[BtS] Diversica

Just version 060 not with the A.

Have uploaded here ---> geocities.com/flastukamoof/karl-mali.zip

Crashes immediatly after hitting end turn.

That crash is caused by some obscure bug which I now encountered for the second time. If you give the Khmer Assembly Line (by 1478 at the latest, e.g. in world editor), the game will continue on without a hitch.

I have no idea what causes this behaviour, nothing in my xml changes should have any impact on this however. Otoh the fact that this is now the second time someone had this problem (with Khmer and Assembly Line again of all things) it does seem to be more than just a random issue (like a savegame corruption).

I still do not find anything wrong in my xml however. If anyone else has some info on this, let me know, it is appreciated.

That crash is caused by some obscure bug which I now encountered for the second time. If you give the Khmer Assembly Line (by 1478 at the latest, e.g. in world editor), the game will continue on without a hitch.

I have no idea what causes this behaviour, nothing in my xml changes should have any impact on this however. Otoh the fact that this is now the second time someone had this problem (with Khmer and Assembly Line again of all things) it does seem to be more than just a random issue (like a savegame corruption).

I still do not find anything wrong in my xml however. If anyone else has some info on this, let me know, it is appreciated.

I would check that Khmer flavor units made availale with AL have matching tags between ArtstyleInfo and ArtDefines.
Also, does AL trigger era change? If so, check Khmer flavor units for matching tags for middle/late eras.

I would check that Khmer flavor units made availale with AL have matching tags between ArtstyleInfo and ArtDefines.
Also, does AL trigger era change? If so, check Khmer flavor units for matching tags for middle/late eras.

Thanks for your help, the problem seems to be more elusive however.

EDIT: I have investigated this further, here is what I now know (unfortunately it still does not point to the source of the issue).

Giving the Khmer AL does not change their era, they already have some other industrial techs, like Scientific Method and Steel.

Giving them another industrial tech (e.g. Combustion) does not prevent the CTD.

All units the Khmer are currently building can be created in world builder without problems.

The Khmer do not finish researching Rifling in 1480, so they do not even get a new tech in 1480.

To the best of my knowledge they do nothing whatsoever in 1480 that they haven't been doing for the previous turns as well (building units and buildings they have built numerous times before already), yet they crash in 1480 unless they get AL (and AL only).

In any case, giving them an additional tech should at most allow them to build more units, it does not take choices away, so from my understanding it should not solve a CTD, at most it should cause one. The only way I can think of that adding a tech could prevent a CTD were if it triggered an era change which in turn triggered an art style change (early / middle / late), thereby preventing the use of a wrong definition for the prior era.

This is not the case here however, all units can be built and giving them AL does not trigger an era change in the first place.

For all I know, there is nothing in my xml which causes this crash, so there is nothing I can do in turn to fix.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome (or a confirmation that that does happen in 3.13 without my mod as well).

Finally, I tracked that one down. I still am somewhat unclear on why giving AL to the Khmer avoids this pitfall, but in any case it is fixed now.

Get the update here.

I love this mod guys! I have one question. Mamba, do you just change units in the game or you can also change some gameplay? Also, is it possible to add some new wonders?

Looks pretty neat! - but the Filefront link seems to be broken (hitting "Download" just leads back to the main Filefront page) and the alternate site gives absolutely terrible download speeds. :(

I did a file search on Filefront, searching for "Diversica" and it came up with 0 files, 0 downloads. Otherwise I have no idea how to navigate to the actual file.

The German site doesn't even work. It either times out after around 8% or doesn't even begin the download. It seems the file is unavailable anywhere right now.

Well in the former case, the link worked* up until earlier, it seems, and now it's dead. I expect this is due to filefront's policy of deleting files that do not get enough downloads, or do not get downloaded regularly.

(*Worked as in it went to a page that apparently allowed you to download the mod, but the download didn't actually work, though.)

Great mod, but I have a problem.

I play with an Italian version of BTS, and there isn't the text of some new civilizations (Israel, Poland and Hungary), of all new units and of the new leaders, but there is the text of Switzerland and Romania.

I check the XML files of text and I saw that there is the tag <Italy>...

Where is the problem? :rolleyes:

Where is Mamba, the main download link seems to be broken....and from what I here the alternative doesn't really work from what people are saying....:( We need Mamba to the rescue!

Back again, was gone for a while.

I uploaded the file to FileFront again and updated the link on the first page, so whoever didn't manage to download it, now is the time to try again :)

Yesterday I palyed a game with version 0.30 as America, everything was working fine.

Today, I downloaded version 0.60 and started a new game as France...

But I have a big problem: the unit icons, at the bottom center of the screen, are not visible.

When I select a worker, there's no button to make it build an improvment. When I select a unit, no button to fortify it, or to upgrade it...
And when I click on a stack of unit, no way to see what other units are there and to select them.

Can it be caused by the mod? How can I solve it?

Have you downloaded the 0.60a and 0.60b fixes ?

For me the buttons and stacks work correctly, with 0.60 and any of the fixes, so I doubt it is due to 0.60 directly (or that the fixes will solve this). Adding the fixes can't hurt though (if you haven't done so already).

I do not know what you would need to do to solve this. As I said, everything works fine for me, and noone has reported that problem yet, so I guess it is working for most people.

Anyone else having that problem ?

Possibly, but I am not sure. 0.60 is a version for 3.13 (0.50 was the last 3.0x version). This means I incorporated the 3.13 changes into my xml where applicable, the rest is inherited from the CIV xml thanks to modular loading.

So in essence you now use small parts of 3.13 with my mod on a 3.0x base. I am not sure whether this causes any problems though (actually I believe it should not, but I never tried it).

I'd recommend you update to 3.13 and see if that fixes it (not sure that it will though).

Top Bottom