The "Let's Dot-Map This" Thread

I think that it's too early for diplomacy yet.

Whoever gets the oracle first is going to get metal casting first. That means triremes early and probably The Colossus. Normally, I don't worry about the Colossus because I don't like water maps. But I'm guessing we have a lot of coastal tiles and there are a lot of financial civs, so there will be a lotta people gunning for the Oracle, not just us.

Whoever gets the Oracle will have a very large upper hand shortly after. We should make no strong commitments until we are positive who has it and hopefully where they are.

As for the circumnavigation bonus, I heavily doubt that anyone will get it pre-optics unless they get open borders with most of the other civs.

Just had a look at this. Right now I'm favoring 4 cities on the homeland, just so we don't spend too much time settling here rather than setting OUT THERE. Backward Logic's dotmap looks sound, although it looks like the city that has the pyramids would be best suited in a central location on the plains hill.

Just had a look at this. Right now I'm favoring 4 cities on the homeland, just so we don't spend too much time settling here rather than setting OUT THERE. Backward Logic's dotmap looks sound, although it looks like the city that has the pyramids would be best suited in a central location on the plains hill.

another:goodjob: for bachward ligic´s dotmap. i will do a test when i find time, IF we can get mids in the southern city and have all cities costal, or if we have to move the middle city to the central hill (which would actually only cost us 1 forestplains hill in bfc and gives more overlap with capital, which also isnt too bad)

Oh right, something obvious I think we missed: there will be NO colony maintenance AT ALL in this game, since vassal states are off.

I still say, it is much better to just settle ONE more city on our little island. It's on the plains hill and will be another production power-house as well as SE monster later. It will be used to get some big monster projects done for us while our other two cities will be busy spamming their ass off on galleys, settlers, and units to grab whatever land we can.

We'll need to be dotmapping more soon as we discover more of the mainland. Now my opinion is that we should only build one more city on our island and the rest of the settlers should be dedicated to the continent land-grab.

Perhaps our last home island city should be on the northern bank of the river on our western coast?

Obsolete, could you take picture of all land that we see now, and post it here, so we can start dotmap making?

Top Bottom