More music

MoreMusic 1.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1hcouc4behkdwr/MoreMusic.rar

-added .ini file to support Dblbk's installer
-added 7 music to Medieval era from Heroes4, length 17:02 altogether
-added 9 music to Renaissance era from Cossacks2; length 26:01 altogether
-added 12 music to Industrial era from Panzer General 2 and 3, length 41:24 altogether
-added 5 music to Modernera from GTA1, length 32:15 altogether

Now I consider this addon final and feel no need to add any more music :)
I am only gonna update the XML files, to match the main mod as needed.

@Dblbk:
Renaming the folder "NEW" to "Addon_audio" is no good idea, since the AudioDefines.xml points to folder "NEW"
Forexample:
<Filename>Sounds\NEW\Transhuman\Tiberian Sun - Packing Iron</Filename>

If the renaming is neccesary I will have to change every entry. Is it needed?

No it's not really needed. Forget about it ! I will upload your file on sourceforge so you won't have to full your dropbox with that.
Thanks for the update !

I would LoooooooVE to use both of you guys mods but I ended up corrupting both BTS and RoM when I tried to use them.

I have not seen any other feedback from anyone on these threads about these mods so I believe that people who may try to install these and fail just uninstall and move on without comment. It is no fun having to spend hours uninstalling, updating and restoring the whole game. And yes I can agree that mistakes made are 99% user error but it doesn't matter whose fault it is, bad is bad.

@oldnoob
Could you give one more try to the addon? I remember you could install it properly once - when you heard only the main title changed - that time it was my fault music not being played despite good instalation, but that bug I changed long ago.
Use this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1hcouc4behkdwr/MoreMusic.rar
Just extract and copy the assets folder to your RomAnd folder.

Ok I placed the more music folder into the RoM-AND /assets folder.

Results to follow.

Okay. Thank you :)

Your instal is good if you are asked "Do you want to overwrite 3 xml files?"

There is an easy way ingame, to change the music currently played:
Go to BUG otptions and change your civ's colour. Every time you change it, a new random music file is picked from that era.

I hope you will enjoy it :)

Bad install, no questions asked.

How I did it: I placed the zip inside the and assets folder and unzipped it there in it's own folder which was named More Music.
I have done this same procedure with other games many times over the years. It is convenient for me as I then store the zip in that same folder so I don' t lose it.

Just a noob question please, I do not understand the difference if I extract the zip on say the desktop which produces a folder named More Music. Or if I extract the zip inside the mod assets folder which produces a folder labeled More Music.

In my mind moving the folder from the desktop to the assets folder is a time consuming extra step which sometimes takes several tries as I am not always as "attentive" as I need to be with the mouse.
So what is the difference?

Bad install, no questions asked.

How I did it: I placed the zip inside the and assets folder and unzipped it there in it's own folder which was named More Music.
I have done this same procedure with other games many times over the years. It is convenient for me as I then store the zip in that same folder so I don' t lose it.

Okay. What you need to do is this:

Your folders look like this?
Rom-And\Assets\Moremusic\Assets right?

You need to move the second assets (in blue)folder to your Rom-And folder, thus "overwriting" the first assets folder. Actually you won't completely overwrite it, only the differences, namely the 3 xml files.

Ok I may have it.
I would suggest that your install instruction would read" unzip the More Music .zip into your RoM-AND folder".
I think that the zip should only contain the assets folder not a folder called More Music containing the assets folder". this would automatically overwrite the RoM-AND /assets folder therefore properly installing your mod.
I will keep you posted.

Update, Well it's finally working. I am in mid game, industrial, and I am enjoying the new music mix. It is refreshing and a bit comical. Thank you for this mod and your patience with an Oldnooob.

Ok I may have it.
I would suggest that your install instruction would read" unzip the More Music .zip into your RoM-AND folder".
I think that the zip should only contain the assets folder not a folder called More Music containing the assets folder". this would automatically overwrite the RoM-AND /assets folder therefore properly installing your mod.
I will keep you posted.

Update, Well it's finally working. I am in mid game, industrial, and I am enjoying the new music mix. It is refreshing and a bit comical. Thank you for this mod and your patience with an Oldnooob.

Ooops... I discovered only recently (and accidently) that you have edited this post.

I am happy it works now and you like it.

Because Resca was speaking of it, I made a little research and finnaly found these 3 units in Multiverse mod :)

Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG

Download:

Dinosaurs are back!

Features:
-adds 3+1 dinosaur units to animal category
-T-Rex is very strong
-Velociraptos is average
-Triceratops is mid-strong, but deffend only (it is a herbivore), can be subdued
-Subdued Triceratops is half as strong as is wild counterpart and can hurry food or hammers
-all 3 spawn on jungle plots

Because Resca was speaking of it, I made a little research and finnaly found these 3 units in Multiverse mod :)

View attachment 377173

Download:

Dinosaurs are back!

Features:
-adds 3+1 dinosaur units to animal category
-T-Rex is very strong
-Velociraptos is average
-Triceratops is mid-strong, but deffend only (it is a herbivore), can be subdued
-Subdued Triceratops is half as strong as is wild counterpart and can hurry food or hammers
-all 3 spawn on jungle plots

:lol:

Woe be to any scouts who happen upon those units!

:lol:

Woe be to any scouts who happen upon those units!

Actually it is only the TRex extra-dangeorus.
The raptor was an average Str and the Trico has Str6, but cannot attack.

I hope you (and others too) will enjoy it :king:

Actually it is only the TRex extra-dangeorus.
The raptor was an average Str and the Trico has Str6, but cannot attack.

I hope you (and others too) will enjoy it :king:

The raptor only has a strength rating of 1, so that's not exactly average :lol:

I poked around in the XML (I like tinkering with things :) ) to adjust it to my liking, and to get used to making XML modifications, and was very happy to see the changes being reflected in-game and without things being broken in the process :lol:

The changes I made to my files were:

Tyrannosaurus
*Strength lowered from 9 to 7
*Unable to enter Swamp tiles
*Removed the defense penalties against Javelineers and Spearmen, reduced defense penalty against Pikemen and H. Pikemen to -25%
*Added +25% Attack to Grassland and Plains tiles

Velociraptor
*Strength increased from 1 to 2
*Added +7% Withdrawal chance
*Added +15% Jungle attack

Would be fun to get a dinosaur of my own into the game, but that would require working with model and animation files - not something I know anything about :lol:
Is fun enough just playing with these though :)

While poking around with World Builder spawned dinos though, I found they can't move onto certain tiles - like ones with Tribal Villages or resources on them (Iron, gold, silk, etc...) or share a tile with another friendly unit. I figure this is because of their Animal tag, but I wouldn't know since I've only ever spawned a few animal-type units before, and all I could find was they were disallowed from entering civilized borders. I never saw those other two situations before heh.
Not a problem since the two carnivores won't ever be under player control anyway, it's just something new I noticed ^^

I am open to aply any changes requested. So let's start discussing things :)

The raptor only has a strength rating of 1, so that's not exactly average :lol:

I poked around in the XML (I like tinkering with things :) ) to adjust it to my liking, and to get used to making XML modifications, and was very happy to see the changes being reflected in-game and without things being broken in the process :lol:

The changes I made to my files were:

Tyrannosaurus
*Strength lowered from 9 to 7
I think a T-Rex could be as strong as an ellephant.
*Unable to enter Swamp tiles
Why do you find it important?
*Removed the defense penalties against Javelineers and Spearmen, reduced defense penalty against Pikemen and H. Pikemen to -25%
I wanted some "hunter" units to the game wich is basicly the javeliner. T-Rex should be supperior to any melee/infantry unit. Just a single bite and your archer is i the stumach :)
*Added +25% Attack to Grassland and Plains tiles
Okay, that makes totally sense.
Velociraptor
*Strength increased from 1 to 2
I based it on cheetah, but okay, be it.
*Added +7% Withdrawal chance
*Added +15% Jungle attack
okay
Would be fun to get a dinosaur of my own into the game, but that would require working with model and animation files - not something I know anything about :lol:
Is fun enough just playing with these though :)

While poking around with World Builder spawned dinos though, I found they can't move onto certain tiles - like ones with Tribal Villages or resources on them (Iron, gold, silk, etc...) or share a tile with another friendly unit. I figure this is because of their Animal tag, but I wouldn't know since I've only ever spawned a few animal-type units before, and all I could find was they were disallowed from entering civilized borders. I never saw those other two situations before heh.
Not a problem since the two carnivores won't ever be under player control anyway, it's just something new I noticed ^^

Yes, I think it so.

Could you subdue any tricos yes :D
What do you think about the Hurry Food / Hurry Work values?

The strength reduction was just personal preference, and with the other changes I made (reduced penalty against early melee, bonus attack on flat areas...) I thought it might not need as high of an attack anymore. I hadn't yet had the chance to actually play an actual game with the dinosaurs lumped in with the standard animal units, but from my experiences with the typical bears and whatnot...

Ah, the swamp tile thing wasn't "important" so to say, I was just thinking about Realism Invictus and other mods where larger bulkier units were restricted from entering Swamps and Marshes (Siege weapons in RI, and pretty much *all* units in... Rhyse I think it was?)
As with the rest of my fiddling, it was just experimentation ^^ Partially just to see if I could make a change that was more than just changing a simple numeric value and still have it work :)

The defensive penalties were just personal preference as well ;)
Though I'd think archers would have a slightly better time with the tyrant since they wouldn't need to get close to attack it and being large would be a better target, while the raptors being small would be harder to hit with arrows, but spears could hold them off if they charged.
Just tinkering and experimenting, will probably be changing these to and fro as I play x)

I'm not so sure about the jungle attack bit now that I think of it, but the slight withdrawal chance was just put there to reflect their 'speedyness' if you will ^^

I haven't had the chance to do so just yet, but I like the idea of them being able to serve the same role as a caravan. Reminds me of a book I have at home... Ah, How to Raise Dinosaurs or something? Some dinosaurs being kept as pets (Microraptors?), others being trained for security work (Deinonychus...?), and some being used on farms or food and stuff (Apatosaurus, etc).
Very fun ^^

I've some models lying around, others I'm working on and stuff... Like this guy:
View attachment 377489

Getting them into the game? No idea how. :crazyeye:

That model looks very high quality --> great memory usage. But I am not a pro about it.
And it has no skinning.
Is it made for Civ4?

I can copy some other models from Multiverse mod if you like. Do we need mammoths and giant gorillas? :)

That model looks very high quality --> great memory usage. But I am not a pro about it.
And it has no skinning.
Is it made for Civ4?

It's a sculpt I'm doing in Zbrush and it's not finished just yet. There's some things I need to fix and more detailing to be done (Mouth, eyes, etc) and then I can worry about things like the topology, texturing, and rigging. Right now as it is, the model would probably crash Civ just trying to load it :lol:

I didn't have any clear goal in mind for it other than "I want to make a dinosaur", but if I do by some chance get it finished I could try and optimize it for CivIV or other such games. I've started a second one that I'm planning on using in Unity, but I've shelved that idea for now at the recommendation of a friend, who encouraged me to hold off on the 3D part of that engine until I'm more familiar with it :)

I'm a bit lost when you say 'not skinned yet' though... Can you clarify what you mean?

I can copy some other models from Multiverse mod if you like. Do we need mammoths and giant gorillas? :)

Mammoths maybe, I liked seeing them in C2C. Gave the animal life a nice diverse feel (Though you do start many thousands of years earlier than in AND and BTS :lol: Still no dinosaurs there? What are they waiting for!?) but I'm not sure about the "giant gorillas" :p

As you seems to have talent in modeling, it would be nice if you could concoct us a nice main menu animation :)

Oh, I had no idea that it is your work:eek:
It is GREAT! :goodjob: Really!

I'm a bit lost when you say 'not skinned yet' though... Can you clarify what you mean?
Sorry, my bad english :crazyeye:
No textures on it I wanted to say.

Mammoths maybe, I liked seeing them in C2C. Gave the animal life a nice diverse feel (Though you do start many thousands of years earlier than in AND and BTS

Gilgames lived in the 27th century B.C.E, Roosevelt lived in the 20th century A.D. There is a little time gap between the two, but who cares.
Than why bother the time gap between homans and dinos and mamoths and etc. :king:

As you seems to have talent in modeling, it would be nice if you could concoct us a nice main menu animation :)

Modeling is one thing, animation and visual effects is another :)

I've got a bit of beginner's experience with Zbrush (Sculpting), but hardly any with flashy visual stuff heh.

Would be cool to contribute something like that, but alas it's a bit beyond my current ability I imagine.

Top Bottom