Buildings that improve trade routes

steveg700

Deity
I notice that when examining my trade routes with other civilizations, it mentions "gold bonus from buildings". I'll invariably have 1, and the other civ will have way more--typically 4 or 8. Anyone know what gives here? I'm missing out on buildings, even in civ's where I've built pretty much everything? Does know exactly what buildings they're referring to? Is this some inherent AI bonus?

Caravansary for land routes, harbor for sea routes, market for all routes, East India Company for a single trading capital. Those spring to mind. They give different bonuses to routes connecting TO the city (made by other players) and routes originating FROM the city (made by the player who owns the buildings).

Easy India Company improves gold from incoming traded routes by +4 for the recipient Civ. Markets improve it by +2. I was able to get a really nice, long, substantial gold input as Morocco by putting a city in an otherwise violent continent and setting up shop with market and East India.

I believe there are only 2 buildings that increase outgoing trade route income: caravanseries and harbors. There are several buildings that increase incoming trade routes, however: markets, East India Trading Company, the Colossus, and... umm.. I think there are one or two more. Those are probably the ones that you see increasing the AI's income from routes you establish with them.

Caravansary gives extra gold.

Extra gold from the destination having a market.

Same goes for East India company.

Machu Picchu gives bonus to trade routes.

There's probably more.

Caravansary for land routes, harbor for sea routes, market for all routes, East India Company for a single trading capital. Those spring to mind. They give different bonuses to routes connecting TO the city (made by other players) and routes originating FROM the city (made by the player who owns the buildings).

In addition to those the Colossus increases gold for sea trade routes.

Top Bottom