Enhanced Tech Conquest Mod by Zappara

@Noyyau,
Yes that's the one.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13708511&postcount=44

Dh say the Config.ini Is working and Needs/needed to stay where it is/was. Not be removed. But the Enhancedxxxx.new in Assets\Config was never completed and hooked up to BUG as Zappara intended.

JosEPh

Just to stop any confusion.
- It is using the BUG modular python system.

- It looks like Zappara was moving to the BUG method for maintaining the config/ini file but did not complete it as the file is not being created and is not used in the code.

- He may have been looking at the BUG Options screen but I am less sure of that now.​

Note I don't have a copy of the AND version of the code so I am only going on what is in C2C where it is working fine but could do with some improvements.

The goal here wasn't to loose the functionnality. We'll look at it to reimplement this in a xml file.

The goal here wasn't to loose the functionnality. We'll look at it to reimplement this in a xml file.

Thank you dbkblk.

1 more question: If you make it an xml file will the player have access to it thru an Option in the gamesetup screen? Or will you re-implement the Config.ini?

If the player has no way but xml file manipulation to change the settings then much flexibility for the Player will be lost is one of my main concerns.

And sorry for all this bother for you all. It's just when I see a problem and I don't think the solution is right I can have a bit of a Bulldog mentality over getting it straight. :old: stubborn Missouri Mule is what I am. :D

JosEPh

How is this going? Making any head way? Or perhaps just putting the Config.ini back might be the easiest thing to do?

JosEPh

I remember the same, but I cannot confirm anything :D

Then you conquer city and its previous owner had some tech you dont have you will get :science: towards that tech - in my games it work only in this way.

Then you conquer city and its previous owner had some tech you dont have you will get :science: towards that tech - in my games it work only in this way.

Same here, I'm playing with rev 915 and on conquest of an enemy city, I get some :science: towards a tech I don't have, stopping at most at 1 :science: before the completion of said tech.

Or I get the "You find nothing worth learning from the inhabitants of X" (or something like that).

This is how it's supposed to work, right?

Okay so it seems to be working fine.

So the next question is: How does the player access this to change values? And how will the player even know where it is to do so? (Okay 2 ?s :p )

If it's hidden from the player then that is a loss for the player. Is it not? (3 ?s now) :rolleyes:

JosEPh

Since no one will answer and the Option to change those settings thru a Config file are removed, then it's safe to say the Modders do not want these settings accessible to the ordinary player. Thus limiting the players Options of game settings.

Okay then. -1 for the players.

JosEPh

@Joseph: ATM you can edit the options here: Assets\Python\EnhancedTechConquestUtils\EnhancedTechConquest.py
All the old options are those.

Sorry, for some reason civfanatics unsubscribed me from this thread. I've added restoring the config ini for enhanced tech conquest to the backlog of tasks here: https://trello.com/b/2pl5QYF3/civ4-rand

Thank you very much.

@dbkblk,

Will I also need to edit the Assets\Config\EnhancedTechConquest.new to match?

JosEPh

Is tech conquest always *on* in this MOD by default?

Or if there is a box that we need to check to turn it on?

I do not seem to remember receiving any tech benefits in my games when I capture enemy cities.

Is tech conquest always *on* in this MOD by default?

Or if there is a box that we need to check to turn it on?

I do not seem to remember receiving any tech benefits in my games when I capture enemy cities.

I'm not sure if it's ON by default but surely it works.
In order to receive a new tech benefit, the enemy civ should have reserched a tech which is unknown to you.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13786524 said:

Thanks! I will pay attention to the fine prints the next time i capture a city.

PS: my reading of the question in this thread is that even though the fine prints *say* we've received some beakers towards a technology, do we *actually receive* those beakers.

Thanks! I will pay attention to the fine prints the next time i capture a city.

PS: my reading of the question in this thread is that even though the fine prints *say* we've received some beakers towards a technology, do we *actually receive* those beakers.

I'm going to assume yes. I was deliberately avoiding Smithing in my revent game because I felt it was going to obsolete my Praetorians, so I wanted to get as many of those lovely free promotions as I could so I could upgrade them later before the end of their era.

Well, it said I had around 16 turns to research it. After my conquest of Ethopia - of which almost every city claimed "You learned some of the secrets of Smithing" it said I could research it in one turn.

Top Bottom