mistake. If you don't mind me saying.

Top Bottom