Download and Current Changelog

Bug: I had the Tower Shield event fire while I was playing the Sidar. Once I started building Axemen, they were getting Shock I for free instead of Cover I. Good for me but not as intended I wager.

I think I catched all bugs reported here (apart from the pillar of chains bug which I suspect is a base FFH issue, so I don't really know where to look to fix it)

Patch 7.01 (doesn't break saves)
  • Fix Summoned Hyborem
  • Fix Python Callback for Scion Units
  • Fix Help Text for Agricultural Trait
  • Fix WorldWonder Engeneering Academy
  • Fix Rounding Error for Spellcost
  • Fix Tower Shield Event will give Cover instead of Shock

Muchas gracias, Sephi.

I don't know if this is the right place to say this but FfH2 Wild Mana is a very fun mod. I'm currently playing a game as the Sidar, Huge map, Erebus Continent script, 18 AI opponents (all of the civs ex Scions), Normal Barbs, No Pirates, Wildlands, Dragons. Everything is about right. The barbarians are a threat but not a never-ending crisis. Civs are teching and expanding briskly. The pirates haven't sacked any civilizations but are a constant threat to shipping. A lot of the civs that are reliable sick-men in standard FfH are showing surprising strength in my current game.

From the standpoint of playing the Sidar introducing the new leaders was nothing but good. I'm using Shekinah as the Sidar leader -- Defender, Trader. Snagging the lighthouse and opening borders with everyone is the name of the game. Very different strategy from turtling as Sandalphon.

Lastly, the Passive Training mod you included is a stroke of brilliance. The author of that mod should be commended. Unit XPs are so important in FFH due to the double strength of combat promotions that this goes a long way towards restoring balance between civics.

All in all, a very good modmod. Kudos.

Sephi, thanx for making FFH a much, much more enjoyable experience. enjoy your break from modding, and huge thanx for continuing to provide bugfixes during your break. you rock :goodjob:

Bug? - Playing 7.0. Switched to follow Fol. 70 or so turns later, still no ancient forest. Perhaps just unlucky rolls?

Edit: Started another game with 7.01. Normal game speed. I've been Fol for a good 170 turns. Only two of my forests have converted to ancient. WAD or BUG?

I'm surprised no one else is experiencing this bug.

All of my initial units get unlimited promotions. Very strange. This basically breaks the game for me ><

No one else is seeing this? This is my first time every trying out Wildmana...figured 7.01 would be the right one to use. Should I use 6.X instead?

I copied back my original FFH2 directory (after merging BUG 4.2 with it) and reinstalled Wild Mana and I no longer have the problem.

My bad!

Bugs/issues I've found:

-When I do diplomacy with the Doviello, it says "AI_DIPLO_THANKS_DOVIELLO" upon conclusion.
-The noble of house cannith looks like a mage but gets recon promotions (ie, subdue animal). Is that intended?
-It would be really handy to have a corporation screen like Orbis and base BTS so you can see what's been founded, how much benefit you're getting from spread, where the home city is, etc.
-The icon for spreading House Cannith is the same as House Ghallanda.
-Ethne is randomly switching religions every 10 turns. I know that there are some strategies that benefit from frequent religion switching - armies of various priests, alignment shenanigans - but this doesn't make sense like that. She's built heroes - Yvain - and then switched right after back to RoK.
-University requires scholarship civic, but is in my build list

I also again offer translation. It's always so exciting when I can actually use what I went to college for (I'm a stay at home mom now). :lol:

I just had the event where the piratres offer me help, and I got a privateer, mercenary and boarding party... but only the privateer has hidden nationality. This seems less effective to me. ;)

Also, I notcied the AI is using adepts and mages to guard their workers. Is this intended?

Edit: And I built the engineering academy and did not gain a trait. :(

[to_xp]Gekko;8724188 said:
bison don't have any improvement able to gather them.

Second that. I thought it might be a passive gain or something, but my cities aren't getting the resource despite having two within my territory connected with roads.

upgrading a lvl2 warrior to drown costs 40 instead of 60, is that intended?

is it intended for lucian cold iron to start with plagued? seems pretty weird. also, resurrection for the doviello could be tied to lucian, since the war machine is, well, just a machine. if anything, there could be pieces of the war machine that work like the pieces of barnaxus do. the same could be true for the black wind of the lanun.

well if lucian cold iron didn't have plagued he'd be way over powered. It takes virtually no time to get him to lvl 5 (well, it did for me, anyway), and then he'll be far too strong without it. When you get priests to take it away he won't be unfairly strong. Of course, if you have the pool of tears near by then this doesn't matter! :)

Playing with the More Pirates option off. Pirate privateers appear to spawn within my borders!

well if lucian cold iron didn't have plagued he'd be way over powered. It takes virtually no time to get him to lvl 5 (well, it did for me, anyway), and then he'll be far too strong without it. When you get priests to take it away he won't be unfairly strong. Of course, if you have the pool of tears near by then this doesn't matter! :)

well then why not simply make him weaker instead of giving him a negative promotion that you can get rid of if you get lucky?

[to_xp]Gekko;8725894 said:
well then why not simply make him weaker instead of giving him a negative promotion that you can get rid of if you get lucky?

Because then he becomes useless as a midgame hero. If you were to do that then there would be no point to his inclusion as a hero. Just leave the original Lucian as is! :p As it is now, once you get priests, you can cure him, and he is still useful in the midgame.

My personal change, if there had to be a change getting rid of plague, would be to have a required tech before upgrading. Or - what would be better, although it may be completely impossible to do, a certain level up the tech tree.

But I actually like it as is - I like the added difficulty in healing in early turns etc. :p I had him poisoned, diseased, and plagued once! Fun days! :)

That's just the FFH base graphics module, not the patch. ;)

Sephi, do you want help writing Pedia entries and translating into other languages? I'm hardly a native speaker, but I'd be able to do a decent job with the French and Spanish.

because it saves me quite a bit of time I will always keep the mod english only

any Pedia entries would be welcome. the actual file would look like this
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<Civ4GameText xmlns="http://www.firaxis.com">
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_PEDIA_ENTRY1</Tag>
        <English>Pedia entry.</English>
    </TEXT>
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_PEDIA_ENTRY2</Tag>
        <English>Pedia entry.</English>