C2C - Transhuman Era

rightfuture

Emperor
Trans-human Era -Discussion Thread

This is a thread for discussing techs, civics, wonders, buildings, units, and ideas for the Trans-human Era.

I will go through this thread and keep a list of the major ideas.
The near-future is exciting and lots of science fiction ideas from books, movies and speculation about what if can be explored. Feel free to discuss integration of existing trans-human ideas from other mods as well.

List of existing techs, units, wonders, buildings.
[[to be updated]]

[[one more for good luck]]
I will get to listing the existing stuff soon.

Please start with your ideas for improving it.
The rest is up to you :)

To make things easier on the modders, I would recommend that if you want to suggest anything new that you either post graphics for it or link to appropriate graphics.

Edit: 100th post, yay.

I prefer graphics as well. Will do. (Congrats on post #100! ls612)
I will post the current tech tree and some science fiction ideas as possibilities in the first few threads.
This will be my New Years Resolution.
I am taking a MS windows 7 Certification test tomorrow and should be free in the next few days.
Feel free to post any new ideas here as I get my act together.

And for MrAzure I imagine, since he was the one saying he had a lot of tech ideas to implement during this era. Now that we're bringing it back into focus, I'll have to come back and share some ideas and concepts I have for this, what I feel is currently under-developed, region of future time.

And for MrAzure I imagine, since he was the one saying he had a lot of tech ideas to implement during this era. Now that we're bringing it back into focus, I'll have to come back and share some ideas and concepts I have for this, what I feel is currently under-developed, region of future time.

I have some ideas kicking around regarding interplanetary transport and circular upgrade chains, but those will need to wait for the Multi-Maps to be added.

see post #17
Spoiler :
2010-202x

This is part 1 of Techs i believe need to be added to Transhuman Era. They are all required to meet the definition of Artificial intelligence.

(x78)
Cloud Computing
Requires Communication Networks AND Nanotechnology

(x79)

Digital Rights
Requires Cloud Computing

Gesture Recognition
Requires Cloud Computing AND Virtual Reality

Wearable Computers
also requires cloud Computing

Nuerotechnology
Requires Cloud Computing AND virtual Reality

(x80)
Speech Recognition
Gesture Recognition AND Wearable Computers

Complementary Vehicles
Magnetic Levitation AND Unmanned Air Vehicles AND Rapid Prototyping

Machine Learning
Cloud Computing AND Gesture Recognition

Theoretical Physics
Requires Superstring Theory AND Quantum Teleporatation

Biomathmatics
Cloud Computing AND Biofuels AND Cloning

Biomechanical Harvesting
Rapid Prototyping

(x81)

Military Robitics
Also Requires machine learning

Powered Exoskeleton
also requires Biomathmatics And biomechanical harvesting

Automated traffic
also requires Machine Learning

Controlled Plasma
Also requires Theoretical Physics

Micrormechanics
also requires Theoretical physics And Biomechanical Harvesting

brain machine interface
also requires Biomathmatics and nuerotechnology

Replacable organs
also requires biomathmatics

(x82)

Machine Vision
requires Augmented Reality And neurotechnology

TAEM Simulation
Machine Learning AND AND Brain Machine Interface

Affective Algorithms
Machine Learning AND brain machine Interface AND Speech Recognition

(x83)

Hypersonic flight
also requires augmented reality

Artificial intelligence
requires machine vision and TAEM Simulation AND Affective Algorithms

Thought Scanning
also requires Affective Algorithms

@MrAzure

2. What is "TAEM Simulation"?

Task Analysis, Environment Modeling, and Simulation (TAEMS or TÆMS)

It means to teach machines how to make decisions, make goals [as in what task to do next], and analyze its next move. The modeling and simulation part mean to teach the AI how to interact in its environment.

When you are a baby you have to learn how to interact with your envirloment and learn to male decisions and goals ( like where do i walk to next? and let me see that shiny toy). Its a requirement for Artificial intelligence.

Do you mean "Neurotechnology"?

Yes I do, i did a mispelling.

. Hows Theoretical Physics differ from Superstring Theory and/or Quantum Teleporatation?

Well Superstring Theory and Quantum Teleportation are specific sciences made that lead to the branch of science known Theoretical physics. Theoretical physics is "21 century" physics, and this discoveries are made by using mathematics then tested to see if they are true.

Other specific sciences include..
elementary particles
gravity
heat
new metals
new electricity
new magnetism

Theoretical physics is a branch of physics which employs mathematical models and abstractions of physics to rationalize, explain and predict natural phenomena

Just in case this are new concepts..

Affective algorithms
Affective computing is the study and development of systems and devices that can recognize, interpret, process, and simulate human affects. It is an interdisciplinary field spanning computer sciences, psychology, and cognitive science.[1] While the origins of the field may be traced as far back as to early philosophical enquiries into emotion,[2] the more modern branch of computer science originated with Rosalind Picard's 1995 paper[3] on affective computing.[4][5] A motivation for the research is the ability to simulate empathy. The machine should interpret the emotional state of humans and adapt its behaviour to them, giving an appropriate response for those emotions.

Biomathmatics
Mathematical and theoretical biology is an interdisciplinary scientific research field with a range of applications in biology, medicine and biotechnology.[1] The field may be referred to as mathematical biology or biomathematics to stress the mathematical side, or as theoretical biology to stress the biological side.

Biomechanical Harvesting
Biomechanical energy harvesting from human motion presents a promising clean alternative to electrical power supplied by batteries for portable electronic devices and for computerized and motorized prosthetics. We present the theory of energy harvesting from the human body and describe the amount of energy that can be harvested from body heat and from motions of various parts of the body during walking, such as heel strike; ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow joint motion; and center of mass vertical motion.

5. This is going to need a lot of new icon/buttons. Do you have any ideas for the art?

Yes i can provide the artwork, if you can provide me with the alpha channel you use for your buildings and techs. space and 4x games are my specialty (Galactic civ 2, armada 2526, Star ruler, Sins of a Solar Empire, AI War) so i know the artwork needed.

6. What about their costs?
Their costs should be similar to the techs in their X group.

Spoiler :
Art Work

They will all probably have to be cropped and edited to get the best picture.
Cloud Computing
Spoiler :

Gesture Recognition
Spoiler :

Digital Rights
Spoiler :

Neurotechnology
Spoiler :

Speech Recogniton
Spoiler :

Complementary Vehicles
Spoiler :

Machine Learning
Spoiler :

Theoretical Physics
Spoiler :

Biomathmatics
Spoiler :

Biomechanical Harvesting
Spoiler :

Augmented Reality
Spoiler :

Machine Vision
Spoiler :

TAEM Simulation
Spoiler :

Affective Algorithms
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
@ hydro
Art files uploaded

(x78)
Cloud Computing
Requires Communication Networks AND Nanotechnology
Same Cost As Space Tourism

(x79)

Digital Rights
Requires Cloud Computing
Same Cost as Cloning

Gesture Recognition
Requires Cloud Computing AND Virtual Reality
Same Cost as Cloning

Wearable Computers
also requires cloud Computing
Same Cost as Cloning

Nuerotechnology
Requires Cloud Computing AND virtual Reality
Same Cost as Cloning

(x80)
Speech Recognition
Gesture Recognition AND Wearable Computers
Same Cost as Biopunk

Complementary Vehicles
Magnetic Levitation AND Unmanned Air Vehicles AND Rapid Prototyping
Same Cost as Biopunk

Machine Learning
Cloud Computing AND Gesture Recognition
Same Cost as Biopunk

Theoretical Physics
Requires Superstring Theory AND Quantum Teleporatation
Same Cost as Biopunk

Biomathmatics
Cloud Computing AND Biofuels AND Cloning
Same Cost as Biopunk

Biomechanical Harvesting
requires Rapid Prototyping
Same Cost as Biopunk

(x81)

Military Robitics
Also Requires machine learning
Same cost as Military Robotics

Powered Exoskeleton
also requires Biomathmatics And biomechanical harvesting
Same cost

Automated traffic
also requires Machine Learning and Complementary Vehicles
Same cost

Controlled Plasma
Also requires Theoretical Physics
Same cost

Micrormechanics
also requires Theoretical physics And Biomechanical Harvesting
Same cost

brain machine interface
also requires Biomathmatics and nuerotechnology
Same cost

Replacable organs
also requires biomathmatics
Same cost

(x82)

Machine Vision
requires Augmented Reality And neurotechnology
cost between Military Robotics and Hyperspace flight

TAEM Simulation
Machine Learning AND AND Brain Machine Interface

Affective Algorithms
Machine Learning AND brain machine Interface AND Speech Recognition

(x83)

Hypersonic flight
also requires augmented reality
same

Artificial intelligence
requires machine vision and TAEM Simulation AND Affective Algorithms
same

Thought Scanning
also requires Affective Algorithms
same

same

Spoiler :
Civolopedia

Affective Algorithms
Affective computing is the study and development of systems and devices that can recognize, interpret, process, and simulate human affects. It is an interdisciplinary field spanning computer sciences, psychology, and cognitive science. While the origins of the field may be traced as far back as to early philosophical enquiries into emotion, the more modern branch of computer science originated with Rosalind Picard's 1995 paper on affective computing. A motivation for the research is the ability to simulate empathy. The machine should interpret the emotional state of humans and adapt its behaviour to them, giving an appropriate response for those emotions.

Augmented Reality
Augmented reality (AR) is a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data. It is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented) by a computer. As a result, the technology functions by enhancing one’s current perception of reality. By contrast, virtual reality replaces the real world with a simulated one.

Biomathmatics
Mathematical and theoretical biology is an interdisciplinary scientific research field with a range of applications in biology, medicine and biotechnology. The field may be referred to as mathematical biology or biomathematics to stress the mathematical side, or as theoretical biology to stress the biological side. It includes at least four major subfields: biological mathematical modeling, relational biology/complex systems biology (CSB), bioinformatics and computational biomodeling/biocomputing.

It is also very similar to the new field of algebraic biology. Mathematical biology aims at the mathematical representation, treatment and modeling of biological processes, using a variety of applied mathematical techniques and tools. It has both theoretical and practical applications in biological, biomedical and biotechnology research. For example, in cell biology, protein interactions are often represented as "cartoon" models, which, although easy to visualize, do not accurately describe the systems studied. In order to do this, precise mathematical models are required.

Biomechanical Harvesting
Biomechanical energy harvesting–generating electricity from people during daily activities–is a promising alternative to batteries for powering increasingly sophisticated portable devices. Effectively harvesting energy from walking requires a small lightweight device that efficiently converts intermittent, bi-directional, low speed and high torque mechanical power to electricity, and selectively engages power generation to assist muscles in performing negative mechanical work.

To achieve this, our device used a one-way clutch to transmit only knee extension motions, a spur gear transmission to amplify the angular speed, a brushless DC rotary magnetic generator to convert the mechanical power into electrical power, a control system to determine when to open and close the power generation circuit based on measurements of knee angle, and a customized orthopaedic knee brace to distribute the device reaction torque over a large leg surface area.

Cloud Computing
Instead of installing a suite of software for each computer, you'd only have to load one application. That application would allow workers to log into a Web-based service which hosts all the programs the user would need for his or her job. Remote machines owned by another company would run everything from e-mail to word processing to complex data analysis programs.

A cloud computing system, there's a significant workload shift. Local computers no longer have to do all the heavy lifting when it comes to running applications. The network of computers that make up the cloud handles them instead. Hardware and software demands on the user's side decrease. The only thing the user's computer needs to be able to run is the cloud computing system's interface software, which can be as simple as a Web browser, and the cloud's network takes care of the rest.

Complementary Cars
Potential future car technologies include varied energy sources and materials, which are being developed in order to make automobiles more energy efficient with reduced regulated emissions. Cars are being developed in many different ways. With rising gas prices, the future of the automobile is now leaning towards fuel efficiency, energy-savers, hybrid vehicles, battery electric vehicles, and fuel-cell vehicles.

Digital Rights
The term digital rights describes the protections that allow individuals to access, use, create, and publish digital media or to access and use computers, other electronic devices, or communications networks. The term is particularly related to the protection and realization of existing rights, such as the right to privacy or freedom of expression, in the context of new digital technologies, especially the Internet.

Gesture Recognition
Gesture recognition is a topic in computer science and language technology with the goal of interpreting human gestures via mathematical algorithms. Gestures can originate from any bodily motion or state but commonly originate from the face or hand. Current focuses in the field include emotion recognition from the face and hand gesture recognition. Many approaches have been made using cameras and computer vision algorithms to interpret sign language. However, the identification and recognition of posture, gait, proxemics, and human behaviors is also the subject of gesture recognition techniques.
Machine Learning
Machine learning, a branch of artificial intelligence, is a scientific discipline concerned with the design and development of algorithms that allow computers to evolve behaviors based on empirical data, such as from sensor data or databases.

A learner can take advantage of examples (data) to capture characteristics of interest of their unknown underlying probability distribution. Data can be seen as examples that illustrate relations between observed variables. A major focus of machine learning research is to automatically learn to recognize complex patterns and make intelligent decisions based on data; the difficulty lies in the fact that the set of all possible behaviors given all possible inputs is too large to be covered by the set of observed examples (training data). Hence the learner must generalize from the given examples, so as to be able to produce a useful output in new cases.

Machine vision
Machine vision (MV) is the process of applying a range of technologies and methods to provide imaging-based automatic inspection, process control and robot guidance in industrial applications. While the scope of MV is broad and a comprehensive definition is difficult to describe a generally accepted definition of machine vision is '... the analysis of images to extract data for controlling a process or activity. The primary uses for machine vision are automatic inspection and robot guidance. Common MV applications include quality assurance, sorting, material handling, robot guidance, and optical gauging.

Neurotechnology
Neurotechnology is any technology that has a fundamental influence on how people understand the brain and various aspects of consciousness, thought, and higher order activities in the brain.

It also includes technologies that are designed to improve and repair brain function and allow researchers and clinicians to visualize the brain. he field of neurotechnology has been around for nearly half a century but has only reached maturity in the last twenty years. The advent of brain imaging revolutionized the field, allowing researchers to directly monitor the brain’s activities during experiments.

Neurotechnology has made significant impact on society, though its presence is so commonplace that many do not realize its ubiquity. From pharmaceutical drugs to brain scanning, neurotechnology affects nearly all industrialized people either directly or indirectly, be it from drugs for depression, sleep, ADD, or anti-neurotics to cancer scanning, stroke rehabilitation, and much more.

Speech Recognition
Speech recognition (SR) is technology that can translate spoken words into text. Some SR systems use "training" where an individual speaker reads sections of text into the SR system. These systems analyze the person's specific voice and use it to fine tune the recognition of that person's speech, resulting in more accurate transcription. Systems that do not use training are called "Speaker Independent" systems. Systems that use training are called "Speaker Dependent" systems.

Speech recognition applications include voice user interfaces such as voice dialing (e.g., "Call home"), call routing (e.g., "I would like to make a collect call"), domotic appliance control, search (e.g., find a podcast where particular words were spoken), simple data entry (e.g., entering a credit card number), preparation of structured documents (e.g., a radiology report), speech-to-text processing (e.g., word processors or emails), and aircraft (usually termed Direct Voice Input).

TAEM Simulation
Task Analysis, Environment Modeling, and Simulation (TAEMS or TÆMS) is a problem domain independent modeling language used to describe the task structures and the problem-solving activities of intelligent agents in a multi-agent environment.
The modeling language represents a task structure so that an intelligent agent can reason about its potential actions in the context of its working environment. The intelligent agent needs to determine what goals can and should be achieved, and what actions are needed to achieve those goals. This includes determining the implications of those actions, and of actions performed by other agents in the environment.

The modeling language represents a task structure including the quantitative representation of complex task interrelationships, with the task structure model divided into generative, objective, and subjective viewpoints. The generative viewpoint describes the statistical characteristics required to generate the objective and subjective episodes in an environment; it is a workload generator. The objective viewpoint is the actual, real, instantiated task structures that are present in an episode. The subjective viewpoint is the view that the agents have of objective reality.

Theoretical Physics

Theoretical physics is a branch of physics which employs mathematical models and abstractions of physics to rationalize, explain and predict natural phenomena. The importance of mathematics in theoretical physics is sometimes emphasized by the expression "mathematical physics".

The advancement of science depends in general on the interplay between experimental studies and theory. In some cases, theoretical physics adheres to standards of mathematical rigor while giving little weight to experiments and observations.

In this spirit, I have a few ideas:

Tactile Holograms:
Using ultrasonic waves in 3D space to crescendo and resonate to create a physical feeling in the air.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-P1zZAcPuw
http://gizmodo.com/5044624/ultrasound-haptic-devices-can-project-tactile-shapes-into-thin-air

Genetic Algorithms -
A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search heuristic that mimics the process of natural evolution. This heuristic is routinely used to generate useful solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms belong to the larger class of evolutionary algorithms (EA), which generate solutions to optimization problems using techniques inspired by natural evolution, such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_algorithm

Neural Networks - or Artificial Neural Networks -
The term neural network was traditionally used to refer to a network or circuit of biological neurons. The modern usage of the term often refers to artificial neural networks, which are composed of artificial neurons or nodes. Thus the term has two distinct usages:

1. Biological neural networks are made up of real biological neurons that are connected or functionally related in a nervous system. In the field of neuroscience, they are often identified as groups of neurons that perform a specific physiological function in laboratory analysis.
2. Artificial neural networks are composed of interconnecting artificial neurons (programming constructs that mimic the properties of biological neurons). Artificial neural networks may either be used to gain an understanding of biological neural networks, or for solving artificial intelligence problems without necessarily creating a model of a real biological system. The real, biological nervous system is highly complex: artificial neural network algorithms attempt to abstract this complexity and focus on what may hypothetically matter most from an information processing point of view. Good performance (e.g. as measured by good predictive ability, low generalization error), or performance mimicking animal or human error patterns, can then be used as one source of evidence towards supporting the hypothesis that the abstraction really captured something important from the point of view of information processing in the brain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_network

Evolutionary Computation - or Programming -
In computer science, evolutionary computation is a subfield of artificial intelligence (more particularly computational intelligence) that involves combinatorial optimization problems.

Evolutionary computation uses iterative progress, such as growth or development in a population. This population is then selected in a guided random search using parallel processing to achieve the desired end. Such processes are often inspired by biological mechanisms of evolution.

As evolution can produce highly optimized processes and networks, it has many applications in computer science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_computation

Distributed Computing -
Distributed computing is a field of computer science that studies distributed systems. A distributed system consists of multiple autonomous computers that communicate through a computer network. The computers interact with each other in order to achieve a common goal. A computer program that runs in a distributed system is called a distributed program, and distributed programming is the process of writing such programs.

Distributed computing also refers to the use of distributed systems to solve computational problems. In distributed computing, a problem is divided into many tasks, each of which is solved by one or more computers. They communicate with each other by message passing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_computing

Personally, I think these ideas should be considered, as they all can lead to higher-process artificial intelligence and group consciousness / collective reasoning. Take these ideas to their potential and they could be future changing.

Top Bottom