varialbes that control AI wonders hoarding?

Aciv4playerA

Chieftain
not sure if this has been asked.

is there a variable somewhere that i can tweak to adjust the AI from hoarding wonders? besides limiting/adjusting the max_wonder_per_city.

thanks!

No. The AI production choose is hardcoded into the DLL. What do you want to achieve exactly?

No. The AI production choose is hardcoded into the DLL. What do you want to achieve exactly?

Preventing wonder-hogs like Ramses II, Gandhi, and Louis XIV from spending more time building Wonders than actually playing the game I imagine :lol:

(As an example, Mr 5-city Gandhi in my game was actually building a wonder in four of his five cities earlier, and has been getting wonder after wonder while sitting happily vassalized in a corner, magically shielded from aggression)

Preventing wonder-hogs like Ramses II, Gandhi, and Louis XIV from spending more time building Wonders than actually playing the game I imagine :lol:

(As an example, Mr 5-city Gandhi in my game was actually building a wonder in four of his five cities earlier, and has been getting wonder after wonder while sitting happily vassalized in a corner, magically shielded from aggression)

Better if you provide logs or savegame showing AI building Wonders when they are supposed to be protecting their interests.
Your example say that Gandhi took advantage of quiet corner. It is too bad he grabs Wonders but that is the point, yes? Maybe he knows he can't win a Victory so he decide to rob other players of Wonders to make lives harder for them? :lol:
Better if you provide an example where AI build Wonders that doing so imperils their chances at winning a Victory.
Just my two cents ;).

let me ask a different question:

if I 1) check the "unlimited wonder" option when customizing a game, and 2) set max_wonder_per_city to be 8 for example in the gobaldefines, what will happen? Do I (and the AIs) get build an unlimited number of wonders (both ww and nw) per city, or up to 8 wonders per city?

let me ask a different question:

if I 1) check the "unlimited wonder" option when customizing a game, and 2) set max_wonder_per_city to be 8 for example in the gobaldefines, what will happen? Do I (and the AIs) get build an unlimited number of wonders (both ww and nw) per city, or up to 8 wonders per city?

Unlimited wonders overrides any xml value, so it's option 1)

Better if you provide logs or savegame showing AI building Wonders when they are supposed to be protecting their interests.
Your example say that Gandhi took advantage of quiet corner. It is too bad he grabs Wonders but that is the point, yes? Maybe he knows he can't win a Victory so he decide to rob other players of Wonders to make lives harder for them? :lol:
Better if you provide an example where AI build Wonders that doing so imperils their chances at winning a Victory.
Just my two cents ;).

I think it's just more in their coding than any sort of grand logic on their part. The three leaders I listed tend to be - at least in BTS - very fond of building wonders. They'll prioritize it at times because the "weighting" on their AI favors Wonders over other things - for Gandhi this is especially the case (Unless AND or BetterAI touched something, Gandhi's Military Production weighting is 0 as an example)

Anyway that's why I listed those three leaders in particular, since I figured that's what the OP was referring to - AI leaders that loved to build wonders and would devote a single city or two cities to wonder spam.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13774389 said:
Also Wonder limit is set in CultureInfo.XML not in globaldefines

Could you tell me where is the CultureInfo.XML located? Do you mean CIV4CultureLevelInfo.XML under the GameInfo folder?

If so, I could not find any variable in that file that controls wonder limit.

thx!

Could you tell me where is the CultureInfo.XML located? Do you mean CIV4CultureLevelInfo.XML under the GameInfo folder?

If so, I could not find any variable in that file that controls wonder limit.

thx!

yes, that's the file, you can see

<iMaxWorldWonders>0</iMaxWorldWonders>
<iMaxTeamWonders>0</iMaxTeamWonders>
<iMaxNationalWonders>0</iMaxNationalWonders>

for every cultural level.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13780642 said:
yes, that's the file, you can see

<iMaxWorldWonders>0</iMaxWorldWonders>
<iMaxTeamWonders>0</iMaxTeamWonders>
<iMaxNationalWonders>0</iMaxNationalWonders>

for every cultural level.

So the wonder limit depends on the culture level of the city? Learning something new everyday.

A couple of follow up questions (because i am quite confused by the wonder mechanism in this MOD):
1. Is this also true when "realistic culture spread" is unchecked? I saw Afforess's comments "Used only for Realistic Culture Spread Option comments in [this] file".

2. If my memory serves, corporate HQs and Shrines are also counted as wonders? Right?

3. And i suppose they count as world wonders. Right?

4. If both iMaxWorldWonders and iMaxNationalWonders are both set to 5 under culture level X, does that mean i can build 5 WWs and 5 NWs per city (i.e., a total of 10 wonders per city), or does that mean i can build a total of 5 wonders per city (e.g., 3 WWs + 2 NWs).

thanks!

@Aciv4playerA
1) AFAIK yes. Maybe you skip those levels, but true for the rest.

2 and 3) Shrines are WWs with a +1 WW capacity. So if your limit is 5 and the shrine is the 5th you'll be able to build a 6th WW in the city. NWs are not included.
Corp HQs are no wonders iirc.

4) That's 5 WW and 5 NW.

@Aciv4playerA

2 and 3) Shrines are WWs with a +1 WW capacity. So if your limit is 5 and the shrine is the 5th you'll be able to build a 6th WW in the city. NWs are not included.
Corp HQs are no wonders iirc.

However it also means you can't build the Shrine if your'e already at the limit

However it also means you can't build the Shrine if your'e already at the limit

Shrines have the <bNoLimit> tag turned on, so you can build them in a city that's maxed out on Wonders. This tag is normally only used for the Palace (so you can rebuild it in a city that is already at its National Wonder limit), but it can work on any building.

Shrines have the <bNoLimit> tag turned on, so you can build them in a city that's maxed out on Wonders. This tag is normally only used for the Palace (so you can rebuild it in a city that is already at its National Wonder limit), but it can work on any building.

Didn't know that, good to know though!

I can't really remember... But I could have sworn I wanted to use a GP for something in a city that already had a full set of wonders, but it refused to. Might have been a Corporation then.

Could very well be I'm remembering things wrong though :crazyeye:

Didn't know that, good to know though!

I can't really remember... But I could have sworn I wanted to use a GP for something in a city that already had a full set of wonders, but it refused to. Might have been a Corporation then.

Could very well be I'm remembering things wrong though :crazyeye:

Corporations are still bound by limits. Shrines are immune because you cannot control which city will become the Holy City and I don't want lockout to ever happen. You can always pick another city for a Corporation.

If i could make a suggestion, it would be nice to document these in the civpedia. It is hard for someone to just figure all this out by him/herself. Planning out where to build the wonders is a big part of game playing.

I think the MOD is great in general. Besides flushing out all the bugs, the civpedia and in-game instruction is another major area that the MOD can use some improvement. The in-game info has many mistakes (like building a shipyard "actually adds xx hammers" but it actually does not).

Thank you for all the help here. The culture xml was the controlling document and changing it has made a huge difference in my gameplay. Prevents the runaway AI that scoops up all the wonders.
Really appreciate it.

Top Bottom