ALC Game 18 Pre-Game Thread: Playing as Isabella

Very good discussion thus far. I think I'll leave the "select a religion" option off.

I don't think we should eliminate Stonehenge as a possibility. I'm vacillating between pursuing an early religion or not; if I don't get one, I won't have religion to use for early culture. And don't dismiss those GP points out of hand, especially for a non-Philosophical leader, and with us talking about generating several GPs for our purposes.

I will try to get the starting position posted tonight.

I don't think we should eliminate Stonehenge as a possibility. I'm vacillating between pursuing an early religion or not; if I don't get one, I won't have religion to use for early culture. And don't dismiss those GP points out of hand, especially for a non-Philosophical leader, and with us talking about generating several GPs for our purposes.
I agree that Stonehenge will be useful but the Oracle/Theo sling is more important, and it's tricky to get both wonders with a non-Industrious leader. But if you get Stonehenge you don't have to worry about spreading religion to get your borders to pop.

One thing you could do is build both SHenge & Oracle BEFORE your second settler. That will give you a much higher chance of scoring both wonders AND you'll found Xtianity in your capital along with Hinjewism, creating a nice 3-headed hydra. :cooool:

^^ the problem with that is then it leaves him at an even greater disadvantage of having to catch up to the AI

Top Bottom