Bugs/Error reports

Just heard back from someone in the FF thread, and they were able to figure it out pretty quick; there was some kind of conflict in Custom Assets between BUG and FF, which could be fixed with a simple change in the FF.ini (Nocustomassets=1 rather than 0)

On an unrelated note:
-Not sure if this has been reported, but in the latest beta, I can't see the tech tree in F6, I just get a blank screen. But in patch i (the 2nd-latest patch that works for me), the tree is there. Not a game breaker, but a little weird :)

Also weird... I think I've looked at the tech tree plenty of times (especially when trying fulanos' minimod).

I gather you have BUG installed; not wanting to put the blame there, but could it be BUG-related? :confused: (Apart from the concept I'm not very familiar with BUG.)

Not without a bit more info. How do you mean, they 'turn invisible'? From one turn to the next? :confused: (I've seen this happen when trying to use Worldbuilder/FF Worldbuildersaves with MOO2Civ.) Is it the same issue Enjoju reported 4 posts back, with No CustomAssets = 1 in the ini. file as a possible solution?

My main system turned into some weird-shaped "dish" model, and other are invisible. When I go to the system screen, the planets have 0/0 population and cannot be selected.

It happened during the game, maybe after I loaded.

:confused: During the game, not after starting up the mod? Never had anything like that reported. You weren't playing Epic speed, were you?

:hmm: And there's also people wanting to speed up gameplay... I guess it's hard to please everybody. Well, as said, none of the versions have ever been tested on other than Normal speed. Did you check out Enjoju's suggestion?

They want to speed it up because most of techs give just new promotions. I think the tech tree should be reworked at some point :). Or maybe new build options should be added. You decide.

I tried that suggestion. But it doesn't fix brown planets and disappeared stars. I was on EnclosedSpace/standard if it matters.

I gather then that you haven't tried fulano's minimod? It entails a complete reworking of the tech tree and will be included in v. 5.0 later this week.

Enclosed Space might matter; both that and the Wormholes mapscripts I could not get to work with the latest patches/versions. For 5.0 I still haven't got them in; instead I'll include a number of basic scenarios.

Well, OK. (That's a bit of a relief that there's not a new weird bug...)

EDIT: Updated post #1.

I know... both fulano and I can't figure out how to get rid of those. :( (Just think of them as target practice.) ;)

Code:
      <Units>
        <Unit>
          <UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_PLANETARY_DEFENSE_I</UnitClassType>
          <UnitType>NONE</UnitType>
        </Unit>
        <Unit>
          <UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_PLANETARY_DEFENSE_II</UnitClassType>
        </Unit>
        <Unit>
          <UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_PLANETARY_DEFENSE_III</UnitClassType>
        </Unit>
      </Units>

???

I think fulano tried that, but it had no effect...

EDIT: I've looked at the predefined PLAYERCOLORs in theCivilizationInfo xml, and it turned out no less than 7 races had GREEN set as primary colour. I'm actually surprised no more double colours have been reported. Anywho, I've spiced up the colourscheme, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Can't confirm right now (I've asked fulano to reply), and don't know if I'll have time to try it on my end before v. 5.0 is due for upload - on the 11th preferably. (There's still a few things to tidy up for that. At the moment I don't consider Marines in space a priority to fix, they're just visually annoying.) But I appreciate the offer. ;)

Deon, that code you posted is not in the file, but battleships and scouts are on the list and I have still seem them spawn. I will still add planetary defense to the file though and test it. Did it work for you?

Also, I'm pretty sure Final Frontier relies on SDK to spawn barbarians, I've read posts of people talking about code that is for spawning barbarians for the FF mod. Something about it being weird code. I can't remember.

I have a confirmed actual bug to report here! I've been forgetting to post it for weeks!

In the build screen when you que up enough buildings a scroll bar appears to the right of the building list so you can scroll down and see what you have built, but when you try to scroll down it actually removes buildings from the build que instead of scrolling down. It's almost like the scroll bar is drawn more to the left than it actually is. I have had it happen many times so it is reproducible for me.

Top Bottom