how to take on ring of fire spell

ash874

Warlord
hi everyone
i am playing the 'wages of sins' scenario as elohim
got myself maybe 15 cities had a military (apart from garrisons) of about 7 champions and bambur and arthenedain
the infernal came with their stack and i lost the entire thing though i managed to kill so many ritualists that i felt ok about the trade

used my world spell to keep them out and built about 25 champions
i dont have mages and im not sure even which nodes am i after to get which spells

sent my army of champions to Dis which is not that well guarded except that there are some ritualists there that use ring of fire against my stack rendering it useless
apart from upgrading all my champions with mobility, what other options do i have against this spell
if i had a body mana i could do it cheaply with haste but i wasted my nodes on one spirit and one earth (go figure)
any suggestions?

It's a nasty spell. You have the right idea- the way to defeat ritualist spam is to hit them from more than 1 tile away. You should always upgrade your champions with mobility regardless as it is the most important promo for them. Otherwise you need to get haste, fireballs or pump out a stack of high movement units, like horse archers (which I assume you don't have the techs for, making it a bit hard).

I can't remember if ring of fire has a reasonable hard cap on damage in vanilla, but assuming it does, if you have a large enough stack you can probably just tank it and push through - especially with 25 champions. If you lose them, that's fine - just build 25 more and give them mobility this time.

Top Bottom