Test of Time Patch Project Bug reporting thread

In my Burma scenario, I'm taking advantage of the unlimited events feature, and am now well over the historical 100mb limit. I had incorporated a number of 'delay' events as well, but I find that they aren't working - most just don't happen at all.

I wonder if the way ToT utilizes 'delay' events, as described by Catfish: http://users.tpg.com.au/jpwbeest/cc_archive_03-04.htm has thwarted the events expansion feature?

I noticed a serious problem with the TerrainDefenseForAir feature as it pertains to fighters located in cities. When I disable the terrain defensive bonus for air units, fighters no longer receive the special "scramble" bonus when defending a city against bombers. Instead of having their defensive strength quadrupled, fighters merely have their defense doubled against attacking bombers. Furthermore, fighters receive no bonus at all when defending a city against enemy fighters. (Ordinarily, their defensive strength should be doubled against attacking fighters.) So if you ever get around to reading this, TheNamelessOne, you should be aware that disabling the terrain defensive bonus has the inadvertent effect of overriding the fighter "scramble" bonuses, which are so essential for balanced game play.

By the way, I'm using Version 0.13 of the patch, and rigorously tested air combat on a city square that has no defensive terrain bonus (i.e., grassland).

I've been playing my scenario, when at turn 662 or 663, I got a message saying "The Russian government has been overthrown. Here's the thing: I have forbidden government switching in my scenario.

(Edit: Upon further playing, I noticed that the scenario settings somehow reset itself completely in the middle of gameplay, defaulting to normal game settings. :dubious: )

Additionally, loading or reloading saved games anywhere, somehow throws off the AGW counter, causing maps with zero pollution to start AGW cycles. This mainly happens when I load a save while a game is in progress. Curiously, loading saves where AGW on a map is in progress or has maxed out, will reset the AGW counter back to zero. This happens no matter what mod or scenario I play.

Attachments

• tmp_29249-wtfbugs3740380686.zip
    593.5 KB · Views: 156
I'm having trouble getting this to work... I'm using Windows 10, which is probably the problem. I can get ToT to work fine, but I get an immediate crash when attempting to run this. I installed ToT, then 1.1, then installed this, and even tried the 64 bit patch after installing. Any thoughts?

Through trial and error I realized that I can run this so long as "Directshow video" is not checked.

Top Bottom