Alternative Terrain

Currently im working on new set of terrain for C2C (modmod) using Infiniter Terrain Pack as a base.
Before posting modmod files I want to show picture of new terrain.
Any suggestions welcomed :)

Also new terrain pack will be smaller then standard, C2C pack approx. 30Mbs

I like the overall look of it, especially the new Desert and Dunes.

A few minor comments:
- Grassland and Lush are not that easily differentiated, though (maybe lush should be greener?)
- Not a great fan of Scrub (I'd have though something closer to Desert or Barren with some, well, scrubs)

1) We already have one alternate terrain pack.

2) I assume this is intended as a replacement for the current terrain set. It is just as bad as the current default set, in that it makes me ill just looking at it.

Dune is too dark for my taste. I agree with RWN except that.

2) I assume this is intended as a replacement for the current terrain set. It is just as bad as the current default set, in that it makes me ill just looking at it.

I think this set is at least better than the current set. Anyway, it's a modmod. People who want to use it will use it and people who don't will not use it.

Its a modmod.
And alternate terrain pack for C2C its mostly the same like orignal, just less saturate.

Its a modmod.
And alternate terrain pack for C2C its mostly the same like orignal, just less saturate.

I just hope your not using the RI terrain stuff, that stuff there is why i could not play it, i couldn't take the terrain, it is just so ugly.

Ok there is new image after suggested changes

Attachments

• new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 847
Ok there is new image after suggested changes

OK for me, Marsh and Muddy are backwards. Lush needs a little more plain "lush" green like it was. Ice i really like. Perma is alot better also. I like i waves also in Dunes.

But Hydro, what say you?? I believe you made the last graphics comparison?

DH, this is more in your ball park, maybe make a double alternative just for you dont get "headaches" any longer??:p

OK for me, Marsh and Muddy are backwards. Lush needs a little more plain "lush" green like it was. Ice i really like. Perma is alot better also. I like i waves also in Dunes.

Ok image after changes

Attachments

• new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 2,612
Some comments after trying it in-game, by decreasing order of importance:
- Moutains are all icy-white, probably unintended
- The features such as peat bog are two large/not transparent, it looks a bit out of place and it's not so easy to see the terrain beneath
- Salt flats are often in the middle of desert, but look very different. Maybe give a more "sandy" to the salt flats?

But overall it looks good. I'll stay with this modmod.

Ok I fixed mountains texture, changed salt flats (added more yellow colour and sulphur pools) and swamp feature.
I tried fix Peat Bog but its tricky. Ill do it tomorrow :)

Top Bottom