IMPORTANT: Loss of Files

Yay, we're a team ;) I meant a preview pic that is visible in the list. Last time it was missing, you could only see it when clicking on the unit details. :)

Thanks for the help, Steph!

Now all I need to do is upload my LHs (except, maybe, the 1-star rated ones... I CAN take a hint, you know....) and misc. graphics (resources, techs, etc).

Thankfully, I'm a HUGE packrat, and have EVERY file I've ever created for Civ III on my HD (my non-internet computer... No way for the haxxors to get THOSE files:p). Just gotta get enough time to check for dead links, create a list and upload them.....

A question: Will the original file entries in the downloads database (which are no longer available due to zarox) be deleted? If not, the no. of files in the database is a bit wrong, when there are some files twice. Well, that's not a big problem.

Another question: Are the links to the newly re-uploaded - with a new database entry - going to be added into the unit threads? If so, then who's going to do that? Will Plotinus be having long workdays in the CFC-community?

In the end I must say, that people have been quite active in re-uploading the stuff for civ3. Unlike for civ4...
I mean, the unit files for civ4 (or should I say reskins) are a fraction the size of civ3-unit files, and yet I've seen very few civ4-units re-uploaded. Or do they just concentrate more on bigger mod-components?

A question: Will the original file entries in the downloads database (which are no longer available due to zarox) be deleted? If not, the no. of files in the database is a bit wrong, when there are some files twice. Well, that's not a big problem.?
At least for CivIII units, there shouldn't be that much units with errors.

Another question: Are the links to the newly re-uploaded - with a new database entry - going to be added into the unit threads? If so, then who's going to do that? Will Plotinus be having long workdays in the CFC-community?
It may not have been very wise to upload again old entries instead of correcting the old ones. I'll see what I can do to correct that. I guess I can use the new upload to re upload the old ones, and then delete the new entry.

In the end I must say, that people have been quite active in re-uploading the stuff for civ3. Unlike for civ4...
I mean, the unit files for civ4 (or should I say reskins) are a fraction the size of civ3-unit files, and yet I've seen very few civ4-units re-uploaded. Or do they just concentrate more on bigger mod-components?
Or maybe I downloaded nothing from Civ4....

I think the best course for me, at least, is to wait for the bulk of the re-uploading to be done and then try to clear the ground as much as I can as regards duplicates.

Steph, are you able to delete duplicates as well? If you can remove any that you happen to see that would undoubtedly help.

I agree, though, that having duplicates is going to cause problems with links in the forum threads, and this is going to be a hassle to correct. I suspect that with many of them it may be a matter simply of waiting for someone to report that the link doesn't work and then correcting them as and when, but it's not really ideal.

I've done a new pass in the Civ3 units DB.
Some units are still missing from
- Sandris
- Plotinus
- Wyrmshadow
- TopGun

I have corrected the duplicates for NavyDawg super heroes.

Unless Sandris and Plotinus want help, they'll do that. I'm helping Wyrm, and then I'll try to help TopGun, but I don't have all his aircrafts. Well, TopGun, in the meanwhile focus and new units, I'll correct what I can and you'll finish the rest.

There are also a few other files I don't have:
- From Leaven
-- SG team

- From LizardMen Rule
-- Smoke Jaguar with magical attack

- From NavyDawg:
-- The space fighters (I didn't have time to download them..)
-- The space ships (But I may have them at home).

- From Utahjazz7
-- Kool Aid man

Please, if you have it, do not upload it as a new file, send it to me by email at stephane.f.david@free.fr and I'll fix the broken link.

Also, I couldn't restore the animated gif if they were not included in the zip. So if you want it back, you'll have to edit your own entry.

- From Supa:
-- The gorosaurus
-- The gabara
-- The Godzilla
I've sent those sweet little critters (in two separate emails, cause they're BIG files!)

"or should I say reskins" Ahem... all of my newer units are new models.

If I had time to find all of the files on my hard drive and upload them then I would, however I've been too busy, and I guess I've been concentrating on my big mod. :)

@ Steph

I think I have Mesoamerican spearman by SOG I'll send it to u.
I sent Quinzy's Mayan Warrior to Steph, in case turfcat didn't find it afterall (or in case Swoggy's "Mesoamerican Spearman" wasn't the Quinzy unit Steph was looking for).

I finished uploading all of my units that were affected.

AAAGH!:cry: I just noticed this thread. I noticed a few days ago that I couldn't see much in the Downloads Database and I kept checking thinking it was a temporary server problem. Now I see why.
The problem is that for once in my history of using this site, I haven't downloaded anything with the usual frequency I have. I chose to focus on working on my mod and thought I'd just download everything since January all at once maybe this week. What are the chances? :(

I guess I'll have to download things as they become available again. Thanks for everyone who's working together to get things reuploaded.:)

Top Bottom