AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

love this mod but wish the stack attack was fixed, seems to be crippling a few things, dont understand?

Stack unit code isn't well written to be honest but it is not from this mod but from the whole unit code that BtS team wrote up. At least that's way I understand it.

Hello I'm just here to report a bug I found in this mod. The problem is when I enter my own custom Civ Adjective, the game turns it back to the default Civ adjective when the game starts and there's no way for me to change it in the game. For example, I would make my Civ adjective "Rangerblitzan" (this is really just an example) and choose Spain with Isabella as my civ but when the game starts I'm the "Spanish Tribe" instead of "Rangerblitzan Tribe". I hope this will get fixed soon cause I'm really used to using my custom name and I've been doing that in an older version of ROM:AND too. Also, what happened to the option of choosing your religion when creating a custom game? I used to play an older version of this mod and the option was there, I just updated today so I don't know if it's a bug or if it was removed.

P.S. I tried changing the name through the pause menu>your details and that doesn't work, just incase someone was going to suggest that

We're aware of the name problem, it will be solved sooner or later. As for that religion option, it's been removed months ago because AND religions are different from each other and picking a religion gives unintended advantages, it's unfair and unbalance the game.

Okay then, awesome, good to hear it will get fixed soon. And yea that makes complete sense; that never crossed my head before. Thanks for such a quick reply!

Stack unit code isn't well written to be honest but it is not from this mod but from the whole unit code that BtS team wrote up. At least that's way I understand it.

I was wondering if he was referring to the Stack Attack from the Game Options menu, or the AI stacks attacking with one unit per turn from their stack :)

I never used the Stack Attack option, so I wouldn't be aware of problems with it - but there's still problems with the AI actually attacking with their stacks.

I was wondering if he was referring to the Stack Attack from the Game Options menu, or the AI stacks attacking with one unit per turn from their stack :)

I never used the Stack Attack option, so I wouldn't be aware of problems with it - but there's still problems with the AI actually attacking with their stacks.

I'm using the second sense of Stack. In general, suppose they understand how to order actions in each stack? For example, order siege and archers to bombard, but because it's a computer, it can calculate how many units should bombard according to combo of opposing unit(s), then attack as usual in ONE turn. And suppose the city or the leader understand how to combine stack in specific ways to maximize stack power before sending the stack on a mission?

i always play with stack attack on, in the game settings. when i travel around with my stack of doom sometimes it's nice to just launch them at a city rather than attacking 50 times by hand... when try to attack with a group, the first unit attacks then they stop. i was thinking that this may be why the AI is doing the same thing in other people's reports. the function works fine in base game and MNAI, rife, planetfall etc. there may also be a further setting that i'm not aware of, but to be fair i look in all the advanced settings for bug mod. maybe the ai is confused like myself? :D

I install the game. (BTS 3.19)
I download and install the mod ( and2_full_installer_2015-04_rev955.exe )
I select Civ4BeyondSword.exe when the mod's launcher prompts me for the executable.
I make the launcher update the mod.
I launch the game via the mod's launcher.

And it crashes in like 5 seconds with the usual "stopped working" Windows error message:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.3.1
Application Timestamp: 48317e8a
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5534bb92
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000f8ac3

When I launch the vanilla game everything is fine.
If I enable the mod from the game it crashes the same way.

I tried switching from the default Hungarian to English, but I get the same results.

I install the game. (BTS 3.19)
I download and install the mod ( and2_full_installer_2015-04_rev955.exe )
I select Civ4BeyondSword.exe when the mod's launcher prompts me for the executable.
I make the launcher update the mod.
I launch the game via the mod's launcher.

And it crashes in like 5 seconds with the usual "stopped working" Windows error message:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.3.1
Application Timestamp: 48317e8a
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5534bb92
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000f8ac3

When I launch the vanilla game everything is fine.
If I enable the mod from the game it crashes the same way.

I tried switching from the default Hungarian to English, but I get the same results.

Emphasis mine. Find the 3.1.9 patch in the CFC downloads area and install it. Then try the mod again. The in-game patcher is broken, you need to download the patch from CFC.

Latest patch is 3.1.9, not 3.1.3

Emphasis mine. Find the 3.1.9 patch in the CFC downloads area and install it. Then try the mod again. The in-game patcher is broken, you need to download the patch from CFC.

Latest patch is 3.1.9, not 3.1.3

Wow, you were so right. I figured that the "Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0" meant my version number was okay. Thank you so much!

Time to do a 2day A New Dawn Marathon :king:

In my first game I could see all the resource icons. Had to take a break, I closed the game client, loaded my previous game, and some resource icons went missing.

I started a new game, and I can only see Dyes and Gems for some reason. I can't see Wheat, Obsidian, Sheep, Silver and so on.

In the previous game it was other icons I couldn't see.

I tried toggling on and off the button near the minimap, I tried reloading, but it didn't help. I had to exit to the main menu, and reload from there. Now I can see everything, but if I reload the game from the game then the mentioned resource icons disappear again.

In a different game I can only see Wine. The problem seems to stem from reloading from a game and not from the main menu.

@AdamMorva
I think that's a known "feature ". Zoom out to the max so you can choose which type of resources to be displayed (food / strategic / luxury / all).

Sok sikert és jó játéko! :)

ROM-AND2 (not turtle thingy version) launcher rev 1.19, mod rev 996, blue marble, no modules or mod-mods added. (wanted to add music module but install instructions on the DL page differ from read-me in folder so until I clearly understand *which* instructions to follow - won't install). Large map, snail sped, in medieval era. CTD every turn now... (was every 5 or 7 turns before). PC two years old, 4 cores, nvidia card, win7 professional. Clueless how to get save game to you.

Oh, installed to default location (as per recommendations of installer).

FAQ not cover this. Is CTD no matter how many times reload something others got? Ony thing I did was change stacking to 4 units per square mid game... (actually, I'm sure I started with it - but somewhere along the way, game unchecked it).

What recommend I do? Thanks you all...

ROM-AND2 (not turtle thingy version) launcher rev 1.19, mod rev 996, blue marble, no modules or mod-mods added. (wanted to add music module but install instructions on the DL page differ from read-me in folder so until I clearly understand *which* instructions to follow - won't install). Large map, snail sped, in medieval era. CTD every turn now... (was every 5 or 7 turns before). PC two years old, 4 cores, nvidia card, win7 professional. Clueless how to get save game to you.

FAQ not cover this. Is CTD no matter how many times reload something others got? Ony thing I did was change stacking to 4 units per square mid game... (actually, I'm sure I started with it - but somewhere along the way, game unchecked it).

Save games are usually in the My Games folder, you can upload them with the Manage Attachments feature :)

Units Per Tile if I recall has issues with low unit numbers like that, but if you disabled it and still is crashing then I have no idea.

Set 0 units per tile, which stands for unlimited and see if it crashes again. I suggest avoiding less than 10-15 units per tile

I've been getting a lot of crashes lately. I've attached a save from the most recent one. I'm on the most recent revision as of today. Game closes without an error message when I end the first turn. I've tried it 3 times with the same result.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-6000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    526.2 KB · Views: 27
ROM-AND2 (not turtle thingy version) launcher rev 1.19, mod rev 996, blue marble, no modules or mod-mods added. (wanted to add music module but install instructions on the DL page differ from read-me in folder so until I clearly understand *which* instructions to follow - won't install).

DL page is correc. I was lasy to update the read me file, sorry. You can install it without fear, since it has no performance effec. And the worst thing that can happen to you is not getting any new music :)

Last update of the game:

i think that the last update you made destroyed the NPC i play on Hard but the NPC can not be strong anymore his capital city is after 1200 turns only 3 or 4 because of much unhapppynes, i know you wanted to make it for the players harder but it is easier now because i know what to research and what to produce to fix my happynes but the computer doesnt know it.

Top Bottom