The Third World War 1989

Thank you.
I think it is time to inspire more scenario designers to think outside the box.
Let's make the units and they will come.
TNO's work has gifted us with so much potential.

Update: Added the People's Liberation Army of China in the first post.

The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan next.

I think that G is extemely talented & he can make great graphics himself.
I am just happy to help.

But you are right, if anybody reading this has a preference for my next pick, ask me.

Anywayz, I consolidated the Middle Eastern section and added Jordan. I am thinking Saudi Arabia and Kuwait next.

I will be revisiting the French soon and making additions/ alterations, so keep checking.

Although I don't currently have plans for them, I think Latin American and Sub-Saharan African units of the era (the unfortunate and luckless pawns of Cold War proxy wars, tragically) would be a nice addition and are often overlooked or genericized in many past Cold War collections.

These units are some of the best I have seen, and I believe I've played enough Civ 2 during the last decade to know. Incredible work with such attention to detail.

Thank you Alsbron. It all started as Gareth's IDF/ Arab originals, ofcourse - so :goodjob:
Good point, Patine. Will do.

For your Gulf War scenarios, the Amir's army:

Attachments

• Tanelon 1980 1990 Kuwait infantry.png
    Tanelon 1980 1990 Kuwait infantry.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 755
I also just added the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the Middle East section.

Gulf war French next.

Added the French forces in Lebanon, Chad and the Gulf war.
Also added/ ammended several units in the nato file, like the Spanish Legion and the Turkish marines. These units have a small square on the right.

Tanelorn thanks for the compliment, but I can say that I can not create Fairline or Tanelorn units, or the perfect amount and variety of units that you are generating.

These latter units you've generated seem incredibly good. :hatsoff:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks G.
I will be on vacations the nex two weeks, so this project goes on temporary hiatus.

I added a couple of US navy SEALS and some Egyptian late 70s/90s SF camos on the Middle East thing.

That machinegun looks perfectly placed for a bullet-testicle interface type disaster :eek:

I must admit I know eff-all about guns, but is that thing gonna work after being taking for a swim?

Seems to be a G36 so its unlikely to even work at all unless you want to shoot around corners :p

I am back. Added Colonel Gaddafi's Armed Forces of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya.

-edit- Added Morocco.

Interesting mix of American style uniforms, Bulgarian made WW2 Italian style helmets, older Spanish Rocoso camo and Russian equipment.
Possible antagonists to France and French wannabes.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1980s Algerians.png
    Tanelorn 1980s Algerians.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 675
Let's do a ToT conversion of Pablostuka's "Marrueccos", what do you say, Gapetit?

Top Bottom