Image thumbnail feature enabled

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
I just enabled the image thumbnail feature as a test. This will show a thumbnail for image attachments, and clicking the thumbnail will show the full image.

This will only affect new image attachments btw. I don't want to spend time to build thumbnails for exisitng image attachments.

Attachments

• 1up03.jpg
    1up03.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 138
ainwood said:
Cool - so you can see this for multiple attached pics?
Yup, instead of seeing text links to the images. I will edit my first post to add another pic as an example. :)

hmm... looks like I will need to rebuild thumbnails for exisiting images. The exisitng images are affected.

View Attached Images Inline
If thumbnails are enabled, any image without a thumbnail will be shown as a link, regardless of this setting's status, unless the image size happens to be within the thumbnail size limits.
Going to start it now...

How do i use it? Is it automatically on, or do I have to turn it on somewhere? I just tried to upload a picture attachment, but didn't see a thumbnail button, so I stopped.

EDIT: It works! Automatically too. :thumbsup: See my mimivirus thread in OT.

Thunderfall said:
I think it's good size... It's thumbnail afterall.
I was thinking that one oft he rpoblems people have is they're unable to upload multiple photos, and have them display-more than one and it reverts to a link.
I was thinking this could be exploited as a workaround to that problem.

But you're the boss :)

Umm...everything I'm uploading shows as a thumbnail now ... so does everyone see it that way, or just me? And if it's just me, how do I turn it off?

Thanks

Ansar_the_King said:
What I upload doesent show up as a thumbnail.:)

Are you uploading to post, or uploading to the folder? I'm still doing the former.

Is there anyway to change that, or make it optional? Every thing I've uploaded for the last 3 months is now showing as a thumbnail, which totally destroys the point of uploading the pics in an SG turnlog. Are the mods trying to discourage us from using our "allotted" space?

For images and screenshots, I do encourage people to use ImageShack. That's why I added an imageshack upload form to the new thread / new reply pages, as well as the Easy Upload page. For things like saved games, using forum attachments is no problem, since we can delete the old ones easily when needed (usually every 3 or 4 months).

That said, I might disable the thumbnail feature in the future...

Thunderfall said:
That said, I might disable the thumbnail feature in the future...
I like it. ...

Top Bottom