C2C - Building Review Thread

If you are running out of room there are other punks we can add.

Gaiapunk =talk/control animals /animals get weapons attached for war against polluters /save mother nature
(hypothetical biochemistry, universal translator)

Nanopunk= nanotechnology warfare and Mechas rule the world
(Crysis, deus ex, metal gear solid)

Retropunk= how future was viewed in 1940s to 1970s aka golden age of science fiction

Retropunk is already covered in "Atompunk".

However I think Nanopunk should be added where cyberpunk use to be (near the end of the Trans-Human Era).

I'll add it tomorrow, there's lots of material for it.

We can add:
Genepunk : illegal genome hacking, mutants, clone rebellion, genetically modified fighters kill each other in hunger games style competition. Genetic supersoilders, genetic caste system with Alphas on top. Clones breed for their organs. Clones do all the hard labor. The rich can buy designer kids. The closest is probably G. I Joe movies, the movie The Island, the movie Cloud Atlas, I robot with Will Smith or Brave New World book by Huxley.

Isn't Genepunk just like Biopunk?

*shrugs* I don't want to get too many "punks" on there when we could just make them under normal future techs.

A "punk" should be a retro way of doing something ahead of its time.

Note that "retro" is relative the time your in. Such as Time Travel in the Trans-Human era. Its only retro to the Galactic Era and is futuristic to us now.

Kinda except Genepunk is set a lot farther in the future like 2250 and has postgender androgynous stuff while Biopunk is like 2055, but if we run out of room for Biopunk we can do a Genepunk. It's low priority.

Can someone pls explain why all these "camps" have a :mad: placed there? After all camps are made for "excess" animals in the area and besides there is a limit on the number anyone can kill per state law. Then i have a few others listed also?

Nope. It comes a few columns before in the Late Modern Era, while both punks are Early Trans-Human Era.

- Unmanned Air Vehicles = X80
- Biopunk = X83
- Cyberpunk = X84

Also it would give the term "Drones" a whole new meaning. ;)

Ok then. Could you change the prereq for the Cyberinsect Lab from NONE to UAV?

Nanopunk sounds fine, but I don't think there should be too many punks as well. We could use a punk in the classical/ancient era maybe.

Can someone pls explain why all these "camps" have a :mad: placed there? After all camps are made for "excess" animals in the area and besides there is a limit on the number anyone can kill per state law. Then i have a few others listed also?

I see someone has finally made it to the Modern Era. ;)

But yeah they were put in place for Poaching. If you have a better idea on how to represent this let me know.

Ok then. Could you change the prereq for the Cyberinsect Lab from NONE to UAV?

You made it. You chnage it. ;)

MrAzure,

are you still planning to make new or improved building buttons as listed by me here and here?

If you don´t have the time (or simply other plans) I would try to make some of them of my own. Seems that my very 1st attempt with the Seed Camp has made its way into the game by now :) (thank you, Hydro (?)), so it looks like I have done it right. Hey, my very 1st direct contribution to C2C :cooool: !

I do know though, that my buttons would never look as great as MrAzure´s...

Another question on the topic: Where in the SVN files do I find the current .dds buttons? It seems they are hidden somewhere, maybe in the FPK?

MrAzure,

are you still planning to make new or improved building buttons as listed by me here and here?

If you don´t have the time (or simply other plans) I would try to make some of them of my own. Seems that my very 1st attempt with the Seed Camp has made its way into the game by now :) (thank you, Hydro (?)), so it looks like I have done it right. Hey, my very 1st direct contribution to C2C :cooool: !

I do know though, that my buttons would never look as great as MrAzure´s...

Another question on the topic: Where in the SVN files do I find the current .dds buttons? It seems they are hidden somewhere, maybe in the FPK?

I am taking a break from my Modmod, to add Education property once I figure how to include stat changes to Techs, Buildings, Transhuman Stuff, and Electricity.

I think they are in C2C.fpk

Well use Google Images for buttons, and crop out the best part of an image . Also remember that for effect you can try different keywords.

If you can't find the. Dds, simply add a number to the end.

Seedcamp1.dds

We can just edit the Art Defines.

If you can't find the. Dds, simply add a number to the end.

Seedcamp1.dds

We can just edit the Art Defines.

Actually don't, it causes duplication and slow increase in mod size.

Just put your dds file in the folder names in the art defines and it will over write whatever currently exists in the FPKs no mater which one it is in. Then the folder gets added to the SVN and later when the FPKs are made they will be moved there.

Actually don't, it causes duplication and slow increase in mod size.

Just put your dds file in the folder names in the art defines and it will over write whatever currently exists in the FPKs no mater which one it is in. Then the folder gets added to the SVN and later when the FPKs are made they will be moved there.

I´ll have to ask the C2C modders anyhow to help me including the files as I have no writing rights to the SVN. I don´t want to waste your time unnecessarily so I can put the files in any folder structure that makes it simpler for you. Unfortunately I have no idea in which folder structure :blush: .
The button files seem to be all over the place. Some may be impossible for me to find, e.g. I found mostly by accident that the button for Farmscraper is called "condenser.dds". The button for "Centre for Cephaloid Studies" I couldn´t find at all (like many more), probably the info how that button is called is hidden (from me) somewhere in the XML.

I suggest to proceed as follows:

I have 2 types of buttons:

1. Buttons that already exist and are changed or improved by me. The ones I intend to work on are mostly in the FPK. I will give them the same name as the original files and post them together. I can try to write them in a folder structure but especially for the ones in the FPK I need some help in which.
  2. Duplicate buttons to which I create new ones. An original .dds file does not exist (I guess all the buildings call the same graphic file). I will give them a name like "cement_mill.dds" and post them together without a folder structure unless someone gives me a hint how to make it better.

I don´t want to keep anyone too much from improving this great mod by helping me and it is better if I take more time and you take less. But i feel that removing those duplicate buttons and improving some that are difficult to recognize really improves gameplay. I also won´t do all of the list(s), just the most important ones, at most 50 of them.

Sorry, I am just trying to make all our lives easier in the long term.

If you are modding buttons in the FPK and know what building they belong to then you can find the folder and name of the button in the art defines for that building. If you then create a file structure to match what is in the art defines file and put your button there it will overwrite what is in the FPK so you can test it. You can then zip up the whole folder bundle with just your buttons in it and post that here for a modder to put onto the SVN. Later it will be used to replace what is in the FPK.

If you are creating new buttons for buildings that don't have any yet, then they probably reuse another buildings art definition. You will need to add both the definition and the art as well as modify the building infos. Again keeping everything in the same folder structure with the same names makes it much easier to merge the XML.

Sorry, I am just trying to make all our lives easier in the long term.

If you are modding buttons in the FPK and know what building they belong to then you can find the folder and name of the button in the art defines for that building. If you then create a file structure to match what is in the art defines file and put your button there it will overwrite what is in the FPK so you can test it. You can then zip up the whole folder bundle with just your buttons in it and post that here for a modder to put onto the SVN. Later it will be used to replace what is in the FPK.

If you are creating new buttons for buildings that don't have any yet, then they probably reuse another buildings art definition. You will need to add both the definition and the art as well as modify the building infos. Again keeping everything in the same folder structure with the same names makes it much easier to merge the XML.

Thanks, I´ll do what I can and then test it in the game before posting.

You will need to add both the definition and the art as well as modify the building infos.

That seems to be beyond my skills but I´ll try anyway.

When I said art I meant button art and the XML so that the button is used. The art defines XML looks like
Code:
		<BuildingArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_[B]XXXXX[/B]</Type>
			<LSystem/>
			<bAnimated/>
			<fScale/>
			<fInterfaceScale/>
			<NIF>Art/empty.nif</NIF>
			<KFM/>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/[B]XXX[/B].dds</Button>
		</BuildingArtInfo>

then in the XML for the building you use the above as the art define and you can then see your art in game.

Thanks, I´ll do what I can and then test it in the game before posting.

The only thing you are editing is in Red.

Code:
<BuildingArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_XXXXX</Type>
			<LSystem/>
			<bAnimated/>
			<fScale/>
			<fInterfaceScale/>
			<NIF>Art/empty.nif</NIF>
			<KFM/>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/[COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="3"]XXX[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR].dds</Button>
		</BuildingArtInfo>

Actually not so.

If you are adding art (buttons) for buildings that share another buildings art you need to change both sets of Xs. You also need to add that art definition to the building if you can find it.

Naturally you don't have to bother with the XML for buildings that already have unique art.

Top Bottom