The Faeries

I finally got around to making buttons for the fae unit art. the attachment contains all the DDS button files :) sorry about the delay

In order:

Row 1: Archer, Longbowman, Flurry, Marksman, Archmage, mage, Adept, Druid

Row 2: Scout, hunter, Ranger, Beastmaster, Fetch, Sun Faerie, Moon Faerie

Row 3: Warrior, Pixie, Sprite, Furie, Dryad, Winterlord, Summerlord, Faelord

Attachments

• Fae_Button_DDS_Files.zip
    74.3 KB · Views: 137
WOW that was a fast reply O_O

and no problem :p sorry to keep ya waiting haha

Sorry for being a total noob, but how do I instal the new skins and the buttons?

i was merging your new buttons, since they were not merged by sephi and i noticed something i should have noticed much earlier with you units, to be more precice with your summer/winter/fea -lords:
the alpha channel on their models is replaced not by transparency but with their teamcolor to fix this just look at picture:
1) click on the body of the feary in nifskope
2) change the shader to no shader like in the screenshots
3) the alpha channel now works :)
Spoiler :

i will fix this for the units you already made, so you don't have to do it for wildmana.
i am really sorry i should have noticed that much earlier :(

Attachments

• feariefix.jpg
    feariefix.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 531
i was WONDERING why the alpha remained green in game! haha thanks for figuring that out :)

yes, this is true i even said so to the converter (the guy that converted them, not some program :D)

erm have you looked at the tail of the clan of embers assassin recently?
Spoiler :

Attachments

• assasin.png
    assasin.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 480
@The Changer:
unfortunately i made a big mistake, removing the shader will get you into all sorts of problems. the real fix is just by simply replacing the shader name from:
TCiv4Skinning
to:
TCiv4SkinningNoTeamColor

the rest should stay, i.e. has shader yes, unknown integer -1

you might want to use those models:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=388897
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=380144
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=386011

for some fey? i have not used them yet, so they would be unique
just let me know if you want to use them otherwise i will
\

WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW O_O those are epic...
if youd liek me to reskin them id be happy to, jsut tell me what to do and i shall :) (just PM me, i dont check this forum much since civ 5 camer out hahaha)

it is totally up to you what you want to do with them, but
i recommend to write the author to drastically reduce the polygon count. as of now it much too high it should be 1k to a maximum of 2k (if it is 2k i would make the units limited to low number)
implementing them in their current state is not really recommended.

if you can get the author to reduce the poly count to said numbers and you want to reskin them to fearies i will happily merge them.

@tesb : removing shader from units work fine as long as you also remove NiSkinPartition in NiSkinInstance.
Actually, non-shader units work better in low-graphic computers, as mine :D

Gotta love the new Fey art, really adds some flavour... but has any thought been given to re-balancing the Fey?

The combination Summer Court/Fellowship of the Leaves was kindda overpowering when I tried it, and Eternal Court wasn't worth the trouble at all...

Has anything been modified in WM9b?

i think the fearies themselves has not changed much in the beta but the whole improvement system has changed as well as the religion system. i don't know how those changes affected the fairies you may try it for yourself. also when was the last time you played them? afaik they got some rebalancing with every patch since they were introduced.

Top Bottom