A New Dawn Beta Builds

LATEST REVISION AND EVERYTHING YOU NEED CAN BE FOUND HERE
Spoiler :

OUTDATED INFO: EDIT BY 45°: THE LAST BETA VERSION OFFICIALLY RELEASED BY AFFORESS CAN BE FOUND INSIDE THE SPOILER (AND2 BETA2), BUT IT'S OBSOLETE NOW AT LEAST UNTIL A NEW BETA VERSION WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE BY THE AND RESURRECTION TEAM. THE MOST UP-TO-DATE VERSION CAN NOW BE FOUND VIA SVN, HERE: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11537758&postcount=6
I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU USE THE LATEST SVN VERSION INSTEAD OF THE BETA VERSION

Spoiler :

A New Dawn Beta Builds​
The official development thread for A New Dawn.

A New Dawn 2.0 Beta 2

Changelog:
  • Brand new installer, written by me.*
  • AI improvements, courtesy of AIAndy & Koshling
  • Performance Improvements, courtesy of AIAndy & Koshling
  • Building/Unit filters in the city screen, courtesy of AIAndy
  • Removed sulpher
  • Removed Ammo + Ammo Factory
  • Fixed several broken text keys
  • Added short strategy/description text for all civics
  • Updated with bug fixes and tweaks courtesy of Koshling.
  • CTD fixes
  • AI is encouraged to build Nukes

Known Issues:
  • Mountaineering artwork is broken (HELP! I don't have the files!)
  • Pacifism civic strategy text is wrong (Fixed in SVN, for next release)
  • Paradise civic strategy text typo (Fixed in SVN, for next release)

Note: 1.75 saves should work with 2.0, due to Koshling's superb new save format, HOWEVER, I suggest for the full experience, you start over. ;)

I've written a custom installer with C# myself for 2.0. It will find your mods directory for you (or let you choose, if you so desire), and should be much smaller and faster than the previous one.

I have excluded the extra civilizations, soundtrack, and movies for this release. 2.0 Final will have both a "Lite" release with No extra civs, No soundtrack, and No movies approximately the same size as this one, and a full release with all the extra content. ;)

ALSO: I know the artwork for Mountaineering is broken. I could not find the proper artwork on my computer. If you have a copy, please send me a copy. :)

Download RAND 2.0 Beta 2

SVN: https://anewdawn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/anewdawn
Players and Modders can view the most up to date files and source code, as well as create their own installers, if necessary.

How to access the SVN & Build an installer:
(The first time is a bit time-consuming, but relatively straightforward. It will be much faster next time.)
Spoiler :

1. Download TortoiseSVN (google it)
  2. Install it
  3. Create a folder with whatever name you want it to be
  4. Right-click it and you should find an option called SVN Checkout.
  5. Paste in "https://anewdawn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/anewdawn/Trunk"
  6. Wait until whole thing is downloaded
  7. Click OK
  8. Now right-click that folder again, and go to TortoiseSVN, and go to the submenu and go down to Export.
  9. Export to somewhere else in your machine.
  10. Download Installjammer, the free open source tool used to create the A New Dawn installer
    (http://www.installjammer.com/download)
  11. Install Installjammer and launch it.
  12. In the file menu, select "Open"
  13. Change the box in the lower right corner from "InstallJammer Project Files" to "All Files".
  14. Navigate to the location of the "A New Dawn Install Script" and open it. It will take a few seconds to load (It's pretty large)
  15. In the "Build Installers" tab, select "Build Install" It will appear like Installjammer has frozen. This is normal. Wait about 5 minutes, then a progress bar should appear, and 5 more minutes later, it will complete. (Packing ~250 mb takes time)
  16. Run the installer!

:cheers::woohoo: on the forum!

Congrats on the forum :)

Are Beta's no longer released? I see updates to the content of the beta but never a beta :(

Are Beta's no longer released? I see updates to the content of the beta but never a beta :(

That is probably because Afforess is in alpha mode at the moment. He knows what he is adding and is testing it enough so that when it goes into beta most of the silly mistakes will not be there :)

That is probably because Afforess is in alpha mode at the moment. He knows what he is adding and is testing it enough so that when it goes into beta most of the silly mistakes will not be there :)

Spot on. ;)

Whoa more speed boost ?:eek:
Just a little request, i tried to played with both AND 1.53, and ROME 3.0.2(or 3, i forgot).
And it seems there's a compatibility issues. I'll try tonight, if AND 1.54 and ROME 3.0.5 will be a success.But just in case if it doesn't, would you try to made it compatible?

Whoa more speed boost ?:eek:
Just a little request, i tried to played with both AND 1.53, and ROME 3.0.2(or 3, i forgot).
And it seems there's a compatibility issues. I'll try tonight, if AND 1.54 and ROME 3.0.5 will be a success.But just in case if it doesn't, would you try to made it compatible?

Yes, another speed boost. (Not as significant as RoM -> AND, but still a 15% boost is worth something, yes?)

I'll look into that, It says ROME is compatible, but... Thank for the heads up.

A New Dawn Beta Builds​

The official development thread for A New Dawn. All the latest and cutting edge features are here.

Current Build Version:None

New Features:

• Barbarian Generals Gameoption

Is this a "gain GG points when fighting barbarians" mod?

more speed? :dubious: how??? is this eventually going to be almost as fast as BtS

About ROME compatibility: hell yes! :D

I just modded to eliminate the animals' "giving" of xp over the limits as I think it is OP and unrealistic. Other than that rule, I'm playing with all of it.

Is this a "gain GG points when fighting barbarians" mod?

Yes, that is the very same one.

more speed? :dubious: how??? is this eventually going to be almost as fast as BtS

He convinced Montgomery Scott to help.

I thought he was already giving all she's got!

You can read the gritty details here, if you really care, but I did get another speed boost. When I said my goal was a game faster than base BTS, I wasn't kidding. :p

(Scotty got out to help push...)

He convinced Montgomery Scott to help.

Beam me up Scotty on the lightning fast AND modmod!
wait, Scotty is the guy who can beam you to the other side of the universe and be within a picometre of the location right?

I have not had any problems with ROME and AND, I do not use the ROME rules as I have my own :). All the unit graphics are causing me some problems so I will probably have to drop them also.

Top Bottom