Favorite Settings

Early RoM days an Epic game that had Space Race as it's Victory setting was about 2 weeks worth of play. But that was 4 years ago. Now a game can last for months. Only most of them get trashed by Mod changes and not Victories or Defeats.

I'll stay on this new Normal gamespeed for awhile (it actually plays somewhat like the old Epic before all the gamespeed changes and added turns).

As for time spent on turns, yes some turns take 15 min or more especially by Medieval Era. Number of Combats, Number of cities, checking out Tech path, making sure religions are gettin spread, etc.. It's just Not a click, click, hit EoT type game for me.

JosEPh :)

Occasionally one of my turns will take say 10 minutes but most are under a minute for sure. Once you get good at saving build queues, adjusting the automation settings for your workers is important too. Also definately no fight animations or slow unit movement. This all helps a tonne!

Only most of them get trashed by Mod changes and not Victories or Defeats.
Yes... that is the frustrating part, sadly. Especially playing on multi-player games. And for me, since I'm modding, its tough to find a stable version in between changes to get a good game through. At some point, a bug comes up and its necessary to update to the svn to fix it which invites all the new ones too, and when those new ones are overwhelming amounts of OOS errors... whew. Then I get back to modding whatever I'm working on and the game eventually gets forgotten. Once this section of the combat mod is polished and I can learn some OOS debugging, that's going to be one of my primary focuses, getting through a game as far as it'll let us go.

Occasionally one of my turns will take say 10 minutes but most are under a minute for sure. Once you get good at saving build queues, adjusting the automation settings for your workers is important too. Also definately no fight animations or slow unit movement. This all helps a tonne!

Whenever that happens please post the save of the previous turn's auto so I can figure out where the bottleneck is on the slow turn.

Hey Koshling,
I think we're talking about the time you spend in making the turn (decision making) Not the EoT process.

I promise if I Ever get an EoT that even lasts 5 minutes I'll get you a savegame.

Hey Koshling,
I think we're talking about the time you spend in making the turn (decision making) Not the EoT process.

I promise if I Ever get an EoT that even lasts 5 minutes I'll get you a savegame.

Yeah I mean the time it takes me to play the turn ;)

Only most of them get trashed by Mod changes and not Victories or Defeats.

I think also that the Renaissance and later eras are unbalanced, more specifically the buildings and units cost too little and there is too much gold in those eras. Have you noticed this at all (at least the gold part)?

ls612,
It's been several months back that I have even seen Ren Era in a game. Heck if I make it to Med Era before the "Next Major/game breaker" change I feel lucky.

JosEPh

Does the AI understand Terrain Damage?

Are there some other settings you do not recommend from the BUG option panel that the AI doesn't understand, expecially already pre-checked options, because i like to be on pairs with AI!

Does the AI understand Terrain Damage?

Are there some other settings you do not recommend from the BUG option panel that the AI doesn't understand, expecially already pre-checked options, because i like to be on pairs with AI!

The AI does understand terrain damage.

Currently the AI does not understand:
  • Surround and destroy (well it understands how to evaluate the odds, but not how to make use of it tactically)
  • Great commanders (again it understands the mechanics and uses them, but doesn't have any tactical/strategic awareness regarding them)

The AI does understand terrain damage.

Currently the AI does not understand:
  • Surround and destroy (well it understands how to evaluate the odds, but not how to make use of it tactically)
  • Great commanders (again it understands the mechanics and uses them, but doesn't have any tactical/strategic awareness regarding them)

Thanks!

What about Revolutions and City limit from civics? is the AI 100% able to use those features?
Or enabling them will in some way advantage the player?

Thanks!

What about Revolutions and City limit from civics? is the AI 100% able to use those features?

It understands them both pretty well now. Much more than it did when they were introduced, and at least as well as many other features.

Thanks!

Koshling has been a miracle-worker for the competence of the AI. IIRC back in the day the AI actually evaluated increased instability as a GOOD thing, which was a bug that dated back to the beginning of REV. That and many other long-standing AI bugs have been fixed in C2C.

Another questions: some early posts here recommend advanced nukes and modern/medieval guilds off. What do you guys recommend? are them totally safe to use now for the AI?

Also a suggestion: make Assimilation not permanent, like, for example, when building courthouse or another administrative building, the city gets assimilated and produces your culture stuff, but you get the building beneficts (like the distance cost reduction etc.)

My problem with Assimilation, is that as neat as it is, it is just plain too powerful. You can wind up having possible access to every single culture in the game. I'd like it better if you only gained the specific culture(s) wonders built in the city you capture... not getting access the generic (European, American, African, Asian, Oceanic) which enables access to all the specific sub cultures.

My problem with Assimilation, is that as neat as it is, it is just plain too powerful. You can wind up having possible access to every single culture in the game. I'd like it better if you only gained the specific culture(s) wonders built in the city you capture... not getting access the generic (European, American, African, Asian, Oceanic) which enables access to all the specific sub cultures.

I disagree, it's often the only way you WILL get any cultures if you start off with one of the less (usefully) populated base ones of your own.

Kosh is there a way to enable Assimilation component mid-game? i just forgot to enable it and now i'm already in ancient era at snail speed, but the game is too fun to just restart it :p

You can always trade for the cultures with advanced diplomacy on. You can also just conquer cities with the cultures you want :ar15:

Top Bottom