Cyrus/AMAZON Diplomacy

Greetings Team AMAZON,

We wanted to reach out and say hello to our neighbors.

Are there any questions that you may have for us? Are there any concerns that you feel we should address for you? Is there anything that we might be able to do to help the AMAZON people?

Also, have you had any trouble communicating with Team Quatronia? We have been unable to get a response from them for quite some time.

Please let us know.

Thanks!

TheMike
Mavericks Diplomat

I've sent this message to AMAZON.

The message in the Quatronia thread has not yet been sent because it has a trade offer in it.

Found Silent to be online this morning, had a little chat.

Spoiler :
(10:22:40 AM) Morgan: Hello Silent
(10:23:29 AM) Silent: Hello
(10:24:33 AM) Morgan: Sorry to hear about your misclick - I can sympathize, not the first time a game has been messed up due to babies/young children with curoius fingers
(10:25:00 AM) Silent: Yeah.
(10:26:00 AM) Morgan: Do you want the support of our team?
(10:27:32 AM) Silent: Honestly, I would like to have the support of all of the teams. If someone else did this I would be totally on their side. So yes, I would like to have your support.
(10:29:48 AM) Morgan: I think most of our team would like to help you out.
(10:35:11 AM) Morgan: Although must be honest and tell you some of our team feel we that we are diplomatically isolated, they wonder if team Amazon has any interest in being a long term friend and possibly ally to the Maverick team.
(10:45:06 AM) Morgan: We will probaly remain neutral. You have our email address, we welcome all diplomatic contact.
(10:46:07 AM) Silent: I understand. We will certainly keep the communication lines open.
(10:47:42 AM) Morgan: I understand. Team Maverick will return to the diplomatic wilderness.
(10:48:06 AM) Silent: Personally, I hope we can find a way to work together in the future. I'm open to any suggestions.
(10:48:58 AM) Silent: Feel free to email or PM me if you have any concerns or questions I might be able to help you out with. I will do what I can.
(10:49:11 AM) Morgan: I have one now.
(10:49:35 AM) Silent: I'm listening as always.
(10:50:49 AM) Morgan: We would like to offer metal casting for trade, please let use know what you would be preapared to offer for it.
(10:53:12 AM) Morgan: We would like to closely cooperate and build a long term allience with your team and one of your neighbours. Is this a situation that you welcome or have you deicided the medium term goals and postion of team amazon. We would prefer to know rather try to dance around diplomatically.
(10:55:13 AM) Silent: The medium term goals of The AMAZON are currently being discussed. There is a flurry of activity, I'll be honest, but I don't things are fully decided yet. There's been talk about the benefits of an AMAZON-Mavericks relationship like you mention.
(10:57:24 AM) Silent: I will convey the message about Metal Casting and put in a good word for you guys. We are a diplomatic team though and just recently we had a string of polls go not in the way I wanted, but that's what we've decided to do. I'm sure there will be polls on this issue and discussion.
(10:58:37 AM) Silent: Again, I think there are some real benefits from allying ourselves with the Mavericks. I will let you know, once I find out one way or the other. I don't want to dance diplomatically. I much prefer straight-forward diplomacy.
(10:59:22 AM) Silent: You will not hear silence from me. That's not my style. I will tell you what our team decides to do.
(11:01:37 AM) Morgan: Glad to hear there could be a relationship we can build, we rate your team as one of the stronger, i'm sure you've seen our team roster and see we have a few great players too. The fact we are near to each but not neigbours is always encouraging.
(11:03:35 AM) Morgan: I hope we work together, in the last MTDG I was on Team Cav - we build a great relationship with Kaz, so I'd hope some of your team would remember our core values and how well we fitted together.
(11:05:13 AM) Silent: We have a few players on our team from Team Kaz and they have constantly been pointing out the strength of the Kaz-Cav bond from the last game. They are a vocal component of our team.
(11:06:11 AM) Silent: I myself am new, so I only know what they tell me.
(11:06:47 AM) Silent: But they have said just about the same thing as you just said.
(11:07:24 AM) Morgan: Sweet, I'll make some posts in our forum, give our diplomat a job and ask him to send some nice words to your email box. Maybe keep the momemum going see if we can get a bit closer.
(11:08:01 AM) Silent: Any little bit can help.
(11:08:54 AM) Silent: I would suggest making a point of how it will help strengthen the AMAZON position, because that's what we're discussing for the most part.
(11:09:10 AM) Silent: I think that'
(11:09:16 AM) Silent: s what people want to hear.
(11:09:37 AM) Silent: We have talked about going other ways though, so I can't promise anything.
(11:10:47 AM) Morgan: Will do, i think i have an idea of how to phase it that would help our cause. could i ask what you thoughts are about our southern neigbour the Q, they have been a little distant and abuprt with us recently
(11:11:47 AM) Silent: We have found that they have a very slow diplomatic and bureaucratic system, so we thought the same thing when we first met them.
(11:14:06 AM) Morgan: We suspect their alligence lies elsewhere, which suits us tbh, i personall don't rate them, apart from earthling (ex Cav), i question their commitent and wonder how active they will be in 100turns.

We need to send a email, i've got some thoughts and silent has been very nice in setting expectations

Spoiler :

Greetings Team Amazon,

It was with great sadness that we read of your mistake, we thank you for the explanation that reached us through neutral ground.

The young 'Uns can, whilst increasing population, bring their own challenges, as fathers we offer our vocal support and hope this mistake can be recified at the earliest oppertunity.

We see this situation as way to bring our empires closer together, perhaps a closer working relationship could be the silver lining of the current cloud? We offer for trade a technonlgy of creation, with this you could build a forge that will increase happiness if you have the resources required, we have the resource and will gladly trade when possible. What can you offer for the Mighty Metal Casting?

Some of our rulers feel a kinship with your ruling council, they remember a past life where we cooperated and conquered whole landmasses together. We hope these are not dreams and that working together we increase the size and scope of empires, we invisge a time where we can stand shoulder to shoulder and crush our enemies ecomonically and if nessercary with advanced military force.

We hope we can soon be friends and possibaly allies

Team Mav

Just a rough draft, make any changes etc and send it out ASAP, TODAY.

We will probaly remain neutral. You have our email address, we welcome all diplomatic contact.

I know clear well what this means. For those who still can't read well between the lines, it means they are going to do the exact same thing they've been doing this whole time. In other words, a faction block against us.

I love that response about the "just send it in an e-mail", lol, like wtf does he think we were doing this whole time?

That was me saying "We will probably remain neutral" to the reload issue.
Between the lines - "i was saying our response to a reload was for sale"

but yep, before he opened up a bit it did look crap, but I think if we send a suitable email we may have made a friend.

I really need to add the Satire TAG to my witty posts. I noticed quite a few people on the forum didn't pick up on it in a few cases lately, and then the name-calling starts.

Anyhow, I think you still got my meaning!

Nice work! I think your message is fine, go a head and send it.

I also may have accidentally reported your post when I went to click Reply :blush:

Sorry chaps, not able to send it, please send it if possible.

found the following waiting for me when i logged back on to msn
(7/10/2010 10:30:04 AM) Silent: I would support you if the roles were reversed. Have no doubt about that.
(7/10/2010 10:38:18 AM) Silent: We have certainly talked about the possibility. We had already established relationships with other teams before we met you, however, and that somewhat limits our options. We are not opposed to working with your team, and we respect many of your players, just saying that working with you is going to be difficult in the near future due to the arrangements we've made with other teams.
(7/10/2010 10:39:52 AM) Silent: We are willing to consider working with the Mavericks down the road if it works out that way. As I said, if only we had met you sooner things might be a little different right now.
(7/10/2010 10:40:37 AM) Silent: Our allies have made provisions about working with you, so our hands are tied in some respects.
(7/10/2010 10:41:24 AM) Silent: We can still share information and help each other through communication, but I think anything more visible could bring up issues.
(7/10/2010 10:42:24 AM) Silent: Of course our foreign policy is up to the team, so I am really just the messenger. If the situation changes, we will have to reconsider.
(7/10/2010 10:43:20 AM) Silent: Hope you understand and can appreciate the honesty, even if it means you chose to not support a reload due to us not being able to be allies in the near future.
(7/10/2010 10:43:53 AM) Silent: Why didn't you guys send out work boats?
(7/10/2010 10:44:07 AM) Silent: If we'd met sooner...
(7/10/2010 11:19:25 AM) Silent: Our team has been thinking of going for an early wonder, but we suspect that your team might be building another and we couldn't hope to match your production with forges/OR and your Fast Workers. There's not a chance that your team would consider informing us if you're building any more wonders, so that we don't waste our hammers on it, is there? You can ask your team about it.
(7/10/2010 11:22:21 AM) Silent: They didn't really say I could ask you about that, but I thought I'd give it a try anyways.
(7/10/2010 11:24:29 AM) Silent: Well, I'm going to have to go to bed soon. It's 3AM where I am. I'm glad I got to talk to you. I'll try to keep the communications flowing between our teams. And I'll let you know when we decide something.

After this reload business, I think these guys do not deserve any help from us. They can always ask for reload if they don't get something!

Silent: Why didn't you guys send out work boats?

I see, so it's all our fault now... Wonderful.

Considering we didn't start with fishing in the first place, and were more concerned of an early planned imp-rush by their doing....

Looks like still no word from them in the mail. Not even a thanks...

Alright, now I"m getting REALLY F*CKING PISSED.

I caught Sommers logging in for the second time around 12:45 am tonight. I then click on diplo panel to catch him and chat and force him on the spot.

I just typed one line:
"How long are you guys going to ignore us?"

He immediately panics, and just types "?" then instantly and rudely kills the chat right there.

I don't know what else it's going to take you guys to wake up and smell the coffee here... They are NOT our allies, nor do they ever want to be. All we did is make things worse by granting them the damn reload.

I am so &@(^$#^ pissed. I want to just whip a trireme right now and head up there and blast the sh*t out of anything else floating in their waters. And I'd sure like to do that for most the game.

Please................... give me permission to send up some triremes up there. I am begging you...

Please.. Please.. Please....

Alright, now I"m getting REALLY F*CKING PISSED.

I caught Sommers logging in for the second time around 12:45 am tonight. I then click on diplo panel to catch him and chat and force him on the spot.

I just typed one line:
"How long are you guys going to ignore us?"

He immediately panics, and just types "?" then instantly and rudely kills the chat right there.

I don't know what else it's going to take you guys to wake up and smell the coffee here... They are NOT our allies, nor do they ever want to be. All we did is make things worse by granting them the damn reload.

I am so &@(^$#^ pissed. I want to just whip a trireme right now and head up there and blast the sh*t out of anything else floating in their waters. And I'd sure like to do that for most the game.

Please................... give me permission to send up some triremes up there. I am begging you...

Please.. Please.. Please....

At this point, I'm not against some heavy-handed diplomacy, but lets not overreact. I would rather send a stack of triremes, because a single one can be sunk by a pair of galleys. We would need to have some more ready for the inevitable counter-attack from Q as well.

We get pyramids in 8 turns...then we whip granary and can start whipping triremes with %25 war-civic. Of course, Snaaty is going to come along and say no, no, no we need settlers out first!

BTW, when Cyrus closed the chat, that was no accident. He (Sommer)then waited around in game still ignoring us until I finally exited. I left a public message "Good luck" when I left, but believe me it took a lot of self-control.

I think that these two threads for diplomacy are as good as closed. It is obvious that we offered more than we were supposed to under normal circumstances (meaning, no islands). I think that it is also obvious that Q and Amazons will not work with us in the future, there is no hints for that. I think we should pick one and send tririems asap. I wote Q!

I'm open to it, as long as we have a strategy in mind. Our goal should be to cut them off from the main island and blockade trade routes. I'd prefer to do it with a sizable amount of triremes and have some ready to defend the retaliation that will likely come from AMAZON.

I agree to wait for Sirius, and I started chatting a bit with Robi D from CBZ, just to set up some things, nothing official yet since we haven't met ingame, but small talk.

Top Bottom