Just me? Or is Conquests extremely unstable?

10Seven

Intolerant of Intolerance
:confused:

Though no problems during normal gameplay, anything involving editing scenarios seems to guarantee.

Currently, out of 13 starts of an in-progress scenario - 3 crashes, and 10 'weird' events - looping error messages, re: missing animname_prto...

First time unit AIB
Second time unit M-60
third time unit SF
fourth time militia

And loop - sometimes, just for fun, the even repeat :goodjob:

The above is in addition to crashes at other times, and different scenario work :nuke: :cry:

Hmm, I seem to find most problems (crashes) in normal gameplay. Almost every game I start and play until the late Ancient times, I get a crash.

I find [c3c] to be very stable. Haven't had nary a problem (except for a non-compatable [ptw] Pop heads thing . . . )

Well, I guess you are just lucky. I don't but each time I start a new game I am under the impression that I will find a crash because all my previous games had crash bugs. :o

the main time 1.15b crashes out for me is when i sometimes double click on a leaderhead on the f4 screen or when i defeat a civ and click whats the big picture on the popup i get

Can you write down step by step what you're doing to cause the crash? Also, upload a save file.

Who're you suggesting that to Chieftess?

Originally posted by 10Seven
Who're you suggesting that to Chieftess?

Well from reading this thread I would hazard a guess at:

Yourself: 10Seven, and also Civrules and SolarKnight. :D

Myself (touch wood) I have had no problems with C3C. :)

EDIT:

Something that has just occurred to me - if you are having problems with C3C - get rid of all the programs you have running in the background.

If you do not know how to - post a reply and either myself or someone else will show you how to. :)

OK Chieftess.

1) I had just killed a civilisation, got the message "We have destroyed the fledgling (enter civ name here) " .

2)Clicked on Whats the big picture

3)I get returned to desktop

I dont have a save file, but if it happens again, ill post it up straight away.

I don't think that C3C is unstable (whatever patch may be concerned) since I am playing it constantly with a lot of programs in the background, as there are: firewall, antivirus, AOL (beta testing there as well...), Outlook, IE and Word. Seems to be a good combo to make any system unstable, but it doesn't.....

@10Seven: you should check your system for the latest drivers and upgrades, especially when using older versions of Windows.
Furthermore, check with the patches you use and make sure, that you have installed them in the correct order, if not using the latest (complete - that is ROW) 1.15 patch.

Top Bottom