art question: borrowing flames feature?

davidlallen

Deity
This should be easy, but I cannot quite figure it out. I would like to use the flames feature in a standalone mod. So, I packaged up the flame feature and all the files in art/terrain/features/flames, and copied it into an empty mod. I replaced the fallout feature with flames, using the flames artdef. This includes fScale = 30.

When I start up the empty mod and go into worldbuilder, I can place the flames feature (using the fallout icon). But, there is no visible effect. When I mouseover the plot, it says there is a flame feature. It's just that it seems to be invisible.

I can see the flame feature fine when I play FFH. I have successfully borrowed many other things from FFH, including the ring of fire effect, some units, etc. So I know how to copy files around. I searched in the ffh forums for "tribalvillage" (which is the name of the underlying nif) and one hit said to try fScale = 45. I tried that and it did not make any difference.

I have attached the simple mod. I am sure there is something I have overlooked, but I cannot tell what. Can anybody help me to spot the error?

Attachments

• flametest.zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 70
Solved. The nif calls an attachable effect which I had not copied, ATTACHABLE_FLAMES. It is defined in misc/civ4effectinfos.xml. I copied the few lines of xml and the one related file, and it works.

Top Bottom