New SG!!! Regent? Emperor?

I haven't seen him on in a few days, but I would have no problem giving him 24 from now, if it's amenable to you guys.

I'm good with 2pm EST on April 13th as well unless M60 has any objections, in which case he's welcome to grab it since he's up after pindicator.

Reg

Does it seem odd that it says "guest" on all posts up to 4/7/04? Or that his 4/9/04 post says 10 posts? Is it possible his acct got screwed up with the upgrade?

Not sure what it would matter, he could always re-register, just bored and doing some sleuthing ....

whoops,
sorry guys - will play tonight
didn't think i was up again so soon! :sleep:

Yeah, my account got screwed up, had to re-register and then didn't think to re-subscribe to all the forum threads... I've got that taken care of now, though, and everything (hopefully) should be good now.

1040AD, Inherited Turn
Since CI is about as happy as a city can get, I switch production to Smith's.
Yaxchilán no longer needs a starvation diet to get Copernicus in 8.
Change some extra entertainers back to working in the fields.
Tula changed from Temple to Library.
Lagartero changed from Musket to Temple.
Okafor changed from Temple to Library, rushed for ~260g.
Draw Weight changed from Temple to Library, rushed for ~240g.
Trade WM to Greece for WM + 52g
Trade TM to Korea for WM + 5g
That's good enough, let's roll:

IBT -
Renegotiation comes up with Korea. Our Silks come spendy, setting us back Dyes + Incense + 251g. I hope our people like them.
Cavalry Army bombards a passing Germany Longbow, but then that Longbow flawlessly kills a musket.
Heroic Epic and Military Academy messages pop up. Time to make those.
Two resistors quelled in Berlin; time to start starving.
Okafor: Library -> Aqueduct.
Draw Weight: Library -> Aqueduct.
Iroquois are building Copernicus.

1050AD, Turn 1
Renegotiate Peace with Korea since I doubt we'll be attacking them any time soon. Get 100g back from our trade last turn.
Load two more Cavalry into the Army at Cuello.
Some small skirmishes in the open country west of Berlin.
Cavalry takes Stuttgart; forget to burn Stuttgart, will starve.
Set Berlin for starvation; will tax them to death in the meantime.
Las Vegas changed to Military Academy, due in 9.
Cuello changed to Heroic Epic, due in 14.
Settings to 4.6.0, Physics still in 3, 96gpt income now.

IBT -
German Knight kills the redlined MI.
Copán: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
Americans and Greeks are buildling Smith's.
Resistance in Stuttgart is ended; 1 more resister gone from Berlin.

1060AD, Turn 2
Trebs go 2/6 on Knight.
Troops advance on Germany. Aside from the two cavalry armies we don't have much more for offense.

IBT -
Two more German Knights advance.
Tikal: Cavalry -> Cavalry. Knight's Templar produces a Crusader.
Bonampak: Settler -> Musket.
Lagartero: Temple -> Musket.
Dzibilchaltun: Library -> Courthouse.

1070AD, Turn 3
Upgrade all Trebs to Cats in Berlin.
Found Palenque W-W-NW of Berlin on coast, SE of Iron. Production set on Harbor.
Found Down with the Sickness (just saw Dawn of the Dead recently; great soundtrack in that btw) in that valley north of Calakmul. Production set to Temple.
Both of these new towns, feel free to change build orders. They just take too long to make anything right now.
12/12 Army takes out Knight, -2HP.
13/13 Army takes out Knight, -2HP. Then it decides to take out Leipzig as well, killing both defenders and razing the city. -5HP, but promotes as well. 8 workers captured.
Trade America Dyes for WM, 9gpt, and 11g

IBT -
German Knight loses to our Musket, -1HP.
Learn Physics. ToG due in 4 turns; sliders at 2.8.0; 4gpt income.
Resistance in Berlin is ended.
Lazapa: Musket -> Cathedral. Hopefully this will put Lazapa in WLOTK day.
Aztecs are buildilng Magellan's.

1080AD, Turn 4
Healing armies, preparing to clean up Germany. Upgrading units at the stack stationed near the Iroquois as well.

IBT -
German Knight kills an MI near Berlin.
Vilcabamba: Cannon -> Musket.
Quiriguá: Cannon -> Musket.
Andahuaylas: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
Aztecs building Copernicus
Greeks building Magellan

1090AD, Turn 5
Cavalry kills Knight, promotes to Elite
Advance towards Hannover in the north and Konigsburg in the south.

IBT -
Hurry Hard: Cannon -> Courthouse. Corruption sucks right now.

1100AD, Turn 6
Second army advaces on Hannover.
12/12 Army burns Hannover, -2 HP and promotes. 4 Workers captured.
Now that horses are no longer a part of the German army, we shouldn't see any more knights.
Infantry forces advance on Konigsburg.

IBT -
German Longbow kills MI, redlines, then promotes.
Aké: Temple -> Aqueduct
Greeks building Copernicus.

1110AD, Turn 7
14/14 Army attacks Cologne, kills Musket, -1HP

IBT -
ToG discovered. Democracy in 4, with a 4gpt deficit. Plan is to go for Free Artistry so CI can get Shakespeares and start growing again.
Tikal produces Crusader.
Copernicus built in Yaxchilán. Begins production on Courthouse.
Uxmal: Temple -> Market.
Calakmul: Bank -> Cathedral.
Americans are building Smith's and Magellan's.
Inca buildling Smith's.

1120AD, Turn 8
Cannon go 2/3 against Konigsberg. Elite archer takes and burns it down. 2 workers enslaved.
Army razes Cologne; two workers taken.

IBT -
German Knight attacks Cavalry, loses without doing a scratch.
Bonampak: Musket -> Cavalry.
Copán: Cavalry -> Cavalry.

1130AD, Turn 9
Bonn razed by Army. -5HP, 3 workers gained.
Juli razed by other Army. -2HP, 1 worker enslaved.
Lose one cavalry to Hamburg; the other retreats and redlines.

IBT -
Greek settler pair heading towards German lands. Currnetly by Calakmul. Aztec also have a settler pair, but has not yet left their borders.
Tikal: Cavalry -> Cavalry
Vegas: Military Academy -> Newton's University.

1140AD, Turn 10
Army attacks Frankfurt. Suffers heavy losses to a Spearman and is down to 4/14 HP.
Other Army to Stuttgart for healing.
Cavalry defeats last spear, burning Frankfurt. 6 workers added to our collection.

Okay, currently at 934g at -14gpt. Democracy in 2.
it is possible to trade Greece Metallurgy for Democracy; I recommend that we don't do this but will leave it for the next player.
For peace, we can get the town of Bremen from the Germans, but I say we should just burn them all down. The armies are pretty much unstoppable. Settlers will be needed to fill in the gaps; i didn't do a good job of that.
Also, we keep putting off the FP. Next person should find a location and build that immediately. Maybe now that our Incan Peace Treaty is up, we can finish them off and put it up there.

Chichén Itza is at 4300 culture with 51cpt. Keep piling on the wonders, but we may just end up with a domination or conquest victory in the end.

The save.

Pre-turn: Las Vegas changes build from Newton’s to Army in 20. CI build changed from Smith’s to Newton’s. Sir Isaac gives CI 6cpt vs 3cpt for Smith’s. With the brilliant campaign almost at an end against Otto’s Huns, a vast swath of unoccupied terrain beckons our populace. 20 acres and a mule my friends, head East, young man!. Take Out market->settler, Vilcabamba musket -> settler.

IBT Aztecs building Smith’s. Otto tries D-Day in reverse, landing at Omaha Beach with a reg MI. About to star in new movie “The Shortest Day”

Turn 1: Take Out settler -> market, Vilcabamba settler -> musket. Lagatero musket -> cavalry. Attrition courthouse -> musket. Science to 40, democracy in 1 @ +197gpt. Cannon hits the beach, 1 hp. Elite MI finishes the job w/o damage. Maybe even time for a little volleyball. Cavalry armies re-designated as J.E.B. Stuart and Phil Sheridan. Both healing in Stuttgart. Send in 2 cavalry to Greek territory to try and get a crack at Bremen. Hamburg SOD now next to it’s objective.

IBT Alex wants us out. Just passing through, be out in a minute. Mayapan temple-> settler, Andahuyalas cav-> cav, Atzcapotzalco musket -> cav.

Turn 2: Democracy in, Free-artistry in 4. 90gpt, staying Republic. At this point don’t see a need to change govt’s. At Bremen, Vet cav vs reg spear, we redline, only 1 hp on spear. When the war’s over, you all are going back to the firing range. Cav 2 loses hp, kills spear, reveals another. At Hamburg, 4 cannons each collect an HP. 2 reg spears redlined. Vet crusader takes a hit from a longbow, kills spear. Cannon 5 gets 1 hp on longbow. Vet MI kills spear, elite MI kills 2hp longbow, no damage. Hamburg falls, send in the troops for garrison duty and a little sightseeing. Stuart kills reg pike in Heidelburg, Vilcas needs entertainer.

IBT AI settlers heading towards the open spaces.

Turn 3: Vilcas temple-> market. Stuart kills 2 reg spears, Heidelburg falls. Back in Bremen, our 3 hp cav kills reg spear, redlines, and promotes. Stuart advances to Bremen, crossing into Greece again, hope we can stay in for the IBT. Sheridan heads west.. 2hp cav tries a shot at Bremen, but fails and stays alive. Mini-Me founded.

IBT Alex kicks us out Stuart. Make a note of that for later. Lincoln wants to swap WM. No thanks.

Turn 4: Tula library -> walls, Yax courthouse -> Smiths, Quirigua musket-> musket. Bremen is all that is left of the Germanic state. Sheridan is fuming that Jeb is getting all the glory. On to Cuzco! Declare war on the Incas. SOD from the Iroquois front has redeployed north. Stuart crosses over Greek territory and gets adjacent to Bremen. Sheridan now hits Cuzco. Vet musket dies, no damage. Vet pike killed, loses 1 hp. Reg pike killed, we lose 4 hp, but Cuzco falls with the Oracle. 4 of our cavalry advance to hill adjacent to Ica.

IBT 3 resisters quelled in Cuzco. Andahuyalas in disorder. Palace gets a fancy entrance.

Turn 5. CI: Newton’s University -> Cav, Andahuyalas musket-> market. Time for Otto to exit the world stage. Jeb kills reg pike, Bremen goes. Foreign advisor says there’s one less civ to deal with. Carry on. Dr. Evil’s Lair founded by volcano. Uxmal market -> settler. Battle for Ica with 4 cavalry. Cav-1 kills reg pike, takes hp from longbow & promotes. Cav-2 redlines, gets 1hp on reg pike. Cav-3 finishes off 2hp pike w/o damage. Cav-4 kills longbow, loses 2 hp, Ica falls. Sheridan advances on Corinuayrachnia, now the last Incan city standing. Attacks and is reduced to 3/14, 2 more cav brought up to finish the job next turn. Back east clean out barb encampment for 25g. Science to 40% artistry in 1.

IBT- Palace extension to east wing.

Turn 6. Artistry in, magnet in 4, sci to 70% @ 65gpt. Uxmal settler-> settler. Cuzco went into disorder IBT, but was quickly put down. Draw Weight aqueduct -> harbor.
Corin gets the cav treatment, loses 1hp to reg pike. Our blood enemy has been crushed. Wild celebration throughout the empire. Cuzco FP in 100 turns. CI Cav-> Shakespeare in 18.

IBT. The east seems to be barbarian central, as we lose a foreign worker to a horseman. Begin re-deploy of troops to Iroquois front.

Turn 7. Tikal cav->settler, Bonompak cav-> settler. Cuello Heroic Epic-> courthouse. Hurry settler in Uxmal for 108g. Jeb kills barb horse. Mister Bigglesworth founded.

IBT . Not much.

Turn 8. Tula walls-> musket Uxmal settler -> musket. Jeb kills barb encampment for 25 Confederate dollars. Lazapa cathedral -> musket. Dzibilchaltan court-> musket.

IBT. Keep moving troops back towards the Iroquois. Korean galley trying to get closer to some open ex-German territory.

Turn 9. Basil founded. Upgrade some pikes, science to 40, magnet in 1 @ 245gpt.

IBT. Barb kills another foreign worker. Golly, these huts pop out of the shadows if you leave them alone 2 seconds! Get ready for the next war. Target: Oil Springs. 2nd floor extension on west wing of palace.

Turn 10. Steam power in 5 @ -94gpt. Ake aqueduct -> musket, Tikal settler -> musket. Bonampak settler -> musket. In the east, Jeb wipes out another encampment. I should have freed him up, but there are virtually no troops to cover the area. Next one up should muster us some reinforcements. In the west, Hiawatha gets the bad news. Actually, he gets it twice. We declare war, trade Uncle Sam spices and gems for a military alliance. The cavalry charges at Oil Springs. Vet cav no damage vs reg spear. Vet cav kills reg spear outright, and promotes. Elite cav kills reg spear, and it’s Miller Time! MGL Canac-sky. Off to Cuzco with you to rush the Forbidden Palace. Vet cav redlines vs reg spear gets a hp. Vet cav kills 2hp spear, Oil Springs is ours. Phil Sheridan advances. Trade dyes to Aztecs for 6gpt to keep them off our backs while we do more death and destruction.

End assessment- 10 turns, 2 players out, 3 palace improvements, another G-Wonder in CI, with another in queue. Great leader to get the FP in. 1506 gold in the bank, and we’re well ahead in the tech tree. I’d say we’re cooking with gas. True, there’s not a huge army threatening the Iroquois at this point, but they’re not going anywhere sandwiched between Abe and ourselves, and Sheridan’s fully armed. And we can close off the peninsula easily enough. Seems like this may be over well before we get the 20k win, but we’ll see.

The save

Nice turns, death and destruction to all!

At this rate, we'll be done before you get back on sat. :)

Got it. Will try and play tonight.

My ISP @home was down last night and I couldn't get the save. I'll play tonight. Sorry all.

I'm still here. Last I knew, Reg was gonna play/post. Is anyone still in? If so, I'll pick it up .....

Pin, you want to go another round or two? I have to believe it's more than just an ISP problem with Reg since he was also checking in from work once in a while. Maybe we'd hear something in a few more days.

I think he was asking if you were still interested in playing. It is my turn, I believe, and I'll play post soon. I'm up in two of my other games, so I have to do those first.

Ah, well to tell the truth this SG is the one I look the least forward to out of the three I am doing. (SGOTM1 & Ank06 are the others.) But I am up for finishing this if you guys still want to. If it's just a drag on you guys, then I have no qualms about abandoning it either.

Personally, I like to finish all my games, and I think we could hit dom limit within a few turns, if we want to.

Top Bottom