FfH2 Bug Thread

Mulcarn Reborn is still locked and it states that it has not been added yet, but it is in the scenario folder and can be loaded directly.

Argh. FF just came out with a new version and has plenty of neat, new stuff to play.

Now, we get FFH .40r with plenty of neat, new stuff to play.

Which one should I play? :crazyeye:

Are AI workers supposed to be able to make mana nodes?

Here are two screens from the Mulcram reborn game I just started, I'm 60 turns in. The team has the tech for adepts and air nodes, no no adepts (not even a guild).

edit: I dunno why it made it so small, but the text should still be readable.

Here are two screens from the Mulcram reborn game I just started, I'm 60 turns in. The team has the tech for adepts and air nodes, no no adepts (not even a guild).[/IMG][/URL]

Yes, AI workers are allowed to make mana nodes, I was confused by that same fact not long ago as well :crazyeye:

Thanks for the new patch! One question though. If the player in a current game (pre r-patch) has archery, but not iron working, will (s)he then suddenly be able to build lumbermills if the game is loaded with the r-patch? And what if it's opposite?

Yes. I can't recall exactly where I read it, but it's because the AI can't understand how to use combat units (that adpets are classified as) as workers. Hence the AI workers can build nodes as a workaround.

Thanks for the new patch! One question though. If the player in a current game (pre r-patch) has archery, but not iron working, will (s)he then suddenly be able to build lumbermills if the game is loaded with the r-patch? And what if it's opposite?

Yes. I can't recall exactly where I read it, but it's because the AI can't understand how to use combat units (that adpets are classified as) as workers. Hence the AI workers can build nodes as a workaround.

It also has been a the source of a nasty string off oos / ctd issues if i remember rightly (AI nonworkers beeing able to build improvements messed up unit AI if I'm not mistaken. So i believe AI Arcane units can't improve nodes. Just workers. Its only the players arcane units that are able to do so. And they can't use workers)

This is not really a bug but rather a cosmetic enhancement suggestion:

from Patch r changelog:
36. Lumbermills moved form Iron Working to Archery.
In this case I would rename the tech from Archery to "sophisticated wood crafting" or Woodcrafting, or something similar

About time I stopped just lurking on these forums.

9. Strategy text added for all buildable units (woot! this took forever!).
18. Unit specific abilities will be displayed in the unit help text.
19. Cleaned up the promotions lost so that only valid promotions are listed (instead of every unit having all the spell spheres listed).

Thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU. I'm always looking for subtle things I've missed in the manual or Civilopedia, and promotion lists under specific units really have been pretty useless.

Small stuff in Civilopedia:
- Druid strategy description still says they're the only units outside of the Disciple line that have Medic I. Problem is that they are a Disciple unit. Grigori Medics on the other hand are a Melee unit with Medic I (and II and III).
- The following units start with a promotion that has the same name as the unit. The link in unit description leads back to the unit itself instead of the promotion description: Centaur, Illusionist, Marksman, Puppet.
- Satyr strat hints that young cities can build them easily due to no building requirement, but they can only be promoted from level 4+ Fawns. :S
- If Arquebus really ignores building defenses, this should probably be mentioned in unit description ("Special Abilities", which is what all the tooltips everywhere seem to show) in addition to strategy text.
- Monk unit description doesn't mention that it's a UU for Elohim.
- Demagog and Flagbearer descriptions don't mention they're UUs for Bannor.
- Lightbearer description doesn't mention it's a UU for Malakim.
(..and so on for any UUs that don't replace normal units, I guess.)
- Hero descriptions don't mention the Civilization the hero belongs to.

maybe a bug, maybe not, probably mentioned before but still annoying as hell: sometimes when barbs move near a city of mine next to a worker, i cant move the worker anymore, but sometimes i can. often happens with fast moving units like lizard men or wolf rider, the ones you dont see before but than stand right next to the worker.

I like that Blight is happening more now, but I don't like the strength of the effect. I'm not sure how the numbers are calculated exactly, I haven't looked it up, but it seems a little much that most of your big cities will shrink by about half, and a fair number of your small ones will simply dissappear down to size 1.

A Size 5 city getting -17 health from blight alone is one heck of a hit.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, the entire mechanic is very negative. The entire user experience is generally bad. You don't get to leverage the effect, you don't get to kill some big bad guy and take his stuff... you just get to see your entire empire wither over the course of many turns.

I would propose a significantly ligher hit in health, and an up front population loss. That is, all cities get -2 pop, and a small health penalty (half the size of the city, or thereabouts, that decays at 1 per turn like it is now).

This has a much more measured effect in that it will always hurt somewhat, but it won't be that constant pain like it is now. More of a worse version of getting hit with River of Blood. While River of Blood is annoying, 3 turns later you are generally over it. Whereas Blight just makes each turn frustrating.

Another thing I want to throw out there, is a change to Nature 1, Treetop Defense.

Currently this spell is of pretty marginal use. Yeah, it isn't the worst spell (cough, loyalty, cough) but I think it misses what could be a much more interesting tier 1 effect:

Bounty: Creates a "Bounty" building in the city the caster is in (Like wall of stone).

Bounty building gives +1 Food, +1 Health and +10% food carry over after growth.

Of the current group of city pumpers (Inspiration, wall of stone, Hope) there are two missing: One that provides production and one that provides growth. I don't feel all are needed per se, but I think growth would be nice to give people a way to help out new cities (In the same way hope is a great way to pop the first ring of culture, and Inspirations help you get that first great scientist or so during a game).

Can Hyborem not build ships? I have a shipyard but no ships available to build except a workboat.

I like that Blight is happening more now, but I don't like the strength of the effect. I'm not sure how the numbers are calculated exactly, I haven't looked it up, but it seems a little much that most of your big cities will shrink by about half, and a fair number of your small ones will simply dissappear down to size 1.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, the entire mechanic is very negative. The entire user experience is generally bad. You don't get to leverage the effect, you don't get to kill some big bad guy and take his stuff... you just get to see your entire empire wither over the course of many turns.

I would propose a significantly ligher hit in health, and an up front population loss. That is, all cities get -2 pop, and a small health penalty (half the size of the city, or thereabouts, that decays at 1 per turn like it is now).

This has a much more measured effect in that it will always hurt somewhat, but it won't be that constant pain like it is now. More of a worse version of getting hit with River of Blood. While River of Blood is annoying, 3 turns later you are generally over it. Whereas Blight just makes each turn frustrating.

Another thing I want to throw out there, is a change to Nature 1, Treetop Defense.

Currently this spell is of pretty marginal use. Yeah, it isn't the worst spell (cough, loyalty, cough) but I think it misses what could be a much more interesting tier 1 effect:

Bounty: Creates a "Bounty" building in the city the caster is in (Like wall of stone).

Of the current group of city pumpers (Inspiration, wall of stone, Hope) there are two missing: One that provides production and one that provides growth. I don't feel all are needed per se, but I think growth would be nice to give people a way to help out new cities (In the same way hope is a great way to pop the first ring of culture, and Inspirations help you get that first great scientist or so during a game).

The effects have actually been nerfed quite a bit. Blight used to destroy all of the improvements on your health resources, actually destroy (remove from the map) some of the resources, change several of your tiles into desert, and generally destroy your healthiness and your ability to generate food. The player had to redeploy workers to rebuild resources, and (if possible) send some druids/archmages to vitalize the affected areas. Floodplains and lost resources could not be recovered unless you cheated.

The new version is both temporary and transparent (by which I mean requiring no micromanagement). Your cities will still shrink due to unhealthiness, but they recover rather quickly (much like poisened water in BTS) and do not require the player to spend a lot of time rebuilding.

The new way is much better from a game play standpoint. The affects are negative. It is Blight, so it should kill a lot of people. It is part of the Armageddon...the end of the world. People die...that is kind of the point.

This may be as intended but just in case: is Pyre Zombie collateral damage supposed to be able to KILL units? I had this happen in the Black Tower Scenario yesterday. (some details spoilered, just in case)

Spoiler :
The first time it happened it was a human unit, so I was curious if it was a quirk of the non-healing rules. Turns out, nope, I put Barnaxas in a stack full of Stygians attacking a stack full of PZs, and he eventually died from the collateral damage (and I got the amusing message that Pieces of Barnaxus has suffered collateral damage :p).

Remember when Kael moved lumbermills to archery or something and then human and AI empires started being full of forests throughout the game

idk when that happened but treetop defense is pretty okay because of it

Just started a game as the Svartalfar (Patch R) and I went to cheek what there new Assassin model looked like in the Civipedia since you mentioned they got a new model and they look exactly the same as every other civs assassin

Playing wages of sin as the Calabim in a permanent alliance with Hyborem, he used Hyborem's Whisper and took one of my cities. I asked for it back from him, and he gave it back. However, I kept demonic citizens when doing so. My city still grew normally from food, but I had no unhappiness/unhealthiness problems, which seems pretty exploitative.

And then I tossed City of 1000 slums into the city to make it even more ridiculous!

I was surprised in my last .40q game the damage the Sheaim World Spell did. Previously, I would get damaged units and have smoldering forests to deal with.

However, the popup went by so quickly I didn't realize how many building it also destroyed. I only had 6 cities, but each city lost 3-4 buildings. None of this was in the Event Log by the way.

The way I finally discovered it was by the many unhappiness that appeared and when I went to the building queue and so so many buildings there that I had already built.

Maybe not a bug (except for the missing info in the event log), but the Sheaim spell is much tougher now.

Maybe not a bug (except for the missing info in the event log), but the Sheaim spell is much tougher now.

It's based on the AC. Higher it is, more you're going to lose. :p Chances are it was cast a higher point than you've previously seen.

I think it is ok. Switch to slavery (you don't loose pop while you are switching/revolting), then rush health buildings, or whatever else you want. Like Mesix said, its not that hard to build back up again. This type of discussion should probably be in the balance thread. It is not really a bug.

Top Bottom