new resources in MoM

Smakemupagus

Warlord
can someone please explain more or less quantitatively the new resources (lumber, leather ... )

i.e.
how much are the bonuses like "this camp gives leather per unimproved forest"? do roads count as improvements?

how much are the bonuses these resources provide when building stuff? i assume the resources get consumed when building, although i don't ever see my stocks diminishing. at what rate do they get consumed?

what am i getting from those mana shrines and witches huts?

can someone please explain more or less quantitatively the new resources (lumber, leather ... )

i.e.
how much are the bonuses like "this camp gives leather per unimproved forest"? do roads count as improvements?

how much are the bonuses these resources provide when building stuff? i assume the resources get consumed when building, although i don't ever see my stocks diminishing. at what rate do they get consumed?

what am i getting from those mana shrines and witches huts?

sorry, but atm I can give just a short and quick reply. For mor info go to www.masterofmana.com, there to the forum.
New resources aka "global yields":
- lumber, produced via lumbermills or ancient forest. Boost production for archery units, but I don't know if it boosts buildings too.
- stone, via quarries or the stonecutter-building (masonry-tech). Boost for a vast variety of buildings, especially very useful for wonders.
- metal, via mines or via kilmorph-wonder cast by disciple units of kilmorph (costs faith), boosts your melee-unit-building and you need metal to upgrade melee units (to bronze, to iron, to mithril), the resource alone is not sufficient.
- herbs, boosts spell research and building of magic-users.

I don't know the exact boost- and consume-rate.

mystical places:
- witch hut: gives herbs, when in workable city tile, boosts spell research.
- mana shrine: big bonus on mana income
- old temple: big bonus on faith income
You can't put improvements next to mystical places, so pay attention where you place your city.

I'm sure this is not complete and maybe full of errors, so feel free to complete it.

thank you, that is helpful!

i did try to look at the other forums, at Master of Mana, but it seems the posters there don't quite understand the system yet either. for example:

"I also end up with other expectations for resource yields quite often. So maybe I don't understand the rules, like, is an unimproved hill only one without forest on it or does that not matter"

"Lumbermill plus 3 unimproved forests (two on hills I think) gives 3 wood per turn. Either the hills mess things up, or the bonus from unimproved tiles is just a mini-bonus not worth planning around."

edit: Also, i seem to get a big refund of consumable resources after the item i'm building finishes. Example, i just jumped from ~850 to ~1020 metal on the turn i completed Form of Titan (my normal income is like 10 per turn). I think i've noticed smaller bumps in my lumber supply on the turn i finish an Archer

That might be a bug and maybe something to do with overflow. I've seen my leather jump by 500 after building a goblin in a high production city.

Do mana shrines, witch huts, and lost temples have to be in a city radius (workable tile) or within cultural boundary to grant their bonuses? I have avoiding building cities near them in the current game that I am playing with these terrain resources turned on, but a few are now in my borders and I can't tell what the bonuses I'm getting are, if any. What are the bonuses?

Just within your culture. You don't even have to hook them up with a road.

Personally, I'd like to see the hard improvement block replaced with a yeild reduction in surrounding tiles, based on the feature. I am not sure how complex that would be to implement, though. Right now they can be very annoying, especially on maps like Erebus or Erebus Continent (with high mountains), since an otherwise perfect city location would be completely screwed over by a nearby feature.

Just within your culture. You don't even have to hook them up with a road.

Personally, I'd like to see the hard improvement block replaced with a yeild reduction in surrounding tiles, based on the feature. I am not sure how complex that would be to implement, though. Right now they can be very annoying, especially on maps like Erebus or Erebus Continent (with high mountains), since an otherwise perfect city location would be completely screwed over by a nearby feature.

You can always disable the mystical places in custom games. Imho I like it how it is and I play always Wild Erebus. F. e. witchhut: you get bonus on spellresearch when in cultural borders, but bonus-herbs only when in workable city tiles. Maybe, to nerf it a bit, Sephi could increase the bonus you get from mystical places when in workable city tiles, to compensate the loss of workable tiles.

Does anyone know what are the exact bonuses that you get from mana shrines, witch huts, and lost temples?

Top Bottom