Diplomacy Viewer

Oddible

signal / noise > 1
Every time I play a scenario with over 8 civs I start thinking again that there must be a way to get into the Diplomacy data. Does anyone know if a tool currently exists to view Diplomacy externally? Anyone know if any discussion has taken place on it in other threads?

Is there any api for it amongst the Civ install? I know that with some trainers, it is possible to mod data in existing games. If a tool like this exists, please point me to it, otherwise, I would love to find any conversation on the subject or if anyone has info on this data or the sav files at all that would be great.

Basically I was surprised to find that Conquests didn't address this at all and would love to code something externally to resolve this if any amount of data at all is accessible...

Any info or pointers would be helpful.

Hmm, what kind of diplomacy data do you want to change? The Texts?
In that case it can be done with a normal text editor. The File is conquests/Text/Diplomacy.txt

No, I want to see a matrix with relationships like the F8 Diplomacy screen but with the ability to see all 32 Civs (if a game that large) and their respective relations. I don't know how the UI would look yet, but the current in-game UI is inadequate for more than 8 Civs.

I noticed that ainwood's Trade Assist is getting information about what tech advances and workers that the AI has, but what about who they are at war with and have MAs with, etc. Basically I don't want to change any of it or see anything that the game wouldn't normally show me, but the F8 screen was not designed for larger games so I would like to have a Diplomacy Viewer that is.

Top Bottom