Is there any interest in an IntersiteDG

I've registered on civforum.de, same username as here.

And for those that don't know I'm that rare creature - a female civ player.
I'm also at civforum.de, once again as CommandoBob.

I am much less unique than Furiey is; male, overweight, underwashed and underpaid.

I would like to play in one Team with Lanzelot and TemplarX, but i (must) play DG :(

I'm sure, if we have at least one German speaker in each time, that would be sufficient. And I expect time involvement to be smaller in an SG type game than in a DG game. So if you would like to play in our team, there's no reason why you shouldn't. Just consider: you, templar, I. Larkin and myself, that would be the perfect "GOTM veteran" team. Should be fun.

WHAT???? NOBODY TOLD MEE!!!

Would you marry me??? Ahh wait, I am already married...darn... :D :D :D

Well, perhaps we can persuade Furiey to talk to our wifes, telling them how nice civilization actually is? I started a hotseat game with my wife about a year ago, but since then whenever I suggest continuing that game, she claims to have other urgent things to do..... :( :queen:

(Same problem with chess, btw... :crazyeye: )

Well, perhaps we can persuade Furiey to talk to our wifes, telling them how nice civilization actually is? I started a hotseat game with my wife about a year ago, but since then whenever I suggest continuing that game, she claims to have other urgent things to do..... :( :queen:

(Same problem with chess, btw... :crazyeye: )
Just remind them that at least they know where you are and what you're up to when you're playing!
It's not even an expensive addiction either, just think what you would spend going down the pub all the time. Don't mention the cost of the computer though - after all, none of us would upgrade our computer just to play civ, there's always a very serious reason for upgrading isn't there? :mischief:

Still going on here. That's fine. I can't have a look to often here, but meanwhile there is no need anymore for it.
The German will start creating teams if the settings are clear.
Let me see which questions still have to be answered:

1) pangaea or continent (I think the over options are out of discussion)
1b) If continent with or without island for some unique ressources?
2) How "big" would our world be. I think something between 60*60 to 80*80 tiles would be realistic.
3) Which Civs can be choosen? The discussion goes on, several ideas are given (No AA UU, no agriculture). Clear is we want a limitation, how fare we gonna see soon. Here is the link to this discussion (meanwhile a lot in english): http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=69802
4) Barbs?
I like them, they give the game more tension in the beginning. Of course there is the problem that only the last player can see there moves, but for the last team it's harder to research a new tech first, or to biuld a World Wunder. So this little bonus is okay for me.
I don't like playing without huts. They can generate first diplomatic problems.
5) accelerated production?
Please not. I don't think there is one german player who likes this option. But if you really want it, try to convince :D
6) where to post diplomatic issues?
We normally use "ambassador-forums", one for every two-team-constellation, only visible for the specific teams. In this game we would need 6 Forums or we use E-Mail. So that every team get an ambassador mailadress. For the referees using the forum would be more comfortable.
7) How would the save move from team to team and referee?
We still discuss the two last points in this thread: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=69895
8) Timelimitation?
We use a limit of 24 h for every turn and team. But there is also the possibility of saving some time for special moments (if there is special need of discussion). In the last game I think the maximum of saving time was three days 72 hours. And if you hold the save too long, the referees will end the turn without moving any unit, just clicking next turn.
9) The "rulebook"? Are there still some questions/wishes/comments?
Did I forget anything?

What technnology will allow teams to trade Territory Maps and World Maps?

• Printing Press
  • Map Making

I say map making. If it helps, I'll play on the SG team, though it might slow down play as I have very little free time.

What technnology will allow teams to trade Territory Maps and World Maps?

• Printing Press
  • Map Making

In Vanilla/PTW: Map Making enables "map trading" as well as "contact trading"
In C3C: Printing Presss enables "contact trading", Navigation enables "map trading"

Edit: sorry, I'm stupid. I just learned on the German forum that CommandoBob is asking whether we should enable map trading already for the ancient age...

Yes, I think that's a good idea!

SG: 3
DG: 9

:eek:

Memento, Chamnix: you can't leave your fellow GOTM buddies standing in the rain...! Gebt Euch einen Ruck... :)

Can I leave my fellow MTDG buddies standing in the rain? :)

I don't care that much - if one team really needs more people, then I would be willing to play on either.

:(
I was thinking briefly how happy I was splitting up Chamnix and Lanzelot on separate teams. These two guys can take on the world blind-folded and still win. I guess I won't be learning anything from Chamnix this game. :think:

Can I leave my fellow MTDG buddies standing in the rain? :)

They are not standing in the rain... ;)

Well, I think we need at least 5 players, otherwise the stress on each player is too high. Let's wait until Moff and Overseer have cast their vote. And perhaps Memento will still change his mind, when he sees the current situation.
If we are still lacking players then, we will try to convince Sparthage or you to switch to our colors... :D

(BTW: I didn't know you were active in the MTDG as well. So I guess I need to start reading the MTDG forums now...)

In order to get an overview I started a list of players willing to play for the Civfanatics teams (in order of their appearance in this thread):

1. Cyc (DG)
  2. Lanzelot (SG)
  3. TheOverseer714
  4. Eclipse4449 (DG)
  5. CommandoBob (DG)
  6. Calis (DG)
  7. Moff Jerjerrod
  8. Bowsling (DG)
  9. I. Larkin (SG)
  10. templar_x (SG)
  11. Chamnix (DG)
  12. Memento (DG)
  13. Sparthage (DG)
  14. AutomatedTeller (DG)

I think that a SC-team does not really fit into the idee of an DG. There should be 2 DG teams at CFC. If necessary they could be filled up with some additional members from civforum. This would also lead to teams of comparable sizes. At the moment it seems that there will be more participants from civforum than from CFC.

Welcomw Moff Jerjerrod!

How many total players are your 2 teams now sporting, justanick? Can you supply a list of names?

The SC style can work, although that team will probably have to nominate someone to deal with inter team diplomacy or it would get very confusing for the other teams being contacted by different people all the time. Not everyone wants to go through all the voting that comes with a DG style game and may just prefer to discuss and come to a consensus. Saying that, 3 players will leave the team very shorthanded so we really need more on that team.

Top Bottom