Starvation

TyranusBonehead

Bound & Determined
Imagine this...

I have a productive city with say 4 or 5 content citizens, one worker is busily whacking away at a forest and 2 or 3 troops stand within the perimeter of the city. Suddendly, starvation! And let's add to that the fact that I may be working on a wonder.

What would be the best thing to do? Drop the wonder, put out another worker? What?

Thanks

TB :king:

Proabably get the original worker to irrigate somewhere, but that's only if you're not in despotism.

Maybe a screenshot would be helpful?

Look at the city view. See what squares your citizens are working on. It could be you need to move a citizen to a square that produces more food or, as Flintlock suggested, irrigate a square already being worked.

TyranusBonehead said:
I have a productive city with say 4 or 5 content citizens, one worker is busily whacking away at a forest and 2 or 3 troops stand within the perimeter of the city. Suddendly, starvation! And let's add to that the fact that I may be working on a wonder.

What would be the best thing to do? Drop the wonder, put out another worker? What?

More information would be helpful. Was the Governer enabled? What type of government were you under? It may be that something caused some unhappiness in the city and the Govn'r turned a citizen into an entertainer.

I'm assuming you mean 2 or 3 ENEMY troops within the perimeter - ie standing on an irrigated tile therefore temporarily dropping your food production... if not, ignore this post.

Focus on the problem - if you have enemy troops in your land, you shouldn't be wasting shields on workers.

My advice = divert your shields to an offensive unit and deal with the enemy troops. If you are halfway through a wonder, you will need to think carefully about it, depending how good your defences are. I think it's best to lose the pop point, but keep the city. Pop points will grow back.

My guess:

- the city is at the threshold of happiness, i.e. the next citizen will be unhappy
- the city has +1 surplus food, for example, working 4 grasslands + 1 forrest
- the city grows, and the new citizen is unhappy, so the governer made the new citizen an entertainer
- now the city is at -1 food, starvation!

The best thing to do:
1) if the city is working on a wonder, tell the worker to stop whacking the forrest. Shield from lumber-jacking does not help wonders.
2) use the worker to irrigate more city squares.
3) next time the city grows, raise the lux tax or bring a military police unit into the city.
3) Or, if you don't want to raise the lux tax or can't use the MP, change one of the citizens from a 2-food tile to a forrest tile.

Top Bottom