Enhanced Tech Conquest Mod by Zappara

I'm going to assume yes. I was deliberately avoiding Smithing in my revent game because I felt it was going to obsolete my Praetorians, so I wanted to get as many of those lovely free promotions as I could so I could upgrade them later before the end of their era.

Well, it said I had around 16 turns to research it. After my conquest of Ethopia - of which almost every city claimed "You learned some of the secrets of Smithing" it said I could research it in one turn.

A while back, we put in extra unit upgrade paths to most UU's with free promotions just to allow you to build them longer. Praetorians and Jaguars upgrade to Swordsmen OR Heavy Swordsmen specifically so that you can build them until you get Armor Crafting; once you get Smithing, you can still build your Light Swordsman-class UU and immediately upgrade it to Swordsman, keeping its free promos. I was just wondering if you knew that.

A while back, we put in extra unit upgrade paths to most UU's with free promotions just to allow you to build them longer. Praetorians and Jaguars upgrade to Swordsmen OR Heavy Swordsmen specifically so that you can build them until you get Armor Crafting; once you get Smithing, you can still build your Light Swordsman-class UU and immediately upgrade it to Swordsman, keeping its free promos. I was just wondering if you knew that.

After I had just short of a hundred Praetorians running around I finally grabbed Smithing and saw I could still train them - so I did find that out but didn't know that at the time. It's good to know that most UU's can stick around a touch longer than they usually do <3

On that note though, part of me thinks the Incan UU should be a Javelineer or something instead. Not sure if it'd throw balance out or not though.

Just wanted to stop in and say Thank you to the Modding team for your support and understanding why I wanted this Option kept intact.

So Thank you AND Team. :D

JosEPh

Top Bottom