[Feedback needed] AND2 Checker: Easy installation and update v0.3

Thank you for your work on this issue. This program when complete will be appreciated highly by many players who want to keep up with this fast paced mod as it develops.

GUI =:cooool:

I see you have never changed an XML or line of code in a game which is updated by SVN.

I certainly have, which is why I posted what I did. If you aren't able to commit your changes to the SVN and you must insist on updating game files which you have personally modified, you really don't have many options. WinDiff is one of them.

@ Oldnooob - If you separately edit the files, try adding a comment to the file to reflect your change.

xml <!-- Blah blah my changes are so good --> *Will turn green after you do the 2nd - of the first part, close it off to finish change.

Python ## blah blah This change is even better ## *Again turns green after 2nd #

I find that the SVN update has its status listed as a 'locally modified' and wants to upload it, so I assume it won't change the file or the lines I've modified.

Also, when you make these changes, copy them to the SVN version your updating, otherwise, when you copy across the updated SVN, it'll just overwrite all your changes. Don't just change in the Mod, change in the SVN to be updated as well.

@oldnoob

I think for your (and many of us) problem is the best solution is to learn how the game handles Modules. Creating a modular file is much better IMO than modding the original one, which is always overwritten when upgrading. Whit a modular file you only change what you need.

I am planning to write a short tutorial about this issue, but it may take same time.
In the meanwhile I recommend to look after this issue. It's not that complicated after you learn how to mod your xml files & know how to manage files. :)

@dbkblk
I updated the Moremusic mod. You may want to know that :)

@ Sogroon, WOW thank you for this info. I love modules , that is how fallout 3 is modded (same engine) and there you can easily plug in the module you feel like playing and then Take it back out when you are done.

I will be looking for your tutorial!

@dbkblk, I tried the beta loader, It works fine but it places the mod into the C drive. I have a separate HD drive G for all of my games. So I will not be able to use your loader because having two AND mod folders installed throws up a couple of hundred XML errors. I do not want games on my C drive.

@dbkblk, I tried the beta loader, It works fine but it places the mod into the C drive. I have a separate HD drive G for all of my games. So I will not be able to use your loader because having two AND mod folders installed throws up a couple of hundred XML errors. I do not want games on my C drive.
This is strange, are you sure you've selected the right directory before the installation ?

I just tried to delete the folder from the C drive but I get the popup - unable to remove because a file is open somewhere - so I deleted all the files inside the folder and the ini and bak files so now I have an empty folder titled Rise Of Mankind that still will not delete.

I tried to remove this so I could reinstall and try to see if I missed the place where I could redirect the installation to my G drive where ALL of my games are located. I will keep trying.

I just tried to delete the folder from the C drive but I get the popup - unable to remove because a file is open somewhere - so I deleted all the files inside the folder and the ini and bak files so now I have an empty folder titled Rise Of Mankind that still will not delete.

I tried to remove this so I could reinstall and try to see if I missed the place where I could redirect the installation to my G drive where ALL of my games are located. I will keep trying.

I think a "rsync.exe" process should still be in your memory so it prevent the folder to be deleted. That's the bug i wanted to fix and it should be fixed now.
I'm currently packaging the 1.0 release. It will be pushed really soon on svn.

With that version, you can install the mod in My Documents or in the mods folder in the game directory because the launcher no longer prevent to do it. Of course, you cannot install it in another location as the game won't detect the mod anyway.

Updated to v1.0: (uploaded in svn845)
- Completely reworked upgrade system. Now based on rsync instead of svn.
- Installation size reduced by two.
- Updater with progress.
- Simplified GUI
- Ability to blacklist files to avoid these to be replaced during update (add your file path to checker/exclusions.custom.xml)
- Tweaked installer to go straight to mod download after decompression
- Fixed blue marble setting
- Fixed a typo in the code (thanks afforess)

@dbkblk
I updated the Moremusic mod. You may want to know that :)

Thanks. I will try to add mod support now that the launcher have a new update system and support file exclusions ;)

Oh so that's why the updater keeps crashing. I have (my bad) reinstalled using the beta to the right directory and the updater has crashed 8 times in the last hour. I will persist with it to see if it will pick up the new system.

EDIT; no it finished at 844 so I will uninstall and download 845

Oh so that's why the updater keeps crashing. I have (my bad) reinstalled using the beta to the right directory and the updater has crashed 8 times in the last hour. I will persist with it to see if it will pick up the new system.

I need some more minutes to sync my svn folder then to push it to the server (slow connexion :))

Thank you.

EDIT: The launcher is now updated. Note for oldnoob: If you have trouble because of the crash, just reinstall the version from the first page over the new one and it will update itself and the mod.

@dev-team: If you want, i can "manually" provide a full installer which contains all the mod files, and push it to sourceforge ? As it will update with rsync, it could be easily updated now, so there is no need to update it on every revision.

Ok I got it and it runs. I installed MoreMusic and all looks good. Thank You.

Now I am going to change the values on about 100 XMLs, that will take all day.

Questions; will the mod autoupdate now or do I still have to run the checker for updating?
Is it possible to sticky a link and instructions and information so new and returning players can easily be aware of this fine work?

Ok I got it and it runs. I installed MoreMusic and all looks good. Thank You.

Now I am going to change the values on about 100 XMLs, that will take all day.

Questions; will the mod autoupdate now or do I still have to run the checker for updating?
Is it possible to sticky a link and instructions and information so new and returning players can easily be aware of this fine work?
Can't you just backup your XML folder and overwrite any SVN change with your own backup?

Top Bottom