The Library

I figured that was what the front page was using but turns out it was default. I'll change it to black.

people read stratfail hahahaha.
I wasn't aware how true this was.

Friedman predicts that a third world war will take place in the middle of the 21st century, close to the year 2050. He asserts that the United States will be allied with the "Polish Bloc", Britain, India, and China in this conflict, and will face a coalition of the Turkish and Japanese empires. He asserts that the war will probably be started by a coordinated Turkish-Japanese sneak attack against the United States and its allies. In the specific scenario discussed in the book, Friedman hypothesizes the attack will place on November 24, 2050, at 5 p.m.[1] He foresees a form of limited war, very different in its conduct than a total war, such as World War II of the 20th century. Friedman asserts that the primary weapons of the war will be long-range hypersonic aircraft, and infantrymen with highly sophisticated, powered body-armor. Friedman predicts control of space will be crucial over the course of the conflict. Friedman states in the book that Germany and France may enter into the conflict during its later stages, probably on the side of the Turkish and Japanese empires. Nonetheless, he assesses that the United States and its allies will win, that the war will last two to three years, and that it will cost somewhere around 50,000 lives. Friedman predicts that after the war the United States will enjoy a prosperous decade in the 2060s due to its overwhelming political and military power at the time, and that new technologies developed during the war will foster dramatic economic growth, especially in the United States.
Don't read anything George Friedman writes or endorses.

Except that NESers really do not make the best judge of that (see: everyone and their uncle's chihuahua jumping on the anti-Diamond bandwagon when most of the objections raised here make it obvious they missed the point of GGS).

That said -- all the books I like are good and all the ones I don't are abysmal.

Except that NESers really do not make the best judge of that (see: everyone and their uncle's chihuahua jumping on the anti-Diamond bandwagon when most of the objections raised here make it obvious they missed the point of GGS).
No, listen, man, this book that concerns itself almost entirely with prehistory, of which there is no written record? It doesn't use real history and historical records! And explaining prehistory without using history, that like, threatens my history discipline credentials, man, and that is bad because

Air Force Magazine: AirLand Reversal - The notion that only land forces win wars is one born of a particular historical era; understanding that airpower can come to take a dominating role instead of a mere support role after a certain level of development is important in the era of precision weapons and beyond...

Air Force Magazine: Air Interdiction - ... As is understanding its shortcomings if and when either the military or political leadership misapplies it, just as with ground war.

Is there a good introductory book about the, for want of a better word, 'Age of Revolution' (i.e. 1770s - 1850s)? I borrowed Hobspawn's The Age of Revolution recently and, while interesting, it presupposes knowledge on the period which would be fine if I knew anything about the late 18th, early 19th century, whcih I don't.

Does anybody better read than I know of a good introductory work about the period?

Symphony D. said:
Don't read anything George Friedman writes or endorses.
Or listen to people who like him.

Top Bottom