Cities suddenly require 3 food per population

youmakemefart

Warlord
During the game everything was fine then the (new) volcanic erruption event came (the one where suddenly all fields give -1 food...)

I was like "uhm.. ok" but then when the event was over, cities suddenly require much more food... (+3 per population point)

did you change it while I was playing or is it a glitch?
+ the game is a lot less fun now as it is impossible to build anything because you can only really work "food" tiles...

Update:
Ok, this event has happened the 3rd time in one game now...

EDIT: Removed.

Sorry you were right - population did require 3 food - but the reason everything is kind of messed up now is that farms produce less food.

for instance a farm (+potatoes) that produced 5 food now only produces 4 - after the age has supposedly ended... there is some kind of bug there...

Edit:

I don't know if you guys did anything, but it seems to have resolved itself.

Did you miss the Dark Age popup? It explains exactly what occurs.

Did you miss the Dark Age popup? It explains exactly what occurs.

I did register the beginning and end of it.

The problem is that after the dark age is over, food production does not return to previous levels...
So a farm that produces 5 food, will during the event produce 3 food and then go to 4 food after the event..

Also, it is pretty annoying that I haven't even reached the middle ages and there has already been 4 volcano events.

The problem is that after the dark age is over, food production does not return to previous levels...

I've tested it locally, and I have no problems with food levels being restored. Provide a save in the bug reports thread next time this occurs.

I've tested it locally, and I have no problems with food levels being restored. Provide a save in the bug reports thread next time this occurs.
I also had 2 dark ages in a row caused by volcano, but had no problem with food being restored.

Edit: 3 dark ages now, too many volcano events. :)

Just out of interest? Has this been fixed yet?

There is something severely wrong - after the event has passed - after the period is over - food doesn't return to normal and cities, that would normally be able to sustain themselves easily starve.

The problem is that tiles that usually produce 5 food or more have the icon of 5 food on it - but it is only counted as 3

This happens AFTER the event is over

45°38'N-13°47'E;13741986 said:
If you're talking about dark ages, I think so. I only had one in my last game.

I am talking about the fact that after a dark age food production doesn't return to normal - tiles that should produce more than 3 food simply don't

Edit: it seems to work now I updated to the newest version. I am sure there is a bug somewhere there preventing it going "back to normal"

I am talking about the fact that after a dark age food production doesn't return to normal - tiles that should produce more than 3 food simply don't

Edit: it seems to work now I updated to the newest version. I am sure there is a bug somewhere there preventing it going "back to normal"

Never happened to me, so I really can't say.

Just out of interest? Has this been fixed yet?

There is something severely wrong - after the event has passed - after the period is over - food doesn't return to normal and cities, that would normally be able to sustain themselves easily starve.

The problem is that tiles that usually produce 5 food or more have the icon of 5 food on it - but it is only counted as 3

This happens AFTER the event is over

There is nothing to fix, and I asked for some sort of save to provide proof of a bug, which you neglected to include.

So as far as I am concerned, this is working as intended.

Top Bottom