Trying to pinpoint the cause of a crash, missing entries for barbarian units.

Galgus

Emperor
My game is crashing consistently at a certain turn and the xml logs seem to point to missing entries for Barbarians, but I'm not sure what it means exactly.

Since I use many mods, pinpointing what is conflicting or not working can be tricky.

What kinds of mod problem or error should I be looking for with this in the xml logs?

Code:
[1000312.046] **** Validating Game Database *****
[1000314.984] Performing Localization Checks
[1000314.984] Checking Tag Format...
[1000314.984] Note: Tags must only use [A-Z_] characters, start with 'TXT_KEY_', and be under 128 characters long.
[1000314.984] In table Language_en_US...
[1000314.984] Tag (TXR_KEY_WONDER_METEORA_QUOTE) does not start with 'TXT_KEY_'
[1000315.000] Validating UnitGameplay2DScripts
[1000315.000] Missing Entry for UNIT_BARBARIAN_GALLEY
[1000315.000] Missing Entry for UNIT_BARBARIAN_GENERAL
[1000315.000] Missing Entry for UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSEMAN
[1000315.000] Missing Entry for UNIT_GENERALBOOST
[1000315.000] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[1000315.000] Validation Took 2.952741 seconds
[1000315.843] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
[1000315.843] ERROR: gc.getNumDiploModifierInfos <= 0
[1000315.843] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[1000315.843] SetGlobalActionInfo
[1000315.843] 
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --

I didn't have a crash before updating Barbarians Evolved, and I'm also using Leugi's Barbarian Immersion Enhancements.

Would it be that, or some texture mod?

You need to look in Database.log

The errors starting with [1000315.000] will not cause game-crash. They are informational only and are reporting that there is no assigned special sounds attached to the units for 'Unit Birth' and 'Unit Selection'. When such is the case, the game defaults to the Barbarian Warrior sounds, as I recall. Everyone gets the one for the Barbarian Horseman. The Barbarian General and the Barbarian Galley are likely coming from Leugi's mod, as well as the General Boost one, but this last could be coming from some other mod.

The error
Code:
[1000314.984] Tag (TXR_KEY_WONDER_METEORA_QUOTE) does not start with 'TXT_KEY_'
would obviously be coming from that wonder mod, and is reporting that the author typoed the text referance at some point in the code of that wonder. 'TXR' at the beginning instead of 'TXT'

Thanks, I'll use the database.log.

Are there other error numbers that I should disregard, or any that are likely to cause crashes in that log?

It is not the error numbers so much as it is the message. Where the numbers are all in a 'same-group' this is generally because they are multiple print-lines related to the same error, or are being reported to the logs at the same time. In DataBase.log it is nearly always the case that errors with the same leading error number are "the same error", just more info about that same error.

In order to find which errors in the Database.log are of significance to a particular mod or group of mods, you must 1st run through and start a game without the mod(s) running so you know which ones are 'normal' and which ones actually apply to the mod(s) you are interested in. Firaxis did not clean everything completely in their code, and everyone gets a certain set of errors reported both in Database.log and in xml.log regardless of whether or not mods are even being used.

The same applies to the xml.log and the Barbarian Horseman error.

Are there other error numbers ...

Those are not error numbers, but time stamps (seconds since midnight dot milliseconds, IIRC), so will vary depending on what time of day you are playing.

The issue was a DLL mod accidentally left installed, thanks for the troubleshooting advice though.

Top Bottom