Memory Allocation Failures

i did not meant the map size, but the map, maybe creating a erebus continent is more prone to crash then a earth style map?
(i have no clue about mafs i just wondered because some maps take way longer to create then others)

i did not meant the map size, but the map, maybe creating a erebus continent is more prone to crash then a earth style map?
(i have no clue about mafs i just wondered because some maps take way longer to create then others)

all my testing is done with the current Erubus Continent (preloaded on WM v8.1), HUGE size, 10 to 12 players, all X&Y.

the time length is the Erbubus Continent engine because of all the calculations its running

it may take ALL the different components listed in this thread and on the WildMana 7.0 Download thread to clean up the MAF issue.

Could it be something to do with no# of civs? I don't like managing tons of cities so I generally put in more civs than the map size suggests (playing w/ 18 on Large).

Could it be something to do with no# of civs? I don't like managing tons of cities so I generally put in more civs than the map size suggests (playing w/ 18 on Large).
I usually play on Huge Erebus Continent with 20-30 civs just fine. I am on a 3 year-old notebook with 2GB of Ram, Windows XP with boot.ini tweak. After Wildmana 8.xx, I don't get MAFs anymore.

I usually play on Huge Erebus Continent with 20-30 civs just fine. I am on a 3 year-old notebook with 2GB of Ram, Windows XP with boot.ini tweak. After Wildmana 8.xx, I don't get MAFs anymore.

Hrm this is truly bizarre then. I guess my computer just hates WM. Wonder if there's a module I can disable that might help things.

Dunno if this helps but a couple times the crash didn't produce an ingame error, but a Windows error message

"Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9VBManager.cpp, Line:1019"

Dunno if this helps but a couple times the crash didn't produce an ingame error, but a Windows error message

"Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9VBManager.cpp, Line:1019"
That's still a MAF error. You can start reducing graphic level/resolution the further you get in the game; but it will still occur eventually.

I've been getting MAFs and "Failed to allocate video memory" crashes after about turn 200 or so (epic speed). Erebus Continents maps crash durning generation (MountainCoast and "standard" maps generate normally).

I've tried adding the maxmem switch to boot.ini but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Regular Civ4 and FFH2 work fine.

This is a bit frustrating, I like this mod but it's currently unplayable for me past turn 200. :(

I will try to upload a testing version at the weekend. If the cause for the MAFs that are still reported is the same, there is probably a good chance to find it.

I will try to upload a testing version at the weekend. If the cause for the MAFs that are still reported is the same, there is probably a good chance to find it.

Sephi,

what will be different with this "test" version out of curiousity? As Im sure youve noted in my posts, I havent had any MAFs to speak of since 8.0?

I get MAFs whenever I try to load a game if I'm already playing. But apart from that, no MAFs during the game so far.

Plus, for some strange reason the game gets real jumpy for me when playing Elohim. Even on turn 1, no idea why, the game runs smooth as butter on every other civ I tried, even later in the game. Tried turning down graphics (though civ is hardly a strain for a 1 GB Radeon 4650) didn't help any, It's still jumpy.

Sephi,

what will be different with this "test" version out of curiousity? As Im sure youve noted in my posts, I havent had any MAFs to speak of since 8.0?

I will remove the Art that was added between patch 7.4 and 7.56. Only in the test version, not the main mod

I will remove the Art that was added between patch 7.4 and 7.56. Only in the test version, not the main mod

do you want me to test this "test" version? though I guess that may not make sense since my MAF problems have diminished to almost nothing at this point.

I'm willing to give the test version a shot. I've got a game as the Amurites on the go that I'd like to finish.

I've changed my virtual memory settings around, defragged the hard drive and scanned it for bad sectors. I'm not getting the MAFs anymore, which is good. Unfortunately they've been replaced by my computer either locking up completely and forcing a restart or restarting it's self. If I reload the last save/autosave I can keep playing for a few (2-4) turns before freeze-up/restart.

I'm willing to give the test version a shot. I've got a game as the Amurites on the go that I'd like to finish.

I've changed my virtual memory settings around, defragged the hard drive and scanned it for bad sectors. I'm not getting the MAFs anymore, which is good. Unfortunately they've been replaced by my computer either locking up completely and forcing a restart or restarting it's self. If I reload the last save/autosave I can keep playing for a few (2-4) turns before freeze-up/restart.

I also defragged my computer last weekend, not sure if that was a factor or not in reducing the MAFs, but it sure couldnt hurt. I think that was only the second time in two years that I had defragged... haha

I also defragged my computer last weekend, not sure if that was a factor or not in reducing the MAFs, but it sure couldnt hurt. I think that was only the second time in two years that I had defragged... haha

;) Yeah, I hadn't defragged in a very long time. Took about 3 hours to complete. :scan:

I did it after setting my page file size to zero, and then bumped it up to 3072 megs after defragging.

do you want me to test this "test" version? though I guess that may not make sense since my MAF problems have diminished to almost nothing at this point.

If you do not get any MAFs, there is no point in testing.

Top Bottom