Turn Tracker Thread

Turn 28 - 2880 BC

Spoiler :

We've got some decisions to make.

Originally our plan called for switching the captal to a warrior last turn while working the dyes. Obviously we lost last turn (sorry ... intense schedule for the first half of the turn timer :( and with some issues later half).

Workers are on schedule: Both fast workers are mining the gems.

The capital, I resumed the old plan of trying to grow to size 4. This will be slower than the original Sandaksten, but hopefully the Oracle plan will still work.

I did not end the turn yet, just in case anyone wants to see the game.

No screenshots right now, because photobucket is being an *** to me and not letting me upload screenshots. :mad:

Turn 29 - 2840 BC

Spoiler :

Our gems have been mined. We do have to make a little adjustment to the Sandaksten plan so I propose that next turn we switch from the dyes to the gems. That still lets us grow to size 4 in 2 turns in time for a settler.

Next turn the fast workers mine the other gems. The aim is to be working the 2 rice and the 2 gems at size 4, for the settler.

Research has been set to Polytheism.

Turn 32 - 2720 BC

Spoiler :
As originally planned, all workers road the tile SW from the capital. Next turn, however, we may have to deviate from the sandaksten plan. One worker is assigned to chop next turn, and the other (which might need adjusting) is assigned to road + cancel on the dyes.

Turn 33 - 2680 BC

Spoiler :
I had to make a decision about one of our fast workers.

One fast worker, as planned, is chopping the forest to the "7" of the capital.

The other fast worker was supposed to road the dyes, then cancel. However, our new city is to the south, not to the west. So I opted to build a road on the tile that is 1N of the proposed second city site. I put the sign "Pre-Roaded."

Miscellaneous information:

(Note: Buddhism FIADL.)

Turn 34 - 2640 BC

Spoiler :
The fast worker to the north continues to chop.

The fast worker to the south deviated from the original plan by roading the rice tile (which is next to the second city site). I origianlly planned on roading the tile that the city would actually be founded (the tile 1E or "6" of the rice) but I thought the rice would be just as fine since we would be improving that tile first in the new city anyway. I have canceled his action so he can road a different tile next turn or finish the one on the rice. What action should the southern fast worker do next turn? I have a gut feeling that I should have roaded the forest the city would actually be founded upon instead. :( Any thoughts?

Turn 35 - 2600 BC

Spoiler :
Anyway, this turn, I finished the pre-roaded tile on the forest and the other fast worker chopped, so now the settler will be finished next turn and will head to the forest (but will not be able to found the city until turn 37).

I assume we will be finishing up a warrior after the settler and then start the Oracle ASAP.

My proposed fast worker plan:

Turn 36 - Both fast workers road the rice tile 8 of the capital.
Turn 37 - Both fast workers go on the hill 89 of capital and mine
Turn 38 - Finish mine
Turn 39 - ?

What do you think? I will be holding off on playing the next turn until we come to a close consensus.

Turn 36 - 2560 BC

Spoiler :
1. The fast workers are going to their spots to chop next turn.
2. The settler will found our second city next turn.
3. The capital is working a barracks.

Many thanks to Snaaty and The Mike for testing a Sandaksten - might have an issue with the Great Person competition between cities, so we may have to delay the Oracle by one turn.

Turn 37 - 2520 BC

Spoiler :
Everything is going according to plan. The following screenshot shows our progress, except for the fact that I later changed our second city's build from a barracks to a warrior. You can see which tiles are being worked by the tile yields. :)

We are also improving in the demographics.

Turn 38 - 2480 BC

Spoiler :
  • Research is now at Pottery at 100% - we'll have to lower it next turn.
  • Both fast workers are continuing their chops.
  • The second city has been renamed.
  • The capital is now working the two gems and the two rice.
  • The capital is now producing the Oracle. :)
  • Stonehenge was built in 2480 BC in a distant land. (A size 5 capital founded in 4000 BC.)

The border pop next turn gave us a lot more land to look at. :goodjob: I'll have to get the turn done tomorrow seeing as it's really late now.

Turn 39 - 2440 BC

Spoiler :
The biggest news of the turn is that we have, as expected, land to our east. (Both fast workers have chopped and are thus unmovable.) Otherwise, there was not much to do as this turn is basically the same as last turn.

Note: I had to turn down research to 90%. We should debate on whether we want binary research (0 or 100%) or just stick with 90%. We don't have libraries yet so there is virtually no advantage for binary research at the moment.

The demographics show that we are tops in land area. :) Note that we are second in production - that is somewhat good news to us.

Turn 40 - 2400 BC

Spoiler :
Both fast workers went into position to chop, although one has to wait next turn because moving on a forested hill takes up all 3 of a fast worker's movement points. :cry:

There was nothing significant in the event log. However, do keep an eye on the score increases.

Quatronia: +6 (most likely a technology)
Amazons: +6 (most likely a technology)
Sirius: Same
Mavericks: Same
CDZ: Same
Merlot: +6 (most likely a technology)

Top Bottom