Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Thanks for the quick reply Strategy and thanks for the mod. even though it's just a beta it's a lot of fun

Nope beta is over, its now a standalone just like AND (well it is AND/RoM actually;),) all i am doing now is adding things that i think other player's would like to have added is all, plus a "few":p changes.

Is your link up to date too?

JosEPh

Hey strategyonly
thnx for the awesome mod.
I have just heard about this CIV (I know right?) ,
and I thought i would give CIV IV a try and i must say
from this forum, I have hit Eureka!
Although this really didn't gave me too much chance to play
the vanilla version, I really believe your mod (with ROM and AND) really
is ultimately the complete version of the game anyway.
One question though. Is the Oct 3 link the newest file? I see your edited
first post and I noticed I have never seen that Homo Neanderthalinsis...although
they look cool. And in my Sevopedia, it doesn't have the amount of food I can get
from hunting certain animals..

thanx for the hard work

I don't get it.
When you say you've "added to the mods,"
Do you mean it's in your developing mod?
Or if I was to download from the October 3 link, I'll be updated
with all these new stuff you're implementing?

Also I think I should ask this at ROME sub forum but can you help me?

Right now my order of install has been :
ROM > AND > Prehistoric (basically I'm using it as standalone mod) > and ROME

But none of the ROME feature is shown. So i added the ROME entry in ModularLoadingControl and i get all these errors.
The game still works, but I'm not sure if ROME is working.

Anyways, the reason why I am asking you is, when your Varietas Delectas comes out, will it be pretty much the same thing as ROME? If yes, I wouldn't need to worry about the problem. If no, do you know why?

Is that your own artwork or ROME?

I don't get it.
When you say you've "added to the mods,"
Do you mean it's in your developing mod?
Or if I was to download from the October 3 link, I'll be updated
with all these new stuff you're implementing?

Also I think I should ask this at ROME sub forum but can you help me?

Right now my order of install has been :
ROM > AND > Prehistoric (basically I'm using it as standalone mod) > and ROME

But none of the ROME feature is shown. So i added the ROME entry in ModularLoadingControl and i get all these errors.
The game still works, but I'm not sure if ROME is working.

Anyways, the reason why I am asking you is, when your Varietas Delectas comes out, will it be pretty much the same thing as ROME? If yes, I wouldn't need to worry about the problem. If no, do you know why?

All that is just discussed is a work in-progress for the NEXT version, i am waiting for Afforess to come out with a newer patch, that way i can get things done all at once, because it takes over 6 hours just to upload to the site.

And ROME is not compatible with AND anymore, that is why you'll are having problems, so i'd suggest you didnt add that at this point.

With me adding VD to the mod, there really is alot of "unique" units now, which for all intents and purposes add to the flavor and fun of the game, remember what i always say, "Just Have Fun.";)

SIDE NOTE: I am adding the civs i did in the Unloaded Module area (i cant find my Germany or Nazi civs, so if anyone has them and the FPK pls post thx), because VD's are actually alittle better, but if you want them at least they are there to put into the game if you want to.

btw oneday13 and Prenecae, Welcome to CFC

btw oneday13 and Prenecae, Welcome to CFC

:cool: Thank you chief.

Btw, that was a fast response. I thought it's been a long time since Civ IV came out, but I'm looking around and this forum is more live than I thought!
I have so many questions !!

But what's bothering me at the moment is, what happened to the cool looking formation that AND had? I remember it giving me the option right when the install the mod, but is there any where else that I could activate it?

Thank you

Another question-although I'm not sure if this is for AND forum..

Why can't I build my Stoneworker's Hut?

I have my "Early Building" checked, and I have a marble
resource right next to my newly built city.

When it says it needs to have marble or stone in "city vicinity,"
does the city need to be on TOP of the resource?

Thanx

Thanx

Just looked at the building prereq:

<PrereqVicinityBonuses>
<VicinityBonus>BONUS_MARBLE</VicinityBonus>
<VicinityBonus>BONUS_OBSIDIAN</VicinityBonus>
<VicinityBonus>BONUS_STONE</VicinityBonus>
</PrereqVicinityBonuses>

EDIT: What Dancing Hoskuld said below, THX ;)

Thanx

You need to have a quarry on the marble and a route from it to the city. City vicinity just means that it is possible to work the plot from the city. It does not need to be working it and if it is in range more than two (or more) cities can have it in their vicinity.

If you are playing prehistoric it says you can build a stone workers hut with a very early tech but since you need to work the stone, obsidian or marble, you can't actually build the hut until you can build the quarry which requires masonry. Unless SO has made the stone working improvement give stone etc. In which case building that improvement will work.

You need to have a quarry on the marble and a route from it to the city. City vicinity just means that it is possible to work the plot from the city. It does not need to be working it and if it is in range more than two (or more) cities can have it in their vicinity.

If you are playing prehistoric it says you can build a stone workers hut with a very early tech but since you need to work the stone, obsidian or marble, you can't actually build the hut until you can build the quarry which requires masonry. Unless SO has made the stone working improvement give stone etc. In which case building that improvement will work.

Thx for the info, but i just looked and it is Obsolete with Agriculture, to soon, i think, so if i wanted it to become avail and work with stone tools, what would be your suggestion:confused::confused:

Thx for the info, but i just looked and it is Obsolete with Agriculture, to soon, i think, so if i wanted it to become avail and work with stone tools, what would be your suggestion:confused::confused:

Personaly I don't think any of the improvements built by the gatherer should ever go obsolete. I think they should self upgrade at the correct tech, but that will require python code. They should also provide the resource if they are built on one but only those that go with the improvement ie seed gatherer thingy provides wheat, corn and rice.

Oooooooo THAT'S what it was!! Thanx a whole bunches DH sir!
And yeah, being able to build that out during the Prehistoric Era would be awesome! (*wink wink* @Strategy).
I tell you, I'm playing my first Prehistoric Mod with 51 AI's in Snail speed and Huge Map, and each turn is taking pretty awhile, but I'm still enjoying every second of it.
I just got to Ancient age after about three days!!

And I know this question wasn't for me, but don't you mean Architecture technology? Because Stone Worker's Hut goes obsolete with Architecture around Medieval times.
Which I guess if you were able to somehow make them work during Prehistoric Era, it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

But if you meant the tile improvement (Seed Camp) going obsolete with Agriculture, I agree with Dancing Hoskuld. I just got into ancient age, and I'm not sure but I think I just lost some food and commerce? It ain't too much of a problem, but it just doens't look pretty.;)

--Downloading--
Thank you StrategyOnly.
What a way to start this month!
Btw, is this save compatible w/ the last one? plz say yes.
-Edit-
And also, I have a gameplay question.
What is the point of the tech "Spearfishing?"
I bypassed that tech and my port cities seemed to be doing fine during my Ancient Age right now.

Top Bottom